ACCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.7

Plumber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ACCO (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Goes through the hiring hall. Got a call for a job working at Google building in Sunnyvale, Ca. Ask if I would like to take it. I answer Sure I'll take it. Go down to the hall and pick up the dispatch and go to work the next day.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ACCO.

Interview

Interview process was a one day around 4 hour ordeal. Had a company tour for the first 40 minutes then went into the training facility and had three rounds of interviews back to back with different managers of different departments. Very tiring and no breaks but very friendly employees.

Interview Questions

• Asked mostly about experiences on resume   Answer Question
    • Also asked to explain a technical concept to them as if they had no idea what it was.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO (San Leandro, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy. They made you feel comfortable and really took the time to get to know you beforehand. The interview was with two other people initially and then we split up into separate rooms to do around 4 sets of 20 minute interviews with various people from the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate the load in this room.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ACCO in October 2016.

Interview

I arrived at 8am and met in a room with 4 other engineering professionals from recent graduates to others who have been working already. We all met in an large office and when over the breakdown of how the company is structured and works. Was interviewed by 5 different members from ACCO including engineers and project managers. Afterwards we all ate lunch after the individual interviews and tour was over.

Interview Questions

• What classes I have been taking at school that pertains to HVAC   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Relatively straightforward interview largely comprised of behavioral questions and speaking about resume and previous job experience. Would definitely recommend brushing up on behavioral interviewing skills beforehand. Interviewers I had were friendly yet formal with the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to gain if offered the opportunity to work with ACCO?   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO (San Leandro, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiters at my school's career fair. They said they would contact prospects within 2 weeks (I heard within two days to schedule an interview). The interview started with a group (2 other people) and we were given a tour of the facility and a presentation about the company and different jobs available. We were then split up and had individual interviews (~20 minutes each) with different employees within the company.

Interview Questions

• What type of information would you need from the architect or electrician for designing an HVAC system in a room?   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO (San Leandro, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited within a group to their office to first have a tour of the fabrication facility and office. Following the tour the group was split putting individual candidates into separate rooms to be interviewed by 5 ACCO employees from various backgrounds. Interviews typically ran around 20 minutes each and were back-to-back. Following the interviews a lunch was offered that allowed candidates to mingle with current employees.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ACCO (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was not an interview. It was a social hour and definitely more conversational. I felt as though I was the only one asking questions of any substance. The only feedback I received was that I was a good candidate and they liked me but wanted to see me be more assertive (as the position did have elements of sales). Given the tone of the entire interview, I thought that was somewhat ironic.

Interview Questions

• I see you played (insert sport) in college...tell us what about that???   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview, pretty easy. A few technical questions on things I've learned in school. Overall they were very nice, smooth process. Got back pretty quickly so I was happy about that.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ACCO.

Interview

I met with them at my college career fair. They invited me to dinner that night, but I was unable to attend. I spoke with them the next day at the HVAC specific fair the next day. At the career fair they asked about my previous work experiences and my relevant coursework.
    A couple weeks later I was invited to their office to participate in a second round of interviews. Myself along with 5 other potential interns were given a tour of the office and shop. We were then separated and there were five separate 25 minute long interviews with the different heads of each department in the building, along with one newly hired engineer. The interviews were all mostly behavioral and very informal.