ABC News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABC News Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2017

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABC News (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

It was very short.

Intern/News Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ABC News (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Be current on current events--you will be given a quiz regarding current Supreme Court Justices, local politicians, national trivia

Interview Questions

• What do you call a fish with no i?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

One interview with HR, one interview with producer. The HR interview went smoothly - basic questions about why I was interested in pursuing a broadcast news career. Both HR and the program producer wanted to know which news sources I trusted most, and how I got my news.

Interview Questions

• Which news sources do you follow?   1 Answer

Associate Producer, Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

They did not provide travel/accomodations for the interview. The skills test took about 1.5 hours and actual one-on-one interview about 30 minutes. The recruiter was friendly, but the person I interviewed with was less approachable. Basically, they did not seem friendly and I did not have a good vibe from the place.

Interview Questions

• Read through the news clippings, then summarize and provide a heading for as many as you can in the time given.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ABC News (San Jose, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview after applying on linked in

Senior Manager of Editing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

Contacted by an HR recruiter and qualified to meet a hiring manager after a phone interview. Was e-mailed a lot of paperwork to fill out including an authorization to order a "Consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report." I was Interviewed by three different people on a 1:1 basis. First the hiring manager, then his boss and then his boss' boss. A lot of repetitive questions. For a television environment, it had a very corporate feel. All the men were in suits and ties which I have not found to be the norm in this industry.

Interview Questions

• It seems like you've had a lot of freedom to make decisions on your own that you might not have in this position. How will you deal with this?   Answer Question

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I served an internship and was referred to the recruitment manager by producers with whom I worked. The recruiter met with me one on one while I was in undergrad (did not pay for travel), then said to keep in touch. 9 months later I finally got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

DA is a union position. No negotiation possible.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by show's Director for a special. Had been recommended by one of the producers. Since I was already working for the company there was no real hiring process. It was really more a matter of whether or not he was interested in working with me.

Interview Questions

• So, I hear your real tough?   1 Answer

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABC News (Seoul (South Korea)) in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted a resume, and got phone interview after 4-5 days for the first round. Talked with the intern reporter for 15 minutes in English, and then was invited to 1:1 interview at the office. Bureau chief was there, and we talked in both Korean and English, for about 20 minutes. Got an offer by text message after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you major in journalism, if you're interested in becoming a reporter?   1 Answer

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Al Ḩajarayn (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (Al Ḩajarayn (United Arab Emirates)) in January 2013.

Interview

It is in process for finalisation