ADP Associate Client Support Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Associate Client Support Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Elk Grove, IL) in September 2019.

Interview

It was a long process before an in person interview. I was selected for a phone screen and then moving on, I had to take two assessments. Following the assessments, I was then reached out for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a client or customer   Answer Question

Sep 23, 2019

Thank you for the review and rating of your interview experience. We appreciate your insights and analysis.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview within a week. The recruiter was really nice. At the end of the phone screen, he informed me that he wanted to move forward and sent me an assessment to complete the next day. The first assessment was very simple and only took me about 15 to 20 mins to complete. It was basic grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Once I passed that one, I was sent another one with simulations and personality assessments, That one took about an hr but it still wasn't something that I hadn't seen before. 2 days later I received an email with 3 dates to choose from for an on site face to face interview. I interviewed with a total of 6 people. First was a set of 2 client service managers, 2nd was a set of small business dept managers, 3rd was a tech person I believe to listen to a phone call and assess it, and last was a director, Overall everyone was extremely friendly and I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jan 7, 2019

Thank you for your review and for sharing your insights with us on Glassdoor. Welcome to the ADP team. #workhappy

Anonymous Employee in La Palma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (La Palma, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. I applied online and within the same day I received a notification to schedule a phone screen.

I found the phone screen rather unpleasant. The interviewer conducting the call was robotic and totally impersonal. The call seemed to be more about simply verifying the information on my resume rather than to assess any professional strengths/weaknessess or experience. The interviewer also asked for salary history, which is illegal to do in California (where I interviewed). It felt crude and rather unprofessional considering that the law making such a line of inquiry illegal has been passed since the beginning of the year. Hopefully this isn't standard practice and it's just a case of one rep not being up to date.

A couple of days after the phone screen I got sent a standard personality test and a role play assignment simulating a call center environment. It was a little long but nothing too over the top. The experience there was straightforward and relatively painless, even if it was a bit tedious.

After the assessment I got an e-mail to setup an in-person interview with two of the managers. I really liked how they sent documents with some interview prep suggestions and company information! The interview itself wasmostly STAR format, with them thoroughly parsing apart my professional background and trying to understand my motivations for applying to this position, the company, etc. There was a role play assignment similar to the one they had me do before the on-site interview too, and they asked me to explain my understanding of what was going on in the situation, my opinion on how the call went, what was wrong, etc. The interview was supposed to be an hour long, but just before the hour was up a third interviewer showed up, and I got the impression they were doing a two-in one deal to just finish the entire interview process. She asked me some questions similar to what the other two interviewers asked to probe me a little more, and after about another 25 minutes the interview was over. They walked me out and I got a call the next day from a person in their talent acquisition team (her name is Hayley, she's very sweet) and she told me they were extending me an offer.

Overall the experience had a few ups and downs (I didn't like the phone screen, but I think that was more due to the interviewer), but it was relatively straightforward, and fast. It was just over 2 and a half weeks from the day I applied to the day I got the offer for the position.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 15, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor. Welcome to ADP and we hope you continue to bring the thoroughness to your career that you brought to this review.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (El Paso, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

First you would have a phone interview which would determine if you would get an in person interview. Phone interview consisted of just going over resume submitted as well as some situational questions. If selected to continue they call and schedule an in person interview. Then generally 2 additional in person interviews each with a gradually higher executive. In-person interview were mostly situational questions which I answered by stating a situation, action, and result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer.   1 Answer

Jul 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback on your ADP interview in El Paso.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a series of four interviews...1 being a phone interview 2. In person interview 3. Phone interview with a manager 4. Then I had to talk to a area manager. The process was very easy and I love the way the interviewers interact with you and are very nice this is a great company to work for

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Aug 29, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for providing feedback on your interview experience and welcome to the ADP team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied and the next day I received an email to set up a phone interview. The interview told me depending on my answers she would recommend me and I would get an email assessment. I got the assessment 30 minutes after phone interview, which was fast. Then after that things have been starting to slow down. I haven't heard from anyone for a week and a half. I saw the job is expired now but my application status jut says that they have all the information that's needed that I will be contacted. So it leaves me confuse as in if the job is exactly expired or not. Lack of communication completely. You don't know who to contact. You're clueless

