ABF Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABF Freight Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABF Freight (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Went to career fair, had an interview immediately after speaking to the career fair rep and interviewed on campus the following day. Interview process was casual, interviewer was straightforward and professional.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ABF Freight.

Interview

Applied online, completed two phone interviews and then in person. Interview questions were straight forward, I was lead to believe that I had the position. I was told "it's a go" but then didn't hear from them for a week. After several calls they finally told me that they were forced by upper management to hire "a local".

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself professionally in five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people that were in sales and they read questions off a sheet, same basic questions mentioned here. They explained that their hiring process is very slow, but I heard back pretty quickly that they were not moving forward. Being willing to relocate is a big part but they do ask where you would prefer to be.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you felt you succeeded at something and a time you failed at something.   Answer Question

Part Time Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncan, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Duncan, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview went great the t.m. described the job duties this and that and was very straight forward I thought that interview went good but I really think that they only hire people that know somebody that already works there they don't give s hoot if you have dock worker experience . their loss its not what you know its who you blo

Interview Questions

• They asked the basic do you have prior dock worker experience well I have about 7 years   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant, Data Entry, Cust Serviced Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Arlington, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Went to Burnetts Staffing to put an application and to do my testing after she check my referrals, my back, and my test scores then she will match me up with a client. I asked for long term assignments.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work was I interested in   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABF Freight (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus job portal. Had an interview during the career fair and I was invited to their local office. The overall experience was good with questions primarily focused on personality

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABF Freight.

Interview

basic interview questions if any. it was more of a chat at a public place just so the recruiter can get to know you. you'd have to meet with him twice before you can have a more formal interview with the branch manger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very kind and ask a good amount of questions. He was also open to hear what I had to say to him on my thoughts about the position and my person questions. The interviewer was very open about the job and was would happen if I was chosen to go to a second interview. After the interview I took a test that tested basic vocabulary and mathematics.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a problematic situation with an employee/customer.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABF Freight in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at my college. The guy was easy to communicate with and easy to answer questions. No problems there but after the initial interview came time for him to send the info to the company. I was contacted by multiple HR employers and it was not very organized. It took them a long time to get information back to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The process took 3 months.

I applied and was contacted about a month later by phone to set up an interview with a Branch Manager. There I was asked about my background, normal interview questions and I was also given a tour of the facility. After the tour, I took a test - exactly how others have described.

About a month later I was contacted to set up an interview with the VP of Sales and Operations. This was an informal meeting. They wanted to get to know me more and give more detail into the company and the program. Extremely nice people and we got a long pretty well.