ADP Associate District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Associate District Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

I talked a couple times on the phone with a recruiter from California, who was wonderful and moved me along to an in-person interview in Dallas. From the very first person in the office I came face to face with, I was treated like my questions were ridiculous. The interviewer told me she "couldn't care less" what my degree was in, making me feel like my degree was worthless. I was invited back for a second round to do a 'day in the life' of their sales rep, where all day the mentor told me all the reasons NOT to work for the company. He said it's a great job for people who just need to make ~$40k-$50k with decent effort because the people who really make close to six figures live and breathe this company. If you want a 40 hour/week gig, don't expect to make big money. You can have a territory spanning a 20 mile radius versus someone else's spanning 2 miles, and you don't get compensated for the difference in gas spent with your own car--everyone gets the same stipend for travel. Nearly every question I asked the mentor directly conflicted with the answers I got from the VP. Lots of conflicting opinions and statements. I also never heard back from the company after my second interview. My mentor was wonderful and honest, and even the phone recruiter from California was awesome. It's the office personnel and higher ups that turned me off.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 6, 2020

Thank you for sharing your insights into the interview experience and we apologize that your experience was negative. We aim for a professional experience in every interview session. We will share your feedback with our talent acquisition teams to better improve our process. If you have anything additional to share, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank you.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Associate District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Recruiter then had an in-person interview with the Vice President of Sales. Dress for success, bring a copy for your résumé and any information that would showcase your experience during an interview, be prepared to tell your idea of what the job entails and exactly why you want to work for ADP, and have a few questions written down inside a binder. ADP favors those candidates who are enthusiastic, HIGH ENERGY, goal-driven, money-motivated, have strong work ethics and proven sales knowledge. If you want the job... ask for it!

Interview Questions

• What was the best advice you have ever received?   1 Answer
    • What is the biggest thing that separates you from someone else?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Dec 9, 2019

Thank you for the review and rating of your interview experience. We appreciate your insights and detailed analysis.

Associate District Manager Interview

Interview

Strenuous (just like a sales process). They do it on purpose and they want you to follow up constantly and be aggressive until they actually say no. CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE after every interview no matter what. They want hungry and aggressive sales people to jam the product.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 23, 2019

Thank you for sharing your insights into the ADP interview process. We appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2019.

Interview

Very short interview process not too many questions asked did not really get to know the candidate. The questions they did ask we’re kind of off topic and did not relate to the position.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 7, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. If you have anything additional to share, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Tempe, AZ) in August 2019.

Interview

I interviewed with Nate my recruiter. He asked basic questions about my background and experience. Afterwards he explained the position and what to expect on my next interview. Nate was extremely thorough and gave me great feedback. He was a true professional and guided me through the whole process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Aug 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing your insights into the ADP interview process. We appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that you had a great experience with your recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Four total face to face interviews. The beat part of the interview process was doing a “ride along” with a current sales representative. Here you are able to see exactly what a day as an ADM would look like.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you have faded and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Jul 15, 2019

Thank you for the review and rating of your interview experience. We appreciate your insights and analysis.

Associate District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Recruiter call——Interview—-Field ride from 8-5pm with a current associate—-Role play a sale in front of a panel of sales managers—offer

Old school sales interview. Great recruitment strategy: engagement tests all around. Look for people who say yes when they say “can you be here tomorrow at 8am?”
    However, I liked the salesmanship involved in their recruiting process and I felt right at home.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 21, 2019

Thank you for your review and for sharing your insights with us on Glassdoor. We are happy to see that your Associate District Manager interview experience was positive. Welcome to the ADP team. #WorkHappy

Associate District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

It was intensive in time but overall the questions weren’t too tricky or out of the blue. They really just want to see how you react under pressure. The interview included a field day with one of the top reps

Interview Questions

• Greatest struggle and success you’ve had in a particular job   Answer Question

May 27, 2019

Thank you for your review and for sharing your interview insights with us on Glassdoor. #WorkHappy

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with a recruiter, next phase was a 1 on 1 with the sales manager. If you get selected to do a ride along, you will then be given a 3rd interview. The entire process is a little long but overall received an immediate response.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 20, 2019

We appreciate your review and assessment of your interview experience with ADP. Thank you for providing these details. Your feedback is valued! #WorkHappy

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Independence, OH).

Interview

4 interviews. Screening, 1-1 in person, an 8 hour "ride day" with an associate, then a sales roleplay. It was the longest interviewing process I've ever been through. With ADP's turnover, I understand why they do it that way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer

May 13, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor. If you have anything additional to share, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank you