ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits

1.9

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits.

Interview

First interview with GM and assistant manager was very casual. Simple questions. Took place in the open store on the sales floor. Second interview with area manager. Same. Very casual and laid back. Typical interview questions about job history and telling me about the company and why I'd enjoy working there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your first job. Why did you leave that job?   1 Answer

Offered only $30,000. Not enough. Would not match my current employers alary.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits.

Interview

The interview process was very short. They make the position sound much more important than it really is. The interviewer made it seem like there is a possibility to move up and make real money when there is nothing like that available. The main concerns of the interview was the background and criminal check. And implied like they were going to dig deep and find anything that you could have been involved in.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a criminal background?   1 Answer

Low pay

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits (Ormond Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took a few days to interview with regional manager. Friendly and casual. Total process took about 10 days. Be sure to dress well for the interview. Amazing how some show for the interview in shorts and a t-shirt. Managers are very positive so bring your best attitude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting pay is based on position applied for. I was able to negotiate hours as I prefer evenings.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seminole, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits (Seminole, FL) in August 2018.

Interview

Super brief phone interview, recruiter didn't sound prepared to do interview- did not know answers to any questions I had. After I gave brief rundown of qualifications and retail job history, I was told I would hear back after she spoke with HR about the area I applied for and if not, to call and check. Recruiter did not respond to email and phone call.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this Training program?   1 Answer
    • What type of programs have you implemented in your retail management career?   Answer Question

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Response

Aug 27, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. If I was the person you spoke with, I am so sorry that I did not take care of you the way you should be taken care of. The fact that I am a new employee with ABC... More

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits (Orlando, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

It was easy. It's not what you know it's who you know. In all honesty if you can pass the background check, the drug test, and the credit check you pretty much in there. With their low pay, this place has a revolving door of "team members " coming and going. The are always hiring and have openings for new employees.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't really a question but they stated the job only pays $10 an hour. And wanted to make sure I was willing to do the job for that.   1 Answer

Wine Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was advertised as a Job Fair at one of the better ABC stores in Jacksonville, FL. In effect, it was a "cattle call" and the assembled applicants ranged in age and experience. The understaffed HR unit on hand took 3 hours to process the application pool while apologizing for the delays.

Some of the interviews could be overheard by the assembled who politely said nothing. How many people heard one of the applicants trying to play down their fraud charges? It was amusing at times.

Realizing that the HR staff was really performing a triage method of weeding out the pool minimized the laughter. Everyone got a first interview, usually with an experienced store manager. If that went well, then the applicants met with the HR Recruiter.

The interviewers acted with business professionalism and they were right to the point: what can you do for us? Are you available holidays and weekends? Is there anything we will find in your background check? And, of course…can you lift 50 lbs.?

My first interview was very comfortable in 20 minutes with a seasoned manager from a local store in the greater Jacksonville, FL area.

Upon my second interview, I learned the position I had applied for, Wine Consultant, which was openly posted here in Glassdoor and on their site, did not actually exist. Nor did the advertised salary potential of $30k-80k. ABC was looking for hourly workers to push their beer and wine.

I found that to be disappointing. With a wealth of proven experience, references, and classical wine training, I thought I must have been in the wrong building or that I had possibly fallen for an unexpected "bait and switch" game.

My interview ended after their admission that the job did not exist and the faint reference that they would call me in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything in your history we will find with the background check?   1 Answer

Wine Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

30 minute standing interview with a regional manager. Didn't take to long. They were trying to talk me out of the job since I was way over qualified for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits (Lakeland, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very friendly. Interviewed with Bill Jackson and he was very laid back, but professional. For once I was fully informed about the job by the time I left.

Anonymous Employee in Lady Lake, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits (Lady Lake, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Single interview in back storage room that lasted 15 minutes. Interview process is limited and very short. Often there would be a number of interviews, however mine was limited based on the need to hire someone immediately.

Interview Questions

• No questions that were difficult or unexpected. Very simple interview process that doesn't allow for much interaction and seems very unprofessional to conduct an interview in the back storage area of your business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because of pay structures in place.

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits (Hudson, FL).

Interview

can you lift 50 pounds? can you work any day of the week? CAN YOU SELL? The store manager could not have been nicer and eager to get me started.

Negotiation

we start at $7.75 per hour