ABB Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC | Glassdoor

3.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I, first, met ABB at a career fair where they told me to apply online. About four months later, I received an email for video on-demand interview where the questions are presented and I would record my answers on video at my convenience. Almost two weeks later, I received a phone call for on-site interview. That was when I realized the website is a fake representation of the company. The on-site interview included a presentation (45 minute presentation, 15 minute questions). They kept interrupting me during my talk. I don't have problems with it, but I found it rude. One person in audience acted like a know-it-all which I thought was testing my reaction to being intimidated. Next stop was the VP who could not be more discouraging when he said the company almost bankrupted few years back and is still on the way to get back on track. He didn't have an idea about the company's five year plan and thought technology was a hype. The rest of the interview team made me feel comfortable, but my overall feeling about the company degraded in the first two hours of the interview. Questions from the team were mostly about my background and some few behavioral questions. The moment I was done, I knew it didn't feel right. Though the hiring manager said they'd let me know in two weeks, they never responded to any of my thank you/follow up emails until I made a phone call and left a message. All in all, disappointing and unreal especially if you get your background from their shiny website!

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a start-up money what would you do with that?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I am confident that my research and engineering knowledge and expertise will prove valuable to your organization and I hope that I will get the opportunity to discuss them in person with your hiring team. I thank you in advance for your time and consideration and I look forward to receiving your reply.

Substation Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Everything was pretty good. They made me feel really good. However I never received any communication back related the process, I sent a couple of emails to the people who interviewed me and I did not get any response. Really disappointed with the experience since ABB is a well know company

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical questions to check your background. Also some personal questions.   Answer Question

Power and Automation Leaders PAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with PAL program leader.

The night before the final interview all the candidates were taken to a restaurant and were allowed to meet with people currently in the program. This would have been great if it was the amount of time for a normal dinner. It ended up being around 3.5-4 hours. Weirdly the company representatives were drinking alcohol during this entire dinner which was awkward for those of us trying to be professional. I felt this entire dinner reflected poorly on the company.

The next day we went to an ABB facility where we started with a company overview. Then there was 4 one on one interviews with people of various roles in the company. The interview difficulty varied greatly between interviews. We ended with a facility tour.

Interview Questions

• What other companies you are looking at?   1 Answer
    • They were very curious if I had a lot of passion for the work I did during my co-op   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

Basic Questions of tell me about yourself, what do you know about the company, where do you see yourself in three years, what would your manager say about yourself, give me an example about troubleshooting, do you work good in a team or by yourself and what do you know about Subsystems? HR person was not very friendly and I thought it was the personally test to see how I would react. He did not seem to want to be there. They also don't call you or inform you if you did not get the job. It is like one of those dates of don't call me, I will call you. There is no follow up. I sent two emails and receive nothing. Then after calling, I was told it was filled. I thought their process was rude and unprofessional. Overall my other two interviewers were nice. I would give them 3.5 stars out of 5.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your troubleshooting process to a HR non technicial person.   1 Answer