ABM Industries Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABM Industries Security Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at ABM Industries

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I filled out a job application and was immediately pulled into an interview. It went very well and they needed me right away since I was already licensed to work by the state.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer
  • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ABM Industries

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Seattle, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applyed online, was interviewed a week later standard security related questions. Once you pass the first interview with HR you are sent to a site where you will interview with the Security Manager. If you pass that interview you will be called back for drug screening and job placement. Unless in the first interview you are asked to be a responder if you are asjed this you will only be interviewed once and you probably already passed the interview. Because Security Responders move from site to sort covering shifts and in my opinion is the best postion to start if you are looking to advance quickly.

Interview Questions

• If someone's trapped in an elevator how do you respond?   1 Answer
    • How well do you deal with stressful situations, what do you do to cope?   1 Answer
    • If you were a tree what type of tree would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • How well do you work in a team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are asked to be a responder try to be a tier 1 because they make the most as an incoming officer.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Mount Vernon, IN).

Interview

Interview seemed very "thrown together". Basic interview questions: Do you handle stress well, Work well with others, Why should we hire you, etc. After hiring you fill out paper work packet including background check, take drug test, apply for TWIC card.

Interview Questions

• Do you handle stress well?, Are you open to work any shift?, Available to work holidays?, etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Dublin, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was crappy a group of snobby people in a big room and they wouldn't answer any questions we had and it was a rush to push us thru to where they did t have to deal with us I wish I had never came here to work

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two step process. I first met with the HR recruiter who offered me a site and then I met with the site supervisor. It was easy. They mainly want to know about your availability, especially if you go to school.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever responded to an emergency situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview

You get some training while you are there, them you take a test and you have to take a drug test too. Then you answer some more question on another paper.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABM Industries in February 2014.

Interview

The process was long when it came to filling the position . They doe however offer over time which is always an incentive . The uniforms are very professional and very attractive to wear .

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABM Industries in August 2010.

Interview

you just have to know someone they just need your basic info sleep isn't allowed on the job have to have common sense. they are nice at first nothing is on time apparently management cant afford alarm clocks what they tell you they are "unaware next week. talk with others at the site other than management

Interview Questions

• why dod you wantto work here   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview

Filled out application online. I called a few times to check on the status of my application, each time I was told someone will call me when they get to my application. Finally, my cousin who worked there as well called and spoke to someone in HR that she was friends with and asked if they can pull my application. They did and called me the same day asking if I can come in for an interview the following. I interviewed with someone for HR. They asked a few basic questions: Strength?Weakness? Why should I hire you? Felonies? Can you pass a drug test? Then I waited in the lobby area for about thirty minutes and waited t be called in by one of the Operational Managers. He asked me basic questions as well: When can you start working? What area? What days can you work?He gave me a packet and told me to come in the next day for orientation (with the packet filled out). Technically, not officially hire until you successfully complete the orientation. Orientation was 8 hours. The packet was actually graded and you had to have a certain amount right. Never did the drug test. Passed the background. Offically hired. Assigned to a post 15 minutes away from home. Started working the next day. 1st time working security. Provided no training. Just sent me to a location to relieve someone.

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABM Industries (South Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Did additional application online upon arrival.Then waited to be interviewed,and got interviewed then was appointed to come back for oriention upon being hired for job.