ABB Research Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Västerås, Västmanland (Sweden)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Västerås, Västmanland (Sweden)) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview took 6 hours continously and divided into 5 phases. 1. chatting with HR on general questions during which you may choose whatever topic if you can dominate the conversation. 2. Group leader will test your ability of practical work from discussion on your previous experience. 3. Presentation to the perspective colleagues on what you have done so far. Don't expect to finish all the slides because it turns into mutual discussion eventually. 4. Discussion with the Head of Division, some specific technical question will come at this point and try to make yourself clear. 5. Lunch with group leader and colleagues, mainly chatting on families, hobbies, football...6. Personality interview by HR in the Division, chatting as in coffee break.

Interview Questions

• How would you start working on a project if you are hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I feel no need to negotiate this time. It is my first real job and I am satisfied.