ADP Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Oakland, NJ) in June 2018.

Interview

I interviewed in June for ADP and the entire experience was not only long but also extremely ridiculous for an entry level sales job. The entire process took 5 weeks and after tons of time wasted, they didn’t even bother to call me or let me know via email that I would not be getting an offer. It is the duty of the recruiter at the very least to send a quick email out of respect for the candidate who spent SO much time interviewing (they expect you to sit through a shadow day that is from 8-5) to reach out with the news of no offer. I called and emailed to get feedback to no prevail. HOW UNPROFESSIONAL CAN YOU BE? To expect a candidate to take time off from work to shadow, let alone expect them to go through 5 rounds of interviews for an entry level position is so ridiculous and not necessary. The culture over all at the location I interviewed at (Princeton) was like an adult frat. The questions they ask during the interview process are outdated and you can tell the interviewers are right out of college and very unprofessional.
Overall a complete waste of time and luckily I accepted a wonderful offer with a much better company with a seamless interview process and great resources for the employees. ADP needs to get with the times and be more considerate. You’re not curing cancer... you don’t need 5 round of interviews. Reach out to candidates who spent so much time interviewing. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Sell me this pen
    Why do you think I should hire you   Answer Question

Jan 28, 2019

Thank you for sharing your insights into the interview experience and we apologize that your experience was negative. We aim for a professional experience in every interview session. If you have... More

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Louisville, KY) in January 2018.

Interview

After a phone interview with the recruiter and a FaceTime interview with the vice president, I was asked to spend a full day in the field. I emailed the vice president and recruiter three different times over the course of a month to set it up, and I received no reply (not even a rejection notice). More than a month later, the vice president emailed me, stating that the timing didn't work out then, but she'd "quickly" like to move forward now. I took an entire day off my current job to spend a day in the field, and then I was asked to come in for a final interview with less than 24 hours notice. This was a Friday, and I was promised a phone call by Monday. After receiving no phone call, I emailed them on Wednesday morning and received a generic rejection letter that evening. I politely emailed the vice president my concerns with the hiring process (outlining everything I stated here) and how I felt ADP was very disrespectful of my time and I . She replied, "Thanks for the feedback." Had I been extended an offer, I would have declined, based solely on the lack of professional courtesy I was given during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What two words would your best friends use to describe you?   Answer Question

Feb 5, 2018 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are escalating this review to our Talent Acquisition teams for further review. If you have any additional insights you wish to share, please contact... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and overall a positive experience. I first spoke with their recruiting team, who asked me questions about my sales background, motivations and interests in the position. I then interviewed with the office manager, who asked me about relocation and experience [Still in interview process]

Interview Questions

• What do you think this position entails? Describe in your own words.   Answer Question

Jan 22, 2018 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your insights.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Phone interview. The lady called 15 mins late. Then asked questions to which I answered, and then she responds with, "but why," to everything. It was the most ridiculous phone interview

May 21, 2018 – Manager

Thanks for the insights.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Windsor, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

I felt like the person interviewing me was rude. When I answered his/her questions it didn't seem like he/she cared about what I said. Also, when he/she talked it seemed like he/she was just explaining why I wasn't getting the job. Overall, I gained a bad impression of ADP and wasted my time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked a lot about myself and past experiences as well as why I would be a good fit for this role. She then went on to explain exactly what they are looking for and how a day in the life of an ADP employee would go.

Interview Questions

• Why do you enjoy working in sales?   1 Answer

Feb 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

Appreciate the insights.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Simple interview that mainly asked behavioral questions and questions regarding past work experience. They are mainly looking for sales and customer service experience being that the job entails those qualities. Ended up declining to move forward to the next step because it was something I was not interested in.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in February 2016.

Interview

First I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. We talked a bit through LinkedIn messaging and soon after she emailed me an application to fill out online and a link to sign up for a phone interview time. I filled out the short application which really only contained questions about personal information but nothing pertaining to the position itself, and signed up for a call. During the phone interview, I spoke to the same recruiter who had reached out to me on LinkedIn. She asked me about my personality and experiences and essentially most of the questions related back to the position I had applied for. The interview went well and I sent a follow up emailing thanking the recruiter, who then emailed me back saying the particular office I would be working for wanted to have a face-to-face interview. This is the point where things started going awry. I emailed back explaining that I go to school in a different state than the position, and asked if transportation costs would be something that were covered by the company. It was not a ridiculous question, and warranted an answer even if it was no. The recruiter never emailed me back, even after I followed up after the initial response email. Weeks later I had heard nothing and got a generic email from a do not reply email saying that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• What is your personality like?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself and the way you view competition?   Answer Question
    • Could you tell me a little bit about your experiences and how they might help you in this position?   Answer Question

Mar 27, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your negative experience and lack of feedback. If you wish to provide more information please contact us at adp_talent_community @ adp.com and we will discuss with our recruitment team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Burlington, VT) in January 2017.

Interview

I was never given a fair chance to receive a face to face interview.I know I would have done great here. They should figure out a system that gives everyone a fair chance rather than just seeking resumes online.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your review and transparency into the apply process. We hope you still want to be a part of the ADP family and continue to look for open opportunities in or near Burlington, VT.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First you get a phone screen, pretty straightforward. If you pass that, you'll get an in person interview with the VP of sales. That interview is pretty straightforward as well. Normal interview questions, not too difficult. Then the call back interview was kind of intense. You meet with a group of hiring managers and they ask you more difficult questions. If that one goes well, you are moved on to the ride along then a role play at the end.

Interview Questions

• We hear what you've said from people all the time. What is one thing that separates you from everyone else we have interviewed?   Answer Question