ABB Interview Questions in South Boston, VA | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Boston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (South Boston, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Most positions are open for a duration of 3 months. Hiring is predominant during start of second quarter each year.
    The HR phone call for 30 minutes discussion was the first round.
    Likeliness towards applied position, job location, relocation benefits, compensation, work permits etc were discussed. HR promised to get back if selected for next round.

HR got back two weeks since and scheduled appointment with Hiring Manager.
    Hiring manager was my manager to whom i report now.
    Questions asked were, tell us about you present job? whats the exciting part of your present job?
    He explained about the company and job position. Briefed up job responsibilities. Mentioned players with whom i would interact each day. willingness to relocate if selected. Let me know they have other candidates to interview and that HR would contact back.

HR was so considerate in sending a follow up E mail and inquiring about the phone call with hiring manager.
    Two weeks since, date set for interview. Flight tickets, rental car with GPS and hotel accommodation was booked.

I arrived at 8 AM for the interview that lasted for 6 hours with 6 people.
    First hour commenced with a plant tour and an interaction with Quality and Process Engineer. Questions like tell me about yourself, strengths, people management, leadership skills etc were asked.

Second Interview was face to face with Hiring manager (Executive Quality Manager). Questions very specific to resume and job descriptions.

Third interview with Product Manager for the product line i was hired for.

4th interview with the Operations Manager.

Lunch with hiring manager and operations manager.

5th Interview with Quality Systems Manager. Questions w.r.t Resume and quality tools. FMEA, Control plans, process maps, checklists, internal/external audits, how did you handle a defective component? etc.

Final round with the HR coordinator. This was a wonderful discussion where the HR coordinator explained the history of this plant, how many ppl worked, shifts, vacation policies, sick leave policy, health insurances etc.

Result was announced on the third day of interview.
    Later relocation coordinator contacted and provided information. The HR was so considerate in providing housing information and i ended up renting a house of ABB Ex employee in the area.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult Question/unexpected question, but challenging question - Explain a root cause analysis with past experience, what were causes, how did you arrive at causes, what data was collected to prove evidence of causes, and how did you find out the root cause of the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Check out compensations for the county in FLC data base and negotiate salary with hiring manager. Always room for negotiation.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Boston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB (South Boston, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Behaviour and Technical

Negotiation