ABC News Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABC News Intern Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2016

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News in August 2016.

Interview

I got an e-mail from the HR and arranged a time-slot for the telephone interview. At the time, I was abroad in another country, but things worked out well and the HR person called me internationally. The interview lasted about 20-30minutes. After 3 weeks, I received another e-mail from the team that I will be working with. I think they were originally supposed to see me in person, but they were running tight on schedule in hiring so I had another telephone interview. I again, engaged in a phone interview with two people, a production assistant and an associate senior producer form the team. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, but mostly they explained the job that I will be doing and about the team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ABC News

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

General question.
    Tell me more about yourself
    What is your hobby?
    Why this company?
    What is your strengths and weaknesses?Tell me more about the job and why you think you deserve to be hired
    General question.
    Tell me more about yourself
    What is your hobby?
    Why this company?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through the Disney Career page and I heard back about 2 weeks later from an HR rep. The HR rep conducted a phone interview which was pretty straight forward, mostly about your experience. Then one day later I heard back from the HR rep about coming in for an in person interview. That interview was a little more difficult but still not too bad, more questions about the show than about myself. I was offered the position that night.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite episode, why, and what would you have done differently to the episode?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

We had one interview with a recruiter followed by an interview with an interview with a Production Coordinator. Everyone was very friendly. Both interviews lasted about 30-45 minutes. We started off with answering some of their questions, followed by asking them questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that really connected you to the news lately?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABC News (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

This was through my school and they vetted the candidates for ABC, as well as interviewed the students for them. First we had to submit an essay about ourselves as well as explaining why we would be good for the position. After they reviewed our essays and resumes, they then called us in for in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you apply for other positions? Why this one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Was asked details about the show e.g. Who are the anchors? Then asked general questions about my fit for the position. And what have you viewed as your biggest failure so far?

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected - questions were fairly standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

One interview with HR, one interview with producer. The HR interview went smoothly - basic questions about why I was interested in pursuing a broadcast news career. Both HR and the program producer wanted to know which news sources I trusted most, and how I got my news.

Interview Questions

• Which news sources do you follow?   1 Answer