ABC News Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

ABC News Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 8, 2017

Associate Producer, ABC News Radio Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

This is my second time interviewing with ABC. This time for ABC News Radio. I got a voicemail from the senior producer and was asked to come in to interview. I came in, we talked about my experiences and qualifications relating to the functions of the job and if I could commit to 24/7 on call even though this is part time. He was very nice and professional, explained three types of roles an AP may be assigned to for this position and wanted to make sure I knew what I was up against.

My duties would be answering phones, securing contacts for stories, writing breaking news, editing audio or sound clips, and going out on the field to shoot and record for stories.

I took a writing test which I expected (having interviewed previously doing a timed test), and then took a fill-in-the-blank test on state capitals, public figures, sports, news terms, political figures, acronyms, etc and he said I did well. After one hour of interviewing with him and completing the tests, I met with two executives who chatted me up a lot. Very friendly and I asked questions. Then was handed back to the senior producer to say my goodbyes and told "I'll be in touch". I wrote a handwritten thank you letter and now I wait to hear back!

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with radio outside of college?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Are you into sports?   1 Answer

General Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume. Scheduled a meeting.Went to interview. Talked about interests and past experiences. Told about the company. Questioned on where I would fit in at the company.Told about upcoming future opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Written assessment on world capitals and leaders, airport codes, sports teams, world events. This test was difficult, wish I had known and studied. There is also a writing assessment. The interviewer was pleasant and made for a comfortable discussion.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First met with the Supervising Producer before meeting the Executive Producer. Each interview discussed previous experience, knowledge of current news, software I am familiar with and general personality questions. A writing test and current events sheet was required and timed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

General question.
    Tell me more about yourself
    What is your hobby?
    Why this company?
    What is your strengths and weaknesses?Tell me more about the job and why you think you deserve to be hired
    General question.
    Tell me more about yourself
    What is your hobby?
    Why this company?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through the Disney Career page and I heard back about 2 weeks later from an HR rep. The HR rep conducted a phone interview which was pretty straight forward, mostly about your experience. Then one day later I heard back from the HR rep about coming in for an in person interview. That interview was a little more difficult but still not too bad, more questions about the show than about myself. I was offered the position that night.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite episode, why, and what would you have done differently to the episode?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy, meeting with the higher ups is fun and casual, the last interview gives you a quiz so be prepared to sit and take a test on general knowledge of News and Sports. This is a fill in the blank. You need to know everything from current events to airport codes to sports teams and cities.

Interview Questions

• They give you a test so make sure you look into current events, sports, and general news.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

We had one interview with a recruiter followed by an interview with an interview with a Production Coordinator. Everyone was very friendly. Both interviews lasted about 30-45 minutes. We started off with answering some of their questions, followed by asking them questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that really connected you to the news lately?   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

1 meeting with a talent/development producer to see where I would fit in most at the compant. Then had 3 interviews with senior executive producer and one meeting with the person who held my job at the time. the interviews were about 30 mins in length each and took place over the course of 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What's the most important lesson your parents taught you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i accepted the initial offer. there was no negotiation phase

News Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABC News (Newark, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

The company contacted me through OCR and I went to interview.

Interview Questions

Moved to a different country