ABC Imaging Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABC Imaging (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

easy , one time interview, f2f. The boss was very nice. But i had to wait like 30min to see him.
    They gave me my answer within 2 days that i should start asap

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Imaging (Washington, DC).

Interview

They stand around you in a circle shooting questions at you. It's disorganized and very impersonal. Some of the people are standing behind you so it's a bit odd when answering. They ask a lot of questions that feel coded like they're feeling out your moral compass. They also don't answer any questions about benefits or opportunities.

3D Print Digital Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Imaging (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewing process consisted of one phone interview and then two in-person interviews. The phone interview was very casual and a way for them to get to know you. The first in-person interview was with the VP of the department and was pretty easy. Basic interviewing questions and a brief tour of the department. The second in-person interview was supposed to be with two people from HR and the VP I had already interviewed with. The VP ended up not being able to make it and so the interview was basically another "getting to know each other" interview with these two. At this point, it seemed I was going to get an offer and this was just to make sure HR was on board.

The interviewing process took a fairly long time because the VP had business travel planned during the process. Probably would have been shorter if he didn't have to leave town. As the reviews from employees state, they definitely low ball you. I was given an embarrassingly low offer (hourly offer) for a full time position. The offer came from HR which made me think the company as a whole was not on the same page. I contacted the VP directly regarding the offer and he apologized immediately. He asked me for my desired salary range and said he would have to speak with the CEO about the salary. This seemed odd to me since this is a pretty large company and I would think the CEO shouldn't be bothered with such matters. He eventually came back with a new offer which was much lower than my range and when I attempted to counter he said he wouldn't be able to reach my lower limit. I respectfully declined the offer because it wouldn't be enough to live on in the DC area.

Interview Questions

• When given a Rivit file, what would be the first steps you would take to begin preparing the file for 3D printing?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABC Imaging (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by company recruiter, who was very professional and an excellent communicator about the needs of the company. Interview was performed at the company headquarters, and the panel was the recruiter and the HR director. It was a horrific snow day, and they were gracious in accommodating their schedule for my late arrival.

The personnel director seemed very professional, knowledgeable and engaged about various aspects of the business of this privately held company of 600 employees. The company was working to fill personnel gaps from its rapid expansion and global presence.

Interview Questions

• How do I motivate a team.   1 Answer
    • What is my IT background.   1 Answer
    • What security experience do I possess?   1 Answer
    • Was a currently employed, and if so, why was I applying?   Answer Question

On Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Imaging (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

It was a panel interview and had all of the usual questions

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprising other than if you were told you always had to do something as certain way would you always do it?   Answer Question

The pay was not good at all and the benefits are meager with no matching funds for a 401 K plan

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABC Imaging (Washington, DC).

Interview

Generally you will have a phone interview with HR and a followup technical interview with current employees doing the job an a manager or A VP. If they want to consider you the final hiring decision is generally made by the owner.

Interview Questions

• They will ask a lot of print server related questions. They generally deploy print servers in architectural and engineering firms where they also put in a cost recovery system. So you will need some basic network troubleshooting skills and some knowledge of print servers and some basic SQL knowledge. You may be asked to write a select statement that merges data from two fields in a sql table   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got promoted from within

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABC Imaging (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

I passed technical interview. It was very friendly and interesting. Questions about my experience and some technical tasks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC Imaging (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by several people in the company. First the HR Manager, then the department manager, then the division manager and finally one of the VP's.They showed be around the building and gave me an ambiguous description of my position. After telling me how much they needed me and how great of a fit I would be with the company, they took me into a small room 1 on 1 with the HR manager to discuss compensation.

Negotiation

They gave me a VERY low-ball number that they eventually worked its way up about a dollar/hour.
    Ended up getting $14.50/hour and was unfortunately in no position to turn down the low offer.

Printing Related Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABC Imaging (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

It was clear they planned on hiring me based on my resume. (See negotiation below.) Besides some particular skills that a lot of people have (printing related) they were mostly interested in how desperate I was. They actively look to hire unemployed and desperate people who will accept low-ball offers. Once they think you'll work cheap, they'll tell you any lie necessary in the interview to get you interested. This place and my job ended up being nothing like what they told me in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In choosing to hire me, they were mostly interested in how desperate I was. They actively look to hire unemployed and desperate people who will accept low-ball offers. I accepted a low-ball offer under the pretense that I would get a big raise after I “proved myself”. I was later told by laughing employees that this was a lie - that they use this trick on everyone. Oh, and be careful of that non-compete agreement. It says you can’t work for any company that offers graphic or reprographic services anywhere within fifty miles of any ABC Imaging location for a year and a half - in a clear tactic to keep you from being able to seek better treatment elsewhere.