ADP Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Simple interview that mainly asked behavioral questions and questions regarding past work experience. They are mainly looking for sales and customer service experience being that the job entails those qualities. Ended up declining to move forward to the next step because it was something I was not interested in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First you get a phone screen, pretty straightforward. If you pass that, you'll get an in person interview with the VP of sales. That interview is pretty straightforward as well. Normal interview questions, not too difficult. Then the call back interview was kind of intense. You meet with a group of hiring managers and they ask you more difficult questions. If that one goes well, you are moved on to the ride along then a role play at the end.

Interview Questions

• We hear what you've said from people all the time. What is one thing that separates you from everyone else we have interviewed?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Essentially what they do is they call you from VA. This one recruiter apparently is in charge of the entire nation. I found it odd that they didn't have more reasonably located recruiters. The interview process was on the phone and you schedule with them via e-mail. She asked me what my strengths were. She asked me to tell her about myself. Pretty straightforward but when she started explaining the business and my role, it seemed sketchy. Overall, I didn't do a great job in the interview.

Interview Questions

• She asked me why I wanted to do sales. She asked my why ADP. She asked me for skills that would help contribute success to sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

process took about a week. They are are looking for a sales personality, high energy, etc. Aftee the interview we talked and he did not think that I was the right fit for his team, and recommended me to another department that he thought I would fit well in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Not enough questions were asked during the phone interview. The face to face interview was horrible. Made the job sound absolutely terrible. No positive words were said about the company at all. Recruiter did not get back to me about an offer for about 3 weeks. Dissappointing for such a large, well known company.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 7, 2016 – Project Specialist

Good feedback. Thank you for this information. We are always looking to improve the process and appreciate this input. Thank you!

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on a Tuesday saying she wanted to set me up for an interview. She sent a link for me to select my availability. I selected a time on that Thursday (a mere 2 days later). The recruiter emailed back and asked if I could interview any sooner than that because they were trying to fill the job immediately. When I told her Thursday was the first availability I had, I never heard from her again. I even followed up on that Thursday asking if the job had been filled or if I should expect a call at our originally scheduled time. I never heard back from her

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked a lot about myself and past experiences as well as why I would be a good fit for this role. She then went on to explain exactly what they are looking for and how a day in the life of an ADP employee would go.

Interview Questions

• Why do you enjoy working in sales?   1 Answer

ADP Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

Appreciate the insights.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiter than a sales manager. The recruiter screens you and the sales manager asked more concert questions. They are most interested in how you achieved your goals.

Interview Questions

There is a lot of turnover.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

The initial interview started out over the phone. They ask basic questions about your resume and why you would want to begin a career in ADP. Then, I went in for a face-to-face with the sales manager and he wasn't the nicest person to say the least. It honestly seemed like he didn't want to be in the room with me from the moment I walked in the door. He didn't seem interested in anything I had to say. I didn't hear back about the interview until 4 days later instead of the next business day like he said. And event then, it was a generated response.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      Tell me about a time you've overcome adversity
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Windsor, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

I felt like the person interviewing me was rude. When I answered his/her questions it didn't seem like he/she cared about what I said. Also, when he/she talked it seemed like he/she was just explaining why I wasn't getting the job. Overall, I gained a bad impression of ADP and wasted my time.