ABC News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Producer, ABC News Radio Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

This is my second time interviewing with ABC. This time for ABC News Radio. I got a voicemail from the senior producer and was asked to come in to interview. I came in, we talked about my experiences and qualifications relating to the functions of the job and if I could commit to 24/7 on call even though this is part time. He was very nice and professional, explained three types of roles an AP may be assigned to for this position and wanted to make sure I knew what I was up against.

My duties would be answering phones, securing contacts for stories, writing breaking news, editing audio or sound clips, and going out on the field to shoot and record for stories.

I took a writing test which I expected (having interviewed previously doing a timed test), and then took a fill-in-the-blank test on state capitals, public figures, sports, news terms, political figures, acronyms, etc and he said I did well. After one hour of interviewing with him and completing the tests, I met with two executives who chatted me up a lot. Very friendly and I asked questions. Then was handed back to the senior producer to say my goodbyes and told "I'll be in touch". I wrote a handwritten thank you letter and now I wait to hear back!

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with radio outside of college?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Are you into sports?   1 Answer

Manager, Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ABC News in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. Set up a screen call and walked recruiter through my resume. Recruiter was very thorough asked specifics about individual contributions and daily responsibilities about current role.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to complete tasks efficiently with no direction or supervision? What would you do if you were left alone during your first week in your new role?   Answer Question

General Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume. Scheduled a meeting.Went to interview. Talked about interests and past experiences. Told about the company. Questioned on where I would fit in at the company.Told about upcoming future opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Written assessment on world capitals and leaders, airport codes, sports teams, world events. This test was difficult, wish I had known and studied. There is also a writing assessment. The interviewer was pleasant and made for a comfortable discussion.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News in August 2016.

Interview

I got an e-mail from the HR and arranged a time-slot for the telephone interview. At the time, I was abroad in another country, but things worked out well and the HR person called me internationally. The interview lasted about 20-30minutes. After 3 weeks, I received another e-mail from the team that I will be working with. I think they were originally supposed to see me in person, but they were running tight on schedule in hiring so I had another telephone interview. I again, engaged in a phone interview with two people, a production assistant and an associate senior producer form the team. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, but mostly they explained the job that I will be doing and about the team.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First met with the Supervising Producer before meeting the Executive Producer. Each interview discussed previous experience, knowledge of current news, software I am familiar with and general personality questions. A writing test and current events sheet was required and timed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

General question.
    Tell me more about yourself
    What is your hobby?
    Why this company?
    What is your strengths and weaknesses?Tell me more about the job and why you think you deserve to be hired
    General question.
    Tell me more about yourself
    What is your hobby?
    Why this company?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through the Disney Career page and I heard back about 2 weeks later from an HR rep. The HR rep conducted a phone interview which was pretty straight forward, mostly about your experience. Then one day later I heard back from the HR rep about coming in for an in person interview. That interview was a little more difficult but still not too bad, more questions about the show than about myself. I was offered the position that night.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite episode, why, and what would you have done differently to the episode?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Typical questions. Your experience in news production must be fully explained and how that aligns specifically with ABC News mixed with scenario type questions. In my opinion personality is the determining factor. You must mesh well, you'll be doing a lot of communicating.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the responsibilities of this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy, meeting with the higher ups is fun and casual, the last interview gives you a quiz so be prepared to sit and take a test on general knowledge of News and Sports. This is a fill in the blank. You need to know everything from current events to airport codes to sports teams and cities.

Interview Questions

• They give you a test so make sure you look into current events, sports, and general news.   Answer Question