ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABB Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaffhausen (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Schaffhausen (Switzerland)) in February 2017.

Interview

Skype and direct contact by the employer and asked about the initial phone screening process for the job description and asked about the skills and areas which are described in the cv ... ... ...

Interview Questions

• CAD, CAE, GD&, T, Basics and fundamentals of the CAD, Certification acquired sheet metals tool descriptions and so on to know the job description is matching my background knowledge.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Slow Process. Can take up to 2 months. When you are called in for an interview, it will be scheduled as a block of time. You can interview with 5-6 people including HR, co-workers, and multiple layers of Management. Expect to stay for 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with working in a multi-cultural/national company?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABB (Columbia, SC).

Interview

1 In person, 1 Phone with manager. Everyone was extremely nice and friendly. Questions were not that tough. It was pretty laid back, and then I had another phone interview with my manager and that was the last one.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Mumbai (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

technical video con, HR telecon. Video conference with the panel of the business leaders and HR. Later teleconference with HR compensation and benefits. However clear understanding and communications about each round results and next stage clearance.

Interview Questions

• the usual : tell me about yourself and the company that you currently work for   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

lengthy, some times unqualified people conducted the interview. repeated questions, HR didn't see interested in the interview process, heavy politics were clear even during the interview. had to fly me in with all expenses paid

Interview Questions

• what is your best achievement?   1 Answer

SCADA Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Kraków (Poland)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line through their website. I suggest you create an account there and upload your CV rather than le bunch of recruitment agencies apply instead of you.
    I was interviewed at Krakow at Starowislna Street.
    They said they are expanding there and there are around 150+ open positions available, in few offices in Krakow.
    I was asked about my past experience, projects, tools I have used and some IT / Linux questions. My background and experience were matching and I was applying for a Senior/Consultancy position (+5 years).
    Everything went OK. Since in Poland such a companies will not propose the salary range I was asked about one. I think I have told them far less then you would expect for the similar position in countries like the UK, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, etc.
    They told me I will be likely hired and will start from beginning of December 2017. I just have to await to hear from them for further details.
    After that I never got any info from them.
    After around one month I have logged-into my candidate profile on their website only to see that status of my application was "Application Unsuccessful".
    Quite disappointing as for the big and known company like this. I will rather never apply there again.
    It may be good for graduates without experience and know-how in engineering disciplines, or people which are applying for their first professional job, but for professionals like myself, with international experience, you will not be recognized and valued.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about past jobs, experiences, engineering tools, IT tools, etc.   Answer Question

C I Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB in December 2017.

Interview

Un premier appel au niveau RH pour filtrer les principales compétences et la motivation. Puis un second entretien deux semaines plus tard avec le Directeur du programme d'Amélioration continue. En attente du retour de ce second entretien.

Interview Questions

• 5 questions portant sur les realisations, expériences et comportement ; l'aspect technique était secondaire. Entretien difficile mais très enrichissant, ce qui renforce l'intérêt pour le poste proposé.   Answer Question

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Lahore (Pakistan)) in January 2013.

Interview

Multiple Interviews with HR, hiring manager & Head of Department starting from phone to various face to face interviews. Also reference, background and medical check. Usually takes 3 months to offer.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself, skills, achievements, certifications, degree, info about companies, ethics (behavior), integrity, degree, technical knowledge, soft skills, motivations,   Answer Question

Advanced Materials Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB in June 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a scientist that was employed and active in my field. She gave me a general overview of the products and I worked with her on ideas to spread my knowledge on the topics. It was to gain insight on what I knew and how to implement it.

Interview Questions

• What type of materials are used in fire resistance.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABB (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was a normal one. Asked few questions on C, OS etc.,
    There are 2 technical rounds followed by an HR round.
    Good preparation for interviews will make sure u will get job in ABB.
    Salary is less as per market standards.