ACL Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ACL Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.9

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACL Services (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Absolute waste of time!

I went through the HR screener, call with hiring manager and face to face with a couple of stake holders in the London office. All feedback was very positive and would come back to me within a few days.

A week and a half later, after I chased on multple occasions they finally come back to me saying that they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

ACL Services Response

Jul 13, 2017 – Employee Experience Manager

Hi there - I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience interviewing with us! The role was a competitive one and selecting a candidate was a difficult decision to make. We do... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ACL Services (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The worst process ever. I used to love this company and wanted to work for this company. Now, I have totally lost respect for the company and people here. This guy called me for a casual meeting and took an interview for more than an hour. The interview went pretty well and he said the HR will contact me. I waited for a week, didnt get any response and waited for two weeks, even then no response. So I decided to check with him, he never replied. I wrote another final email after a month but again he didnt reply. If you don't want to accept just say it guys. Not responding to emails is the least professional behavior you can expect. Now I don't want to work for this company.

Interview Questions

ACL Services Response

Nov 28, 2016 – VP, Talent

Hi! We are sorry that you did not have a great interview experience. It is always our goal to ensure that candidates have a thoughtful and enjoyable interview process, no matter the outcome. This... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ACL Services (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Very quick, was a couple of years ago. Applied online, first interview w/ HR, then Sales Manager, then Director of Sales. All within a couple of weeks. No real surprises or difficult questions.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACL Services.

Interview

1st level recruiter emails to schedule a 30 minute call to chat about your background. It's more like a full interview than a casual conversation. Then your application gets forwarded to the head recruiter and hopefully on to the hiring manager. Quite a process they have there. Application website is up to date with correspondence and interview outcome.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACL Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

HR was quick contacting me. The sales leadership was slow and it felt like HR and Sales were not on the same page in what they were looking for. It seemed like there was a lack of communication.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience, how would I go about achieving my goals. How could I develop in my role.   Answer Question

Their lack of communication with me and with each other.

Mar 16, 2016 – VP, Talent

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. We would love more feedback directly from you about this process. We do not have an office in Toronto , nor have we extended any offers in the... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ACL Services (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process went quickly and smoothly. I applied online. It took a few weeks before the recruiter contacted me. There was a brief phone screen followed by an online coding test on Codility - 3 questions, two hours allowed but I finished in under 15 minutes.

I originally went in for a different position - web operations. This was an hour long interview, where I spoke with two members of the team, a manager and a team member. We talked about my skills and experiences, the team's role at ACL, the technology stack, lightly sprinkled with a few technical questions throughout; the interview was organic and very comfortable. Afterwards I was given a tour of the office.

We ended up determining that I would be a better fit for a different role, and so we followed up the next week with another interview with some different teams. They came back with an offer very quickly - within the week. The offer was competitive - comparable to what most of the big companies offer in Vancouver, and the benefits were decent. Ultimately I decided to continue being a contractor and doing freelance work, as it better suited my lifestyle.

Everyone that I spoke with was positive and encouraging - they wanted me to succeed in the interviews and showed genuine interest in hearing about my experience.

The recruiter I spoke with throughout was extremely friendly and personable. He was very encouraging and it's clear that he wanted to find a position that was the most suitable for the right candidate, instead of just filling a position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ACL?   Answer Question
    • General technical questions, some coding ones. I won't share them because I'm sure they'll want to ask these questions to multiple candidates.   Answer Question

Jun 8, 2016 – HR Generalist

Thanks for sharing your experience interviewing with us! We always strive to make the recruitment experience a positive one for everyone we talk to and we're really happy that that was true for you... More

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACL Services.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted over a month later to set up a phone call. The call was a brief "get to know you" chat and I was invited to visit their office for an in-person interview with a couple management types (2 hours). After a week they inform me that they had forgotten to get back to me, but would like to invite me in again if I was still interested. This time I met with some developers (another 2 hours). Both interviews had a interrogation feel to them that I did not find appealing. I have not heard from them since, no follow up, no nothing. I assume they forgot again, what a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to traverse a binary tree in whatever programming language you're most comfortable with.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ACL Services (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

1). Initial brief phone screening with the HR rep
    2). Video chat with two of the management in the department
    3). On-site presentation of which the topic was given by those managers

Even though everyone (from the HR reps to the managers/other team members) was nice and pleasant to talk to during the interview process, I was quite disappointed on how they handled the last bits of the hiring process; after having me come in for the presentation for which I spent quite some time to all prepare (the whole presentation + Q&A took about 90min - definitely not a small one), the HR didn't contact me for any follow up or updates regarding the final decision.

This is disappointing especially coming from the company this big and with the established HR department. Even though I had good impression for the hiring managers and team members during the interviews, this one bit of the hiring process made me have decided that I would not recommend this company for anyone, as it is often true that how the they handle hiring, especially rejection of the candidates, mirrors the quality of the company itself.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the company?   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ACL Services (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Great contact with the management team, I felt a good connection and had the feeling I could have my place with ACL, but the technical interview was far too much focused on insignificant details that most engineer - or technician - with good skills and a positive attitude would be able to find out or learn whenever necessary. The purpose of an engineer is not to know about everything, but to be able to adjust to any environment and find the appropriate solution to each case, based on experience AND research. The system guy I'd work with seemed too much focused on his own knowledge and I felt I'd probably not enjoy much working with him, so I desisted after the second interview, even before they offer me anything - but I'm not sure they'd have anyway.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about network protocols and linux commands. Never been my plan to know that by heart.   3 Answers

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACL Services (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Saw the ad on their website and applied. Got a call a couple of days later from HR. Had a total of ~3 interveiws. Not all of my references were checked.

Interview Questions

• None. Nothing really surprised me during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Aim high for salary.