ADP ADP Totalsource District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP ADP Totalsource District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.6

ADP Totalsource District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP in January 2016.

Interview

This is second time I interview for a role with Totalsource. The interview process is so intense I mean these folks have a "blank" up their tear ends. Nothing casual about it straight I can sell ice to an Eskimo but they prefer the rejects from pharma. You know the big nice tops and rear end. They used to lose employees left and right to pharma but now the tables have turned. Going back to my point first time I interviewed the a hole manager passed on me. Now I interviewed with 3 people in the room. One guy was taking notes while the other two asked behavioral questions about my last job. At this point I have to wait and see.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Hartford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

The recruiter set up the interview with the hiring manager, then met with the VP, met with people from the team, and lastly had a call with the divisional VP. The background portion went on for way too long which takes away from the excitement of the new position.

ADP Totalsource District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in April 2015.

Interview

They give you a pseudo-client and you have to propose the product in person. Do not use cards, you should know it cold. They will not challenge you, but want to see that you are comfortable in front of a room. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

* Phone call with a recruiter to review resume
    * In person meeting with the VP and 2 Sales managers at the same time
    * Role play the sale with a sales manager while the VP and 2 other managers listened in
    * Present "Why ADP is a good fit for you and why you are a good fit for ADP."
    * Very in depth background check (takes approx 2 weeks)

Interview Questions

• The difficult questions really came in the role play. In the interview process they just dug into my experience... tell me about this role, how did you drive business etc etc?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Maitland, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

7 steps. Took over 2 months and was way too long. You'll do an initial phone screen with a recruiter, a face to face with manager, an hour phone interview with a manager from a different region, another in person interview with manager, a role play in front of your entire sales team where you have to present TotalSource and handle objections, a ride along (workday), and then an interview with your divisional vice president. After you accept an offer they put you through a rigorous verification of your background and current income so make sure you're accurate in what you tell them.

Interview Questions

• What are the 2 biggest expenses a business has?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

The whole process was very quick. It took less than two weeks from applying to job offer. The recruiter was very professional and made the process very easy.1. phone interview 2. in person interview 3. Field Ride 4. Role Play 5. Offer. They concentrate mainly on if you are comfortable presenting and prospecting

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 1, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and welcome to the ADP team.

ADP Totalsource District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in June 2011.

Interview

A phone interview with a ADP recruiter then a phone interview with management team. This whole process took about 2 weeks after that I was invited to come and do a ride along with a DM for the day and was given a sales scenario that I was to role play and close the DM on..

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions.. The Sales Scenario is some what detailed in what they are looking for.. It does pay to practice ahead of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They really do not negotiate. The on board process takes some time.. If you have the smallest thing like a speeding ticket from a year ago they will want explanation and proof that this has been cleared..

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

First I completed a 20-30 minute phone interview with HR; standard questions. I had two separate 1:1 interviews where the key to impressing them was to be very bold and aggressive and close to the next step. It is important during the presentation/mock appointment to get to 2nd and 3rd level questions, the more you press, the better. Simply asking "Can you be more specific?" is something they like.

As long as you tie the "business goals" you uncover during the appointment to the PEO service, you will get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you need to find out during an initial appointment with a prospect?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took bold action.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary or ramp as they seemed fair, but if you are currently employed and they had positive feedback during the presentation, you could probably get another couple grand at most.

One thing that was strange is that my ramp went from a 12 month ramp to an 18 month ramp almost immediately after hiring and the monthly payments were decreased but the term and overall value did increase.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Waltham, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

A bit lengthy, but I would consider it pretty normal. Treat it like a sales call and always close for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some ways that you would go about gaining new business.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

ADP Totalsource District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP in December 2010.

Interview

The first phone interview was pretty typical. Strengths, weakness, why should we hire you etc. The recruiter did get me excited about the company though. They have contests and winners get to fly to locations all over the world.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the other candidates?   1 Answer