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Tell me the time you felt stressed work and what did you do   Answer Question

May 22, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your negative experience. Please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com we will strive to remedy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in January and with in a few day I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went smoothly and within days was asked to come on site for an in-person interview. Again that interview wen well and and I felt will good about it. Fast forward a to mid March and yet to hear anything from ADP, even my status on the web site kept saying that "Interview was schedule and results are still pending." I even tried to reach out by email to my recruiter and the ladies that interview me and on the recruiter who I had the initial interview was that only person who responded back to me and he stated that he haven't heard back for them either and that he would email them on my behaved. Fast forward again to April, I check my status and it say that " The position is no longer available. We wish you the best in your career search." What really hurt is that no-one at ADP thought enough to inform me of this..... I hope that recruiting and application process get much better at ADP for Norfolk, VA because at is point it'd just unprofessional with no regards for applicant.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry to hear about our negative experience interviewing and the feedback loop that somehow was mismanaged. Thank you for your review and wanting to be a part of ADP. We hope this will not discourage you from applying in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was very quick, I was reached out to by a recruiter to set up a phone interview, then completed an assessment, an in-person interview with the team leads and manager and finally an interview with the VP of the team I would be working with. Everyone was very nice and laid-back but asked thorough questions. In one part of the interview I had to listen to a mock call, tell the interviewer what I would have done differently and write a follow up email to the customer. Whole process took about two weeks. The hardest part was being asked to come for an interview with less than 24 hrs notice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. Was asked about past job experiences and duties and was asked to describe certain work experiences. They also asked about past salaries, the reason behind leaving job, where do I see myself in 5 years and why I thought I was a great candidate.

I feel like its a great company however, I am disappointed by the follow up. She said they would let me know something within a week and I still haven't heard back. Even if I didn't get the job, I would at least like to know instead of having my application just sit there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went over and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Augusta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process begins with an on-line application during which you upload your resume and answer a few questions about your experience and background as it relates to the position you are applying for.

After that someone from a call center contacts you and does a phone screen. This is about 20
    minutes. Questions were asked about accomplishments in past jobs and a few situational questions to see how you think in the moment. For me it was very robotic and the person on the other end was more interested in typing in my responses then in what I was actually saying. The screener was having computer problems and had to hang up and call me back to finish.

The next step was a skills test and personality assessment. The skills test was great and very realistic. It was a web based, call center simulator. I had a few minutes to get familiar with the "system" and then had to work through live client calls by doing things like looking up account information, handle billing issues, requests for credit increases and upselling add on account features. The personality assessment was pretty much the same as every other. It's the same basic 12 or 13 questions asked 3 or 4 different ways.

I was invited to an in person interview at 4:00 on a Tuesday. I got to choose the time based on several dates and times that they offered. They gave me the name of the person to meet with but when I got there that person was not available and I met with someone else. My interview began at about 4:15. The interviewer explained the process and asked me to talk a little about myself and then asked some behavioral interview type questions using my resume to guide him along. He took notes on my responses. After 20 minutes two other managers came in and did the same. They talked more about the company in general and the job description. They were very professional and answered all my questions. That took about 30 minutes, then they escorted me to meet with the department manger in her office. We had a brief conversation and she only asked me 2 questions about myself and I was on my way. They told me that I would hear from them within a week.

After a week I did not hear back, so I emailed asking if they had an updated timeframe for making hiring decisions. A day later I got a call from an operator at a call center reading from a script telling me that they were moving forward with another candidate. That person would not or could not answer any other questions and was quick to end the call.

Yes, I am disappointed that I did not get the job but I'm also disappointed in the overall experience. After the time I spent meeting with their team, I expected a more personal, professional communication experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to resolve a miscommunication and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sep 7, 2016 – Project Specialist

Hello - we appreciate your open and honest response. Thank you. We will be reaching out to our Augusta interview team to follow-up on this piece. If you have additional information, thoughts or comments - please contact adp_talent_community@adp.com