ABC News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABC News Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ABC News (San Jose, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview after applying on linked in

Senior Manager of Editing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

Contacted by an HR recruiter and qualified to meet a hiring manager after a phone interview. Was e-mailed a lot of paperwork to fill out including an authorization to order a "Consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report." I was Interviewed by three different people on a 1:1 basis. First the hiring manager, then his boss and then his boss' boss. A lot of repetitive questions. For a television environment, it had a very corporate feel. All the men were in suits and ties which I have not found to be the norm in this industry.

Interview Questions

• It seems like you've had a lot of freedom to make decisions on your own that you might not have in this position. How will you deal with this?   Answer Question

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I served an internship and was referred to the recruitment manager by producers with whom I worked. The recruiter met with me one on one while I was in undergrad (did not pay for travel), then said to keep in touch. 9 months later I finally got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

DA is a union position. No negotiation possible.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by show's Director for a special. Had been recommended by one of the producers. Since I was already working for the company there was no real hiring process. It was really more a matter of whether or not he was interested in working with me.

Interview Questions

• So, I hear your real tough?   1 Answer

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Al Ḩajarayn (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (Al Ḩajarayn (United Arab Emirates)) in January 2013.

Interview

It is in process for finalisation

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Very general, asked basic competency questions and did not probe deeper on any account.

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABC News (Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki (Poland)) in February 2012.

Interview

short and sweet

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC News (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

cool,1. General round by Director which includes current work and scope
    2. Face to Face interview
    : Technical round with senior member
    : Technical round with Manager
    : Technical round with Director
    : HR round to end
    3. Got the offer in 25-30Days
    4. HR call to confirm if its a satisfactory offer.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC News (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2011.

Interview

no enough time to prepare a presentation

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABC News in September 2010.

Interview

phone interview - one-on-one interview - HR interview

Interview Questions

• tell me about your professional background   1 Answer
    • why should I hire you?   1 Answer