ABN AMRO Interview Questions in Netherlands | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.2

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Rotterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

I had five interviews during four months (vacation period in between). First interview with Human Resource, a second one with the manager of de Department Manager, Two more interviews with 2 Supervisors and the last one with the Region´s director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

I have been directly invited to an interview about a month after my online application. Interviewed with two lead data scientists. One of them dominated the conversation and asked technical questions to me in a hostile way. I had the impression that he was trying to prove how smart and knowledgable he is. He interruped me many times while I was answering a question. He quickly drew conclusions about me and my capabilities. The other team leader was a more approachable person but he didn't have much influence during the interview. I definitely won't continue with this application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2016.

Interview

HR call, then a skype interview with the hiring manager, question were hard and technical, they invited me to an interview on Amsterdam, I took a flight but they never pay me back, I call and email contact many times to return my expenses but never pay me back. Stay way for this indecent company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABN AMRO.

Interview

two interviews. first with internship supervisor and staff member. Second interview, the supervisor, plus a staff member and an intern. Questions over academic and working experience and how they were relevant for the position.the supervisor was a little bit aggressive, and transformed all the question-answer into a discussion.

Debt Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

Three interviews with three different people. The first interviewer was a junior and asked somewhat technical and job related questions, the second interviewer was associate level and was more interested in the fit to the team and the company culture, the last interviewer was director level and did not ask any questions, but gave a nice introduction to his role.

Did not get to work with neither of the people who interviewed me, neither with their teams, which I find extremely strange.

Customer Service Execustive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was held over the telephone to check some of the technical knowledge. They ask you what are you expert at and then ask questions around it. they also give scenarios based on codes. the interviewer was very courteous and friendly. she also gave clues for the questions made. makes you comfortable.

Interview Questions

• The interview gave a scenario about coding and asked me how i could manage in a stipulated time?   Answer Question

Traineeship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABN AMRO.

Interview

The proces consists of 6 rounds. Very interesting people. Some of them are still the old style bankers ( they only talk about themselves during your interview ). HR still has very much to improve. HR makes promises they cannot keep. Very unprofessional department for such a big bank.

Due to HR's absolute incompetence I have refused the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, interview arranged by group leader, face to face interview with data scientists and group leader, pleasant conversation and lots of open questions, opportunities to also ask questions regarding the work

Stagiair Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABN AMRO.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks after got a call from the HR person asking me to attend the interview with the hiring manager. Interview lasted 45 min and was based on my background.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through an recruitment agency. The interviewer started enthusiastically talking about his job, however during the interview he gave me the impression that he wasn't that happy about his current position. The interviewer explained that his department was searching for ways to improve the decreasing number of clients and asked about my ideas. Technological innovations were described as 'too difficult'. This gave me the impression that they do not have a clear vision. Furthermore, the interviewer gave the impression that a lot of presenting, talking and convincing needs to be done to change the direction of ABN Amro. I understood from the feedback of the interview that my presentation and convincing skills were lacking, while my Data Analysis skills were more than up to par.

Interview Questions

• What are your ideas to increase the number of customers?
      Where do you see ABN Amro over 5 years?
      How would you present the results of your data analysis?   Answer Question