ACRT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ACRT Interview Questions

2.0

Utility Forester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ACRT (Stockton, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Three people interviewed me at ACRT's office in Stockton. They were very friendly, the office was nice, and the interview was straightforward. They called me a few days later to offer me the job but I did not accept it, mainly because I'm not willing to work for $13/hr with my college degree.

Interview Questions

• Name a few tree species that grow near streams. Name some that grow fast, and some that grow slow.   Answer Question

Seasonal Utility Forester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ACRT (Stockton, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a couple weeks later, short interview over the phone, experience dealing with angry customers? Any forestry exp?, I told them I had No forestry experience at all or schooling on the subject, I was told that that is not a problem at all, not required as they put you thorough training etc. inviting me to an interview in Stockton Ca.
      At Stockton I was interviewed by 2 friendly women that explained the position very well, interview was pretty easy. They ask a couple what if situation questions etc. then they ask some tree specific questions. Even if you have no exp with trees they say they ask to gauge where everyone's knowledge is so the instructor knows where to focus.
      The following are all the questions asked that I can remember.
    _____1. Tell me about a time you had a problem, what the problem was, how you dealt with it and what did you learn from the situation. (here they just want to see you demonstrate you have problem solving skills, they do not really care about the problem or situation).
    _____2. If you had to do a job that required you to go onto a customers private property and there were aggressive dogs on the property, what would you do? (I stated I would not go onto the property at that point, (Safety Issue) I would try to make contact with the resident / home owner to assist with the dogs if possible. (they seemed to like that answer, they also mentioned that we could stay in our truck for safety.
    _____3. How would you handle an angry customer.
    _____4. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer.
    (they mentioned that you often have to work in areas where people like their privacy and get really upset about utility people coming onto their property or telling them their trees need to be cut.
    _____5. Have you worked in the field before?
    (they mean working away from a main office or plant, delivering product, doing some kind of service calls, anything that would be interacting with the public or working alone)
    _____6. What do you look for in an employer?
    _____7. What do you expect from an employer?

Then they went onto the Tree Biology questions which you get some kind of score on, so ya, kind of a test. Now I knew there would be some of these questions so I studied the subject for a few days before the interview, trying to learn the trees in this part of California, which are fast, slow, riparian, deciduous , conifer etc.

_____1. Can you name 3 fast growing trees?
    _____2. Can you name 3 deciduous trees?
    _____3. Can you name some trees that would be good for planting under power lines?
    (they want trees that do not grow very tall at maturity, never get high enough to be a problem)
    _____4. I forget the term they used but they wanted me to name some trees where the branches on either side of the tree grow straight across from each other rather than staggered.
    _____5. Can I name some trees that have seeds that are like berries or grapes in a bunch.
    _____6. Can you name some trees that have compound leaves.
    _____7. How could you tell how much a tree has grown/ vertical growth in a year just by looking at it?
    (they do not mean tree rings, I did not have an answer but I am assuming it has something to do with the length of the top most/youngest branches.)

I thought my background was great for the position, I had no forestry but studied so did answer some of the questions well. Thought the interview went great. Then a day later got an email saying thanks but we are going with other candidates.

The overall experience was great, thought for sure I was going to get an Invite to start the training process. Then got the rejection letter. Maybe they just want really young college kids, or just more women, the HR and both Interviewers were all women. So if you are female maybe you will have a much better chance.

Interview Questions

• Can you name some trees that have compound leaves. (see more questions in above description)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ACRT (Stockton, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy, laid back interview process, Jeans and a button up collared shirt is all that is needed, even though i came in a suit and tie. I was accepted for the position. I called HR to confirm my acceptance and they said yes. I was still working for my previous employer full time with benefits, was trying to make a career change, so i accepted the position and quit my other job. Two days before i started they retracted there offer and I was without a job with ACRT and had already put in my two weeks and was without my other job also, with a baby on the way. Terrible Company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ACRT?

Know your types of trees.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ACRT (Stockton, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The first interview was conducted over the phone. The second interview was in front of a three-person panel at the California HQ in Stockton, Ca. The interviewing panel was friendly. The interview process took less than an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked various questions about trees. Most of the questions tested my knowledge of species identification, growth patterns, etc. Very few questions had to do with my previous work experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACRT in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty streamlined and informal. They first asked me a few straight forward interview questions such as "how do you deal with stress?" and "do you have any customer service experience?" and then a few questions about tree species. The tree species questions turned out to have almost nothing to do with my immediate position. I found out a week later that I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ACRT (Stockton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Two people asked questions off a questionnaire, not much interaction as fm far as personality and abilitys, both seemed to want to get it over with.
    Not much description of the job.

Cuf Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ACRT (Akron, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Brief and was a phone interview with a guy over in headquarters. Don't really remember much other than stating I was more than qualified with a Bachelors degree. I didn't have really any experience with Forestry, only wildlife. But my education put me in, Im guessing.

Interview Questions

• Very brief, not really personal. Asked very few questions pertaining to my resume. Also they seemed desperate for workers due to the amount of projects being opened up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ACRT (Stockton, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. it consists of a short phone interview with basic questions about experience and goals. After the phone interview there is an in-person interview for them to establish your knowledge of arboriculture which lasted maybe 15 minutes for me. The most time consuming portion of the hiring process was the urine test.

Interview Questions

• What education and experience do you have that would contribute to the company and your ability to perform the required tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ACRT (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Panel interview. Basic interview questions. Some specifics about Tree ID and Growth Rates. Ask about what kind of background you have in the "green industry". Lots of Tree/Vegitation questions that if your not knowledgeable in the area it would be hard to wander correctly

Interview Questions

• Name 3 Fast growing species of trees in this area? How would you deal with a customer who was very threatening and aggressive about their trees being trimmed.   1 Answer

Contract Utility Arborist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACRT (Merritt Island, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted by the Contract Manager for a phone screen. He then set up a face-to-face interview with the client Utility. I originally had been brought in to interview for a GIS position, since that is what my background is in, but ended up getting offered to work in the field as a CUA.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was familiar with circuit maps, since I came from a mapping background.   Answer Question