ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABB (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Normal Interview Process. Standard questions on my background and work history and if I knew particular functions of the job. Two separate interviews lasting approximately an hour with each person.

Senior Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABB (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward and on expected lines. I was wondering why the questions were standard. The interviewer first asked to introduce myself and describe my experience in the sales and marketing field. Only after that did the interview about specific ABB products proceed. Mostly they asked about drives and PLC marketing based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you will convert an enquiry to a sale   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I had to pass trough 3 different interviews. The first one was a group interview, with other 9 people I had to solve case studies. The second one was with my soon to be boss and the last one with the product management responsible

Substation Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Everything was pretty good. They made me feel really good. However I never received any communication back related the process, I sent a couple of emails to the people who interviewed me and I did not get any response. Really disappointed with the experience since ABB is a well know company

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical questions to check your background. Also some personal questions.   Answer Question

Software Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABB (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

hiring manager contacted me phone and prep me for the interview. The hiring hr person was great and had reviewed my resume with his superiors before contacting me. He also was coaching me for the interview. I had performed very similar job for last last 10 years. However, the interviewer didn't warn me that anyone living outside city limits wasn'.t going to be considered by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• interviewer was more concerned that i didnt live inside the Atlanta perimerter .   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief and to the point. None of the Myers/Briggs type behavioral questions were asked and I was done in an hour. Met with 3 people total for about 20 minutes each. I got to see the work environment but everyone was at lunch.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would handle a difficult manager and what type of manager would I most like to work under.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Software Engineer Internship through Employee referral. I got the email for scheduling interview on specific day. I Got the call on the same day on time.

Interview Questions

• Basic Testing question, Agile Methodology, and C# basic questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview. First one was a phone interview. Lasted for around 15 minutes. Asked basic questions from Resume, and a few behavioral. Nothing from technical. Next was a technical interview. it lasted for an hour. And the final round was a written test in coding.

Interview Questions

• Few questions about automated testing, eclipse, netbeans. Few questions about the projects I did. Fourier transforms etc. ANd also few technical questions from Java regarding strings, applets, containers etc. I was also asked few more questions regarding the subjects I took.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Columbia, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Really brief, small case question about a pen and the materials within. They asked 1 or 2 behavioral questions but mostly resume based. I was contacted by the manager short after for another phone screen with him, then I was offered 2 days later.

ABB Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very long wait to find out if you get a second interview. Very wishy washy. Got an email on Sunday night to have an interview on Monday morning last minute and never even seen the email....need more notice.