ADP Associate District Manager Small Business Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Associate District Manager Small Business Sales Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Associate District Manager Small Business Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

I recently went thru the entire hiring process of becoming an Associate District Manager for Small Business Sales in the St. Louis area for ADP. I had a phone interview that went great. The recruiter then set me up for a face to face interview at their office in Sunset Hills. A few days later I had a face to face interview with one of the sales executive managers. That went great as well and was offered to go on a field ride. I went on my field ride the following week and that went pretty well also. The guy I rode with seemed pretty cool and was good at what he did. After the field ride I knew I could do the job. After the field ride I told my recruiter I wanted to move forward in the hiring process so he set up a second interview and role play.

My second interview was with 2 executives from small business sales. Even though they were very stand-offish and robotic I thought that interview went well. I then proceeded to do a role play that consisted of me trying to sell ADP payroll services to them. During the role play they continued to answer open ended questions with closed