ABC News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABC News Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2016

News Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABC News (Newark, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

The company contacted me through OCR and I went to interview.

Interview Questions

Moved to a different country

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABC News (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

This was through my school and they vetted the candidates for ABC, as well as interviewed the students for them. First we had to submit an essay about ourselves as well as explaining why we would be good for the position. After they reviewed our essays and resumes, they then called us in for in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you apply for other positions? Why this one?   Answer Question

Digital Media Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview about my reporting experience

SEO Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY).

Interview

Nice newsroom. It's big and there's plenty of space. Interview happened in a conference room. Was asked about my SEO and search experience. Was asked what adjustments I would make to improve search and SEO for specific types of articles, especially entertainment. Initial phone interview about passion for news, what news websites I read. No real behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Was asked details about the show e.g. Who are the anchors? Then asked general questions about my fit for the position. And what have you viewed as your biggest failure so far?

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected - questions were fairly standard.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABC News (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

It was very short.

Intern/News Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ABC News (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Be current on current events--you will be given a quiz regarding current Supreme Court Justices, local politicians, national trivia

Interview Questions

• What do you call a fish with no i?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

One interview with HR, one interview with producer. The HR interview went smoothly - basic questions about why I was interested in pursuing a broadcast news career. Both HR and the program producer wanted to know which news sources I trusted most, and how I got my news.

Interview Questions

• Which news sources do you follow?   1 Answer

Associate Producer, Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

They did not provide travel/accomodations for the interview. The skills test took about 1.5 hours and actual one-on-one interview about 30 minutes. The recruiter was friendly, but the person I interviewed with was less approachable. Basically, they did not seem friendly and I did not have a good vibe from the place.

Interview Questions

• Read through the news clippings, then summarize and provide a heading for as many as you can in the time given.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ABC News (San Jose, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview after applying on linked in