ABC News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABC News Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

Associate Producer, ABC News Radio Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

This is my second time interviewing with ABC. This time for ABC News Radio. I got a voicemail from the senior producer and was asked to come in to interview. I came in, we talked about my experiences and qualifications relating to the functions of the job and if I could commit to 24/7 on call even though this is part time. He was very nice and professional, explained three types of roles an AP may be assigned to for this position and wanted to make sure I knew what I was up against.

My duties would be answering phones, securing contacts for stories, writing breaking news, editing audio or sound clips, and going out on the field to shoot and record for stories.

I took a writing test which I expected (having interviewed previously doing a timed test), and then took a fill-in-the-blank test on state capitals, public figures, sports, news terms, political figures, acronyms, etc and he said I did well. After one hour of interviewing with him and completing the tests, I met with two executives who chatted me up a lot. Very friendly and I asked questions. Then was handed back to the senior producer to say my goodbyes and told "I'll be in touch". I wrote a handwritten thank you letter and now I wait to hear back!

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with radio outside of college?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Are you into sports?   1 Answer

Manager, Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ABC News in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. Set up a screen call and walked recruiter through my resume. Recruiter was very thorough asked specifics about individual contributions and daily responsibilities about current role.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to complete tasks efficiently with no direction or supervision? What would you do if you were left alone during your first week in your new role?   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Written assessment on world capitals and leaders, airport codes, sports teams, world events. This test was difficult, wish I had known and studied. There is also a writing assessment. The interviewer was pleasant and made for a comfortable discussion.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

General question.
    Tell me more about yourself
    What is your hobby?
    Why this company?
    What is your strengths and weaknesses?Tell me more about the job and why you think you deserve to be hired
    General question.
    Tell me more about yourself
    What is your hobby?
    Why this company?

Senior Manager, Corporate Development Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 onsite.

Interview Questions

• Canned management questions and few technical questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABC News (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

This was through my school and they vetted the candidates for ABC, as well as interviewed the students for them. First we had to submit an essay about ourselves as well as explaining why we would be good for the position. After they reviewed our essays and resumes, they then called us in for in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you apply for other positions? Why this one?   Answer Question

SEO Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY).

Interview

Nice newsroom. It's big and there's plenty of space. Interview happened in a conference room. Was asked about my SEO and search experience. Was asked what adjustments I would make to improve search and SEO for specific types of articles, especially entertainment. Initial phone interview about passion for news, what news websites I read. No real behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABC News (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

It was very short.

Associate Producer, Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

They did not provide travel/accomodations for the interview. The skills test took about 1.5 hours and actual one-on-one interview about 30 minutes. The recruiter was friendly, but the person I interviewed with was less approachable. Basically, they did not seem friendly and I did not have a good vibe from the place.

Interview Questions

• Read through the news clippings, then summarize and provide a heading for as many as you can in the time given.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ABC News (San Jose, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview after applying on linked in