ADP Interview Questions in Alpharetta, GA | Glassdoor

2.8

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was easy and pleasant. To get the phone interview it took 2 Months, I applied in May got the phone interview in July. I am a veteran who is seeking an opportunity to bring the experience and the skills that I have learned to the table and continue making a difference in the human resource and business arena. As a veteran I have been following APD and would love the opportunity to showcase the skills and diversity that I have learned for the over 20 yrs I have been in the military. Optimistically awaiting an offer.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you believe are your most strongest in order to be considered for this position?   Answer Question

Jul 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for providing this review and we hope that you will come back and update this review with your status.

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, on-site panel interview to include hiring manager, client services manager and another hiring manager. Typical customer service questions. Client Success Manager didn't really contribute much to the interview. Perhaps included more to listen to how specific situations would be handled.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us.

Human Capital Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

phone interview by HR, then a 2nd interview at location by hiring manager & team lead. Unfortunately the entire process is very slow, takes a month or more to go from one stage to next, the process seems backdated and not very professional, disappointed as the hiring manager verbally told at the in-person interview the starting date, then the on-boarding process and training, then introduced to all the team members and even had a senior team member show around the work he was doing for 30 mins. I was told that just background check etc will take 3 weeks. So I was expecting formal offer in 3 to 4 weeks, instead after 4 weeks received an email with no job offer! not sure what happened! totally surprised.

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving your current job?
      Have you ever had a supervisor or coworker who was competing with you or difficult to deal with? If yes, then how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Jun 12, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry to hear about the follow up but please keep ADP in mind for future opportunities on your career path.

Principal Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was comprised of a phone screening followed by a 2 hour in-person interview with the team I would be working with. I was a little shocked when the phone screening with the hiring manager was essentially finished in about 10 minutes without us really getting into anything of significance, but no big deal. A few days later I came in to the Alpharetta, Georgia office for the in-person interview which for the most part went OK. Some of the questions were a little clunky, but nothing that isn't inside the normal bounds of what you would normally see in a panel interview with a bunch of technical people. I felt like the questions were fair and allowed them to achieve their goal of determining if I had the technical knowledge required for the role I was interviewing for.

My negative review isn't in relation to the screening or the interview itself, but what is either an extremely slow hiring process by the company itself or the internal recruiter that I was working with who was impossible to connect with and was extremely undependable in responding, including promising to connect on several specific dates and times only to not respond to calls or emails at those promised times. I'm fairly certain the only reason I was able to get connected with this person at all is because my acquaintance who works there who was referring me had to reach out to them directly.

The team was interested in hiring me, but unfortunately they could not make a competitive offer to me inside the range that I had discussed with the internal recruiter, which is no big deal. The internal recruiter offered to help me in applying for other roles at the company since I had a positive interview and seemed like a good fit for the company, which just never got going. I applied for a couple of different positions online that I was interested in, but there was no activity on my applications and the internal recruiter became impossible to connect with. At one point I figured this person was no longer with the company, only to get a message from them that they would connect with me soon only to not hear from them for over a week.

After over 2 months of this frustrating process, unfortunately I have had to give up on working at ADP, which is too bad because I've heard nothing but good things about what it is like to work there. It just isn't realistic to think that you can hire anyone of quality if you take so long to correspond with them . . . they will be hired by someone else.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your negative experience. We will escalate this review to our internal teams within ADP HR Alpharetta.

Cloud Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

A long phone interview with several technical questions followed by an in person interview. Though I can't complain about the process overall, since ADP is new to the cloud, their questions weren't always relevant. They said the job was for SME on cloud security, but their questions were unrelated to cloud security. Honestly I don't think they knew enough about the subject to have meaningful questions

Interview Questions

• How would you use knowledge of the key used to encrypt one column in a database to decrypt the other column.   1 Answer

Jul 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback. We will share with our IT recruitment teams.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I networked my way into the company. It began with a quick phone screen by recruiter followed by in person interview with hiring manager. Then I was brought into the company for a panel interview with hiring manager and three other executives. I received a low ball offer but I declined. I heard that ADP does not pay their employees well and competitors come to steal their best talent. My experience supports this rumor. I received an offer from one of their competitors with a base salary that is $20K higher than what was offered by ADP. My lesson to you - don't settle. Find a company that appreciates your talents and is willing to pay for your services. You deserve it!

Interview Questions

• If you are so successful at your company, why do you want to leave and come to ADP?   1 Answer

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and best luck in your future endeavors.

Global Product and Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had only one interview and it was an on-site interview. I talked to a campus recruiter at my school's career fair and gave her my resume. I then got an email a few weeks later asking me what times I can come in for an interview. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. I was in a room with two employees and they just asked me about stuff on my resume (which language I felt the most comfortable with, my projects, etc) The behavioral questions were based on my projects so it wasn't that bad. The technical questions were pretty basic also.

Interview Questions

• What is inheritance (programming concept in Java)?   1 Answer
    • How would you hide variables or methods in the parent class from child classes?   1 Answer

Mar 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the feedback on your interview experience and welcome to the ADP team.

Associate Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Bait and switch. They were recruiting for a 1-2 year level developer but were interviewing for a 6+ year person instead. It seems they just wanted someone with senior experience who was willing to work for junior pay. It was a two stage process: phone screen and in person panel.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement a multi-threaded application in Java?   Answer Question

Feb 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for this negative experience. We have escalated this review to our Alpharetta HR team.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Phone screen is to ensure you are fit for the position. If you qualify, you will receive an email from a recruiter requesting an onsite or phone interview. Prior to the onsite interview, you must take an assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a difficult situation with a customer and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two interviewers and the questions were all behavioral. They pretty much just asked me about projects, how I would behave in certain situations, and how I maintained my GPA. The interviewers were very nice and I felt that I did well until I got the rejection e-mail a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your teammates wasn't doing their share of work.   Answer Question