ACT-1 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACT-1 (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Once you arrive at the office, they make you watch a little orientation video, and then they make you take a quiz on that video. Afterwards there is a short interview where they learn more about your resume/past work experiences, and they ask you what your career goals are

Billing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACT-1 (Torrance, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First, I was interviewed by the employer's recruiter. Second, I completed a questionnaire. Third, I had an interview with the hiring manager. I believe the company's interview process is amazing.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that I was asked in the interview was whether I can explain my ability to do the day-to-day activities, which is a large part of the analyst's main responsibilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACT-1 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First you have to sign up online in a lengthy process, and fill out a lot of paperwork, before you arrive at your interview, to be considered for placement. When I got to the interview, there was more paperwork to fill out and then two tests on a computer. One of them required to watch a 20 minute safety video. I watched this video before I even talked with the agent. Then I was asked to talk with the recruiter who was very nice and helpful, but it turned out that their office was not right for me in terms of the job I was after. She gave me the contact to their other office, and we talked about my experience and expectations. Then I went to take the test and left. I felt this whole process was a bit backward, like the brief interview would have been enough to determine I am probably not the right fit for this company. Anyway. They were nice so overall it was a nice experience.

Client Service Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ACT-1 (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a great telephone interview over the phone, I talk to a total of 3 people through emails and multiple of phone calls was set in place to arrange the contract to go forward and to be place for the hiring process

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a great candidate for this job.   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ACT-1 (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard, yet surprisingly laid back. Having just moved to LA, I had no printer with which to print copies of my resume and my attire could have used a quick ironing...so I was slightly unprepared. But the atmosphere of the office (in Universal City) was welcoming and helped calm my nerves. The staff were pleasant and helpful. I interviewed with a Hiring Advisor and the Branch Manager. It was definitely a formal interview, but it was also very conversational - not exactly what I was expecting. They genuinely wanted to know my interests and plans for the future to gauge where I should begin in developing my career and which position I would be best suited for. They also offered tips on finding employment, even if it wasn't through their service. At times I felt as though I was sitting in a coffee shop listening to advice from two very experienced individuals in the industry. Overall a good experience. Although I was seriously looking to be hired, I also treated this as an opportunity to practice my interviewing skills for the future, and the service provided a comfortable environment to do so.

Interview Questions

• For the most part, we went step by step through my resume in detail, allowing me the chance to elaborate on my experience and skills in order to find suitable placement.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ACT-1.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple, although I heard of some pretty negative experiences from others. I was offered an interview by referring a friend of mine to Act-1. The recruiter asked me various questions about her work ethic and at the end of the call, he asked if I was interested in new opportunities. I already began the process by creating a profile on their site, even before he had called me. We set up a time and date to meet up for an "assessment" that actually ended up being an interview -- he was kind enough to advise me to "dress to impress" and provided me a list of things to prepare for this upcoming meeting.
    Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the the interview since I needed my social security card; however, Act-1 was extremely flexible and understood my situation, so we rescheduled without a problem. The front receptionists were very friendly once I arrived all the way until I said good bye. The interview was a lot different than previous ones I've had, mainly because he was already implying my employment with them: "If I find you a job 30 miles away rather than 20, that pays a little more than what you asked., would you consider it?" "Sometimes we get temp-to-hire positions -- if we offer you a position that pays a little bit less than you want, but will get you hired onto that company in 6 months, which will increase your pay and benefits, would you consider it?" At one point, he was already considering himself as my very own representative. After the interview, I signed paperwork stating my employment with Act-1,which meant that I was technically an employee ready for work. Finally, I had to answer some common sense questions, watch a safety video that concluded with a short quiz. A couple months later I was offered a technical position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses? What can you improve on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Each position is different. I wanted at least 14/hr and was offered 15/hr immediately. I believe it was a fair pay rate for the job I was offered.

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ACT-1 (Raleigh, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

phone screen/face to face. Offer. Had to call Regional Manager several times to get info on my candidacy. I relocated for the role so they waited a few weeks for my arrival.

Interview Questions

• Easy, non-challenging questions.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ACT-1.

Interview

Great company to interview with! VERY straight forward with information about base salary, commission plans, and day to day job details so you know exactly what to expect. Looks like a great place to work! I declined the opportunity, but I think there is a lot of growth potential with this company.

Interview Questions

• Come prepared with questions for them about their experiences to better understand what your position will entail   Answer Question

Base salary was below my current income

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ACT-1 (Portland, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Met with ACT-1 recruiter. Received referral to the employer and participated in an interview process. Then was subject to a lengthy very detailed FBI background check after job offer was made. ACT-1 had very little involvement in the actual hiring process once i was referred to the employer. The ACT-1 interviewer was an outstanding candidate advocate who actually got me a higher rate. Unfortunately she left to work at a competitor.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do you prefer   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACT-1 in July 2010.

Interview

On-line application, phone interview, face to face interview, Regional Manager Interview, offer, background check...start training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would evaluate the stress level and how much of it you are willing to tolerate and still have a home life.