ABF Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.8

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nacogdoches, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Nacogdoches, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

About an hour long, though we were discussing his career and experience in the company as well. He was a Houston Terminal hiring manager who expressed how important the Trainee position is to anyone who wants to move up in the company. He was very nice, and the questions were manageable.

Interview Questions

• What is a typical work week? Go through the days and tell me what you do.   1 Answer
    • Mastercard expense account. If I applied, would I be able to get it?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question
    • Are you reading anything outside of school?   1 Answer

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

The manager when through a formal list of questions, behavior based analysis type of questions. Very formal and very straight forward. There was no tour of the facility. There was ample time for me to ask questions and inquire about the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst job that you've had?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABF Freight (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Went to career fair, had an interview immediately after speaking to the career fair rep and interviewed on campus the following day. Interview process was casual, interviewer was straightforward and professional.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ABF Freight.

Interview

Applied online, completed two phone interviews and then in person. Interview questions were straight forward, I was lead to believe that I had the position. I was told "it's a go" but then didn't hear from them for a week. After several calls they finally told me that they were forced by upper management to hire "a local".

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself professionally in five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people that were in sales and they read questions off a sheet, same basic questions mentioned here. They explained that their hiring process is very slow, but I heard back pretty quickly that they were not moving forward. Being willing to relocate is a big part but they do ask where you would prefer to be.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you felt you succeeded at something and a time you failed at something.   Answer Question

Part Time Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncan, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Duncan, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview went great the t.m. described the job duties this and that and was very straight forward I thought that interview went good but I really think that they only hire people that know somebody that already works there they don't give s hoot if you have dock worker experience . their loss its not what you know its who you blo

Interview Questions

• They asked the basic do you have prior dock worker experience well I have about 7 years   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant, Data Entry, Cust Serviced Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Arlington, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Went to Burnetts Staffing to put an application and to do my testing after she check my referrals, my back, and my test scores then she will match me up with a client. I asked for long term assignments.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work was I interested in   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABF Freight (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus job portal. Had an interview during the career fair and I was invited to their local office. The overall experience was good with questions primarily focused on personality

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABF Freight.

Interview

basic interview questions if any. it was more of a chat at a public place just so the recruiter can get to know you. you'd have to meet with him twice before you can have a more formal interview with the branch manger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very kind and ask a good amount of questions. He was also open to hear what I had to say to him on my thoughts about the position and my person questions. The interviewer was very open about the job and was would happen if I was chosen to go to a second interview. After the interview I took a test that tested basic vocabulary and mathematics.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a problematic situation with an employee/customer.   Answer Question