ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABB Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.9

Junior SAP Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I received a message through LinkedIn from a direct recruiter of ABB. I responded and gave him my phone number where he called me. Later that same day after speaking he asked if He could arrange a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I agreed to. The communication flow between the recruiter and I was amazing, he was very attentive. The hiring manager ended up contacting me while I was on vacation but was very nice about it and was very apologetic not knowing I was in Las Vegas having fun! Anyways, so as the phone conversation went on, I was originally being interviewed for a Senior position but during the call with the hiring manager, we both agreed that I was more at a junior level and that he is requesting internally to have this position open for employment. I waited about 2 weeks and received a call from the recruiter again asking me to apply to the newly opened junior position which I did... Things went so smoothly from that point on. Kudos to the recruiting team! I was contacted by the account manager who basically made my face to face interview schedule go even smoother. I did meet with the manager I spoke with on the phone. Very good interview. Because his manager was not available at that time I met with the HR manager as well. That same day I was given a call after that interview that they would like me to come in and meet the main supervisor for that group as soon as possible. I did go back in a couple of days later and met with the supervisor and another business partner that I would be working with directly if given this position. That interview also went very well. I was very pleased with the entirety of this process and was very welcomed. However a week had passed and I heard nothing... I contacted the HR account manager and was very sincere and apologetic for the delay... I waited another 2 weeks and finally heard from them that they moved on with another candidate. Al though I was sad about the news, the account manager as well as the recruiter gave me very positive feedback and said that they will ensure I am first pick for another position should it open up and if I am still interested and available. They asked that I keep in contact with them through LinkedIn and they would check in with me to see what my employment status is ... What a wonderful group of people and very precise and dedicated. This is a company I would certainly be honored to work for. Kudos to all that I came in contact with here at ABB.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize knowing you have multiple SAP projects and a few business partners hounding you down to get their project done first?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I am confident that my research and engineering knowledge and expertise will prove valuable to your organization and I hope that I will get the opportunity to discuss them in person with your hiring team. I thank you in advance for your time and consideration and I look forward to receiving your reply.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Jefferson City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Received and email and call in order to schedule an interview. Went to interview site and met with two of their engineers. About 40 minutes long. Nothing technical, mostly basic/expected questions.

Interview Questions

• What are four adjectives that you would use to describe yourself?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Jefferson City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

First they did a phone screening interview during which I interviewed with one of their recruiters for about 45 mins. Then I did a second interview on the phone with the IT manager for almost an hour. He asked general questions, not too technical. I was then invited for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 4 groups of two people. The interview went took about 4 hours! It was very technical. They were asking questions related to their local systems as if I already used their systems on a day-to-day basis. After all that, I waited almost 3 weeks and reached out to them. They said they were "leaning towards another candidate". After another maybe two weeks I got an email saying they withdrew the position and did not hire anyone. It was a huge waste of my time!

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex thing you have done with a database system?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

had to write a test to qualify. questions were basic electrical questions. multiple choice. the process was little lengthy. the technical questions were really good and were based on the engineering stream

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Mount Pleasant, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

on-phone brief interview with basic "get to know you" questions
    Went in for on-site interview. extensive situational questions
    Never heard back within the 4 week window. I reached out to contact the interviewer but he never emailed me back. very dissapointed with how the process was handled.
    Overall semi-hard interview

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a co-worker who did not see eye to eye with you?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABB (Cookeville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

There were two interviewers, they asked a lot of questions in 30 mins. I felt confident about the answers i gave them but i wasn't picked. you have to be prepared to go for this interview. they ask questions based on school work.

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABB (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Nice, fluently, not drastic and technical, good communication, examples, direct question and answer. Nice Collaboration and interchangeable knowledge. The interview was concise and clear. Good description about the position and able to describe any processes.

Interview Questions

• How are you proactively when you are dealing with requirements that belong to team role?   1 Answer

Building Automation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ABB in February 2016.

Interview

A phone interview with 4 people. Mostly based on resume. Few technical questions here and there. Concentrated on the projects and the current research area. Questions about Embedded Systems and my experience related to it.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinetops, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABB (Pinetops, NC).

Interview

I went through a temp agency and came in for a plant tour and a few questions but basically was already hired it seemed. They introduced me to nearly everyone and told me the names of each department. I went and met with human resources and she gave me a packet of information concerning polices, benefits, direct deposit info etc. After finishing up with her I was directed to the area I was assigned and was told I would shadow for a certain period then eventually start hands on training when given consent.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you comfortable working by yourself or part of team?
      Q: Have you ever worked in plant before?
      Q: What did you enjoy most and dislike most about your last employer?
      1 Answer