ABC News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABC News Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2017

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy, meeting with the higher ups is fun and casual, the last interview gives you a quiz so be prepared to sit and take a test on general knowledge of News and Sports. This is a fill in the blank. You need to know everything from current events to airport codes to sports teams and cities.

Interview Questions

• They give you a test so make sure you look into current events, sports, and general news.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

We had one interview with a recruiter followed by an interview with an interview with a Production Coordinator. Everyone was very friendly. Both interviews lasted about 30-45 minutes. We started off with answering some of their questions, followed by asking them questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that really connected you to the news lately?   Answer Question

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 onsite.

Interview Questions

• Canned management questions and few technical questions   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

1 meeting with a talent/development producer to see where I would fit in most at the compant. Then had 3 interviews with senior executive producer and one meeting with the person who held my job at the time. the interviews were about 30 mins in length each and took place over the course of 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What's the most important lesson your parents taught you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i accepted the initial offer. there was no negotiation phase

Desk Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABC News in July 2013.

Interview

This was a relatively easy interview process. The first part was a phone interview. After the phone screening and onsite interview with two different people I got a call back and was offered the position. If you want to work in a newsroom, this is an AMAZING experience. You get to work with some of the most experienced professionals in journalism. This opportunity is invaluable.

News Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABC News (Newark, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

The company contacted me through OCR and I went to interview.

Interview Questions

Moved to a different country

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABC News (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

This was through my school and they vetted the candidates for ABC, as well as interviewed the students for them. First we had to submit an essay about ourselves as well as explaining why we would be good for the position. After they reviewed our essays and resumes, they then called us in for in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you apply for other positions? Why this one?   Answer Question

Interview

Phone interview about my reporting experience

SEO Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY).

Interview

Nice newsroom. It's big and there's plenty of space. Interview happened in a conference room. Was asked about my SEO and search experience. Was asked what adjustments I would make to improve search and SEO for specific types of articles, especially entertainment. Initial phone interview about passion for news, what news websites I read. No real behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Was asked details about the show e.g. Who are the anchors? Then asked general questions about my fit for the position. And what have you viewed as your biggest failure so far?

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected - questions were fairly standard.   Answer Question