ABB Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABB Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview went well and I wasn't stressed at all. I felt the interviewers tried to be friendly. Mostly asked about my background and the knowledge on the new role. The interview was set up with the HR. HR contacted me and set up a time.

Interview Questions

• How to convience a manager when I have new ideas in sales.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ABB

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABB (Cairo (Egypt)) in June 2017.

Interview

I have applied as a Trainee. and they called me for a job interview and when i went to the meeting they apologized for the mistake that the HR have sent my mail to them as an experienced and looking for a job engineer. while i was applying for a Training at the employment fair at my university.

Interview Questions

• they have asked me about my experiences..   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABB (Cairo (Egypt)) in January 2016.

Interview

you are interviewed technically first, then comes the HR, the technical interview decides everything, it then took the HR 2 months to contact me for an HR interview, which is more like a bargaining interview.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job specifically, where do you think it will take you   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

visited three times and meet diffrent levels, group discussion and case interview

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABB (Kolkata (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Generate service business for retrofit revamp and service business for HT switchgear division of ABB, two technical round followed by HR round and final Face to face discussion and telephonic discussion

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Athens (Greece)) in May 2012.

Interview

One Interview with HR manager as a first contact and to screen possible skills and one with hiring manager with more focus on the skills needed for the job at hand

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (New Delhi (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

The recruitment process was an off campus process for induction as management staff. The process comprised of an aptitude test, Group discussion, Personal & HR interview. The complete process took a day and I was given an offer letter on the spot. Thus out of 100 candidates total 9 were selected for the job title.

Interview Questions

• A business situation was given and I was assessed according to my answer. How would I do business with a dealer who is willing to do anything to get the order?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in January 2012.

Interview

Two interviewers: Business Unit Manager & HR Manager
    Interview started of by going through my work experiences.
    Focused on what sales and sales management skills I have learnt and will be able to bring to ABB.

Interview Questions

• Describe one unexpected problem you faced with a customer.   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process involved several steps starting from aptitude test (around 60 questions in an hour), technical test, group discussion, HR interview and technical interview. All the applicants were asked to report at the Bangalore office and were shortlisted based on resumes. After a detailed introduction, there were objective tests. GD included common topics and one group consisted of around 8 people. Every round was like a knockout round and after whole day process, offer letters were given in the evening. This was an off-campus recruitment.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB in December 2009.

Interview

First I had a interview on phone by HR then they ask me to submit all supporting documents. Later they call me for face face interview.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge on Fiber optic communication in power industry?   Answer Question