ADP Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

3.1

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Phone screen followed by one on one interview followed by ride along followed by role playing followed by an interview with divisional Vice President. They kept in touch with me throughout the process but I felt the process was a little excessive for what really is an entry-level position.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Received an initial 30 minute phone screening, followed by a in-person interview. Managers were laid back and nice. Majority of the questions were behavioral questions. After the interview, I received a call saying they would like to move forward to the next round of interviews. This included a ride along, presentation, and role play. I prepared for the presentation and role play for a week. I then received a call from a different recruiter saying they decided to move forward with other candidates. Therefore, I wasted a week preparing for my role play and presentation. Unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced rejection and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Aug 21, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP (Natick, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with two different people. They asked me basic questions, it was not difficult if you prepare for it. I am waiting to hear back to see if I advanced to the next stage which would include a day of driving aroun with someone who is currently working the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 31, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your ADP interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview itself wasn't difficult as no challenging questions were poised. It was the overall environment that was uncomfortable and the fact that there was no follow up which left a a negative impression. I'm glad I at least considered that as a possibility after reading all the other cases of this happening on Glassdoor, I just didn't anticipate I would ever be one of those people as well.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was an absolute joke. Phone screen and final were 3 days apart. No one ever got back to me even after I followed up as instructed. Most unprofessional group and company I have ever encountered in my 30+ plus career history. Based on my experience with them I can completely understand why so many of their clients are unhappy with their products and services. They are cultivating a culture of no accountability and poor customer service.

Interview Questions

• I was never actually asked a real question. There was no thought or organization to the process.   Answer Question

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review. We take these types of missteps in the interview process very seriously and if you wish to provide more information, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Maitland, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, first interview with sales VP, ride along with an account executive. The most frustrating thing about this process was getting ghosted after the ride along. When you've done 3 interviews, one of which involved taking an entire day off work to ride with an AE, a call letting you know whether you got the job isn't just a courtesy, it's a requirement of doing business. Follow up emails ignored. The recruiter even hit the F-U button on her phone to send me straight to VM. This happened in the Maitland, FL location.

Seemed like a great opportunity but if the leaders can't bother to take 5 minutes to follow up when you dropped 10-12 hours of your time, it really speaks to what type of leader you are.

May 31, 2017 – Project Specialist

This is discoursing and we would love to have more information. If you can follow-up with adp_talent_community@adp.com to provide more details it would be appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Burlington, VT) in January 2017.

Interview

I was never given a fair chance to receive a face to face interview.I know I would have done great here. They should figure out a system that gives everyone a fair chance rather than just seeking resumes online.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your review and transparency into the apply process. We hope you still want to be a part of the ADP family and continue to look for open opportunities in or near Burlington, VT.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Simple interview that mainly asked behavioral questions and questions regarding past work experience. They are mainly looking for sales and customer service experience being that the job entails those qualities. Ended up declining to move forward to the next step because it was something I was not interested in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First you get a phone screen, pretty straightforward. If you pass that, you'll get an in person interview with the VP of sales. That interview is pretty straightforward as well. Normal interview questions, not too difficult. Then the call back interview was kind of intense. You meet with a group of hiring managers and they ask you more difficult questions. If that one goes well, you are moved on to the ride along then a role play at the end.

Interview Questions

• We hear what you've said from people all the time. What is one thing that separates you from everyone else we have interviewed?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Essentially what they do is they call you from VA. This one recruiter apparently is in charge of the entire nation. I found it odd that they didn't have more reasonably located recruiters. The interview process was on the phone and you schedule with them via e-mail. She asked me what my strengths were. She asked me to tell her about myself. Pretty straightforward but when she started explaining the business and my role, it seemed sketchy. Overall, I didn't do a great job in the interview.

Interview Questions

• She asked me why I wanted to do sales. She asked my why ADP. She asked me for skills that would help contribute success to sales.   Answer Question