ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABB Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ABB in February 2016.

Interview

A phone interview with 4 people. Mostly based on resume. Few technical questions here and there. Concentrated on the projects and the current research area. Questions about Embedded Systems and my experience related to it.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinetops, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABB (Pinetops, NC).

Interview

I went through a temp agency and came in for a plant tour and a few questions but basically was already hired it seemed. They introduced me to nearly everyone and told me the names of each department. I went and met with human resources and she gave me a packet of information concerning polices, benefits, direct deposit info etc. After finishing up with her I was directed to the area I was assigned and was told I would shadow for a certain period then eventually start hands on training when given consent.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you comfortable working by yourself or part of team?
      Q: Have you ever worked in plant before?
      Q: What did you enjoy most and dislike most about your last employer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Over the phone, one person interview followed by a very long background check. Easy interview, they essentially want to know you are completely incapable and are willing to travel 75% of the time. In total, it took approx 4 weeks from offer acceptance to start.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Quick and easy. First was a 1 on 2 phone interview. Second was a 1 on 4 in person interview. Very nice people and easy to talk to.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Norman, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Internship Interview goes very well. IT is just about my resume.
    Asked me to explain two of my undergraduate projects. Some basic behavioral questions.
    It hardly took 15 minutes. They said that I will be getting their response by November.
    Very excited to hear from them.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB in September 2015.

Interview

After a career fair at the university, the interviewer called me to set up an interview. I interviewed with 2 software engineers from ABB. Interview was behavioral based and going over your resume pretty much. It was about 20 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader when you do a team work?
      If there are limited sources to compete a project by deadline, what would you do?   Answer Question

Director of Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

The process is quiet interesting. They really dont understand how several LOB's work together. They want someone to be responsible for all their deficiencies without the inherent issues that ABB has by operating each area separate as one company. Poor guy that takes on the job. They need reinventing from the top.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on PM, but I doubt they know PMI organization applications since they develop their own.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Got contacted a couple of days after posting my resume up on a career website. Set up a phone interview over email. Got back to me within a week with the job

Interview Questions

• Basic questions and assessing my skill level. No technical questions. Seemed more like an informative interview   Answer Question

Power Electronics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB in August 2015.

Interview

The interview is 30 min. And the inter view started with a brief introduction of your self.5-10 min
    Ask several questions of the projects in your resume. 15 min.
    They will ask the projects that they may interested in your resume. And they ask to what extend do you understand what you were doing in that projects.
    3 interviewers. they are scientists, interested in power conversion.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ABB drive products.
      The experience of using MATLAB/Simulink.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABB (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Normal Interview Process. Standard questions on my background and work history and if I knew particular functions of the job. Two separate interviews lasting approximately an hour with each person.