ADP Associate District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Associate District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke to was very kind and open to answering all of the questions that I had. She thoroughly explained the job expectations and the training process (I.e. 6 week training on webinars and with a mentor, and a week training at headquarters in NJ). Ultimately, it seems like a good place to work of you have an interest in sales.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It is a lengthy process. You go through a phone screening with a recruiter. She sets up an interview with the VP of Sales. He will ask you both behavioral and situational questions. Next step, it's job shadowing for the day and after a mocked situation. Overall, the process was fine, Typical corporate interview. I recommend dressing business professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed resilience.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you were faced with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

They asked me only four questions. They told me to set aside 20 to 30 minutes for the phone interview and it only lasted 6 minutes. It was not an effective interview. I didn't get to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• Name three things that your friends would describe you as?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Fort Washington, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screening
    Interview with 2 managers
    Another interview with my would be manager
    Field Ride for an entire day - You get to see what an average day is like - be aggressive and try to take the lead here because they love confidence
    Final interview with the Vice President

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Tampa, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter the next morning. She was very positive and helpful. Face to face interview was shorter than excepted. When I called to follow up about scheduling a ride long and second interview the recruiter told me they are delaying the process because finically in the new fiscal year they couldn't support the new position. I was told to follow up in a few weeks to continue the process. A few days later I received an email that they hired another candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ADP (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews that went very well, then in person interview with VP. VP did not ask any meaningful questions, just to generally talk about my past experience. Did not care for the attitude of the VP.... not what I expected from this company. I was told there was no real open position, that they just constantly interview people and hire when they find a really good candidate to hold for future openings.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Thorough and elongated process, took me about a month and 5 different steps to finally hear/accept the offer.

1. Email from recruiter to schedule a phone interview
    2. Face to face interview with the VP of sales that you will be working under.
    3. Face to face interviews with multiple Sales Executives who you will be working under.
    4. Ride along with one of the District Managers.
    5. Role Play / Job offer

The only difficult part for me was the role play. Being a recent college graduate and working nothing but "Summer" jobs my entire life, I had little sales experience which made the role play difficult. They just want to hear your ask a lot of open-ended questions and follow the agenda they give you. They want someone who is ambitious, hard-working with a proven work ethic, and most importantly someone who is coach-able.

Background check takes a while as well.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      Give an example of a time when you were resilient.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Stamford, CT).

Interview

The guy who interviewed me was extremely rude, but you could tell he was doing it to get the most out of the interview. I went into the interview not entirely sure if I even wanted the job, which was a bad move on my part. The guy who interviewed me felt very strongly about hiring somebody who ONLY wanted to work in sales. He even tries to trick you into admitting that you'd be open to other opportunities (which I fell for). The best piece of advice is just to lie to the interviewers face, and say that your dream job is to work as a door to door salesman. Let's be real, it's nobodies dream to work as a door to door salesman.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the best at your job and have everybody in the office hate you? Or be the second best at your job and have everybody in the office like you?   Answer Question

Associate District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP in January 2015.

Interview

Not terribly difficult. 4 step process where you interview with the VP, a hiring manager, you have a ride day in the field, and then a role play at the end with the VP and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Tampa, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process took 2 months of in person interviews and ride alongs - the ride along does not show you the REAL day in the life at ADP. They place you with a Senior, starting out at an associate position it gave me a false sense of what they company and job role was about.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time you overcame failure that was not at work   Answer Question