ABB Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC | Glassdoor

ABB Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC

3.1

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I am confident that my research and engineering knowledge and expertise will prove valuable to your organization and I hope that I will get the opportunity to discuss them in person with your hiring team. I thank you in advance for your time and consideration and I look forward to receiving your reply.

Substation Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Everything was pretty good. They made me feel really good. However I never received any communication back related the process, I sent a couple of emails to the people who interviewed me and I did not get any response. Really disappointed with the experience since ABB is a well know company

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical questions to check your background. Also some personal questions.   Answer Question

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Company conducted a phone screening first, after a few weeks a phone interview was set up with the business manager; weeks later a face to face interview was conducted with the business manager, HR person and another member of the team.

Interview Questions

• Focus on experience and plans for the future, they look for clear examples.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied on line, got phone interview a week later. All technical questions, most related to resume, and basic questions about courses. Got an offer 3 weeks later. Went pretty smoothly.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Submit the application online and waited for 6 months to get a video interview; then the call back and phone interview. And the last is the on-site interview. The interview included a presentation, individual interviews with managers, HR manager and future co-workers. A work lunch was included. The company paid for everything. It was a nice trip.

Interview Questions

• 1. describe your previous job
      2. describe how you will deal with this project
      3. how your approach to deal with the co-workers and managers.
      Answer Question

Power and Automation Leaders PAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with PAL program leader.

The night before the final interview all the candidates were taken to a restaurant and were allowed to meet with people currently in the program. This would have been great if it was the amount of time for a normal dinner. It ended up being around 3.5-4 hours. Weirdly the company representatives were drinking alcohol during this entire dinner which was awkward for those of us trying to be professional. I felt this entire dinner reflected poorly on the company.

The next day we went to an ABB facility where we started with a company overview. Then there was 4 one on one interviews with people of various roles in the company. The interview difficulty varied greatly between interviews. We ended with a facility tour.

Interview Questions

• What other companies you are looking at?   1 Answer
    • They were very curious if I had a lot of passion for the work I did during my co-op   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

There was a phone interview first. The face to face interviews were almost twelve hours. There were seven different people and two written tests.

Interview Questions

• What would cause you to leave the company if you get this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy in that I had supporting reasons for my requests.

Electrical Engineer- Protection Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a contract job and I was only interviewed through Phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Why did you do your masters at UB?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

Basic Questions of tell me about yourself, what do you know about the company, where do you see yourself in three years, what would your manager say about yourself, give me an example about troubleshooting, do you work good in a team or by yourself and what do you know about Subsystems? HR person was not very friendly and I thought it was the personally test to see how I would react. He did not seem to want to be there. They also don't call you or inform you if you did not get the job. It is like one of those dates of don't call me, I will call you. There is no follow up. I sent two emails and receive nothing. Then after calling, I was told it was filled. I thought their process was rude and unprofessional. Overall my other two interviewers were nice. I would give them 3.5 stars out of 5.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your troubleshooting process to a HR non technicial person.   1 Answer

Substation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

Mostly informal. The drawings I had to review were very basic and I was surprised that no one had any actual construction (real world ) experience. It is not difficult to have a favorable interview when your field knowledge trumps office knowledge. The people were very pleasant, but not very knowledgeable in design processes, project planning or execution. It was most surprising that no one had any field construction experience - nor are they interested in gaining this experience, even going so far to state it is not necessary. They are too comfortable with the office, climate controlled environment. For someone with both design and construction experience the interview process is going to be easy.

Interview Questions

• What is wrong with this drawing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

To a degree, at the time, I did not realize how low paid I was in my current position. That has since been corrected (based on a 40 hour week). Overall, I am still at a loss, since my last job we were paid by the hour (straight time). As far as salary and compensation - everything is negotiable. The goal is to get the company to want you, BEFORE any compensation is discussed.