ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.

2.5

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. (Gainesville, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Short interview with HR Manager, Production Supervisor, and a brief tour through manufacturing plant. During the plant tour several areas of production were shown to me, but was not shown where I'd be working. The HR Manager did not show me the break rooms, restrooms, or allow me to interact with current employees. These things are extremely important to me. and I feel should be shown to potential employees.

Interview Questions

• Brief conversation about resume, and mic test!   1 Answer

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. (Athens, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Got called in and we went over my resume
    Walked around and toured the facility
    Was asked about my general knowledge of this type of work
    Was told I would be contacted if they were interested

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. (Columbia, SC) in February 2011.

Interview

It is a friendly interview process. Not too formal. I had interview with managers and HR. The HR manager called me one week ahead. Asked some behavior questions, like why you left your previous job. What is your salary expectation. Then three days later, I got an email from HR scheduling the onsite interview.

Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Good questions - about mechanical skills. they asked me about my background and other things. we toured the plant and they showed me the equipment. hr manager talked to me. i also met the department manager. i filled out an application form and some other forms.

Interview Questions

• ability to work in a mfg place   1 Answer

Field Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. (Greenville, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty laid back. Spoke to their training program coordinator at a college career fair and he basically said he would call me for an “interview” that was more of an informational session than anything. Asked me a few easy questions and asked when I could come down to Greenville for a formal interview and tour.

Engineer Tech Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc..

Interview

Dress business casual. One-on-one interview. May meet with managers you will be expected to work with. Typical questions....tell me about your self. Why should I hire you, etc... Each department manager did hiring. If internal will meet with HR as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....different situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation unless salaried.

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. (Greenville, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Was Awesome, very informative, HR Manager is Awesome Supervisors are Awesome. Should me the Machining side and the Assembly side. The equipment is fairly new and still buying new and getting rid of the old.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a place that really care about there people and good Quality.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with a possible on site. Contact was very forward about no layoff policy. Sounded like a low risk, low pressure opportunity. Interviewer was quite nice. Second interview would be on site. Did not proceed further with process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc..

Interview

The plant manager and HR manager interviewed me at a round table, the entire process of interviewing took about 20 minutes. It took about 2 more weeks until I got an offer and I accepted. A polo or button up shirt would be appropriate for this interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you treat an employee refusing to complete a task that was older than you?   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

We are hired from within. The interview process is really sad, and disorganized.

Interview Questions

• We have a communication problem, how do you intend to fix it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating salary. Your pay is based on the number of subordinates you will have below you. Education matters very little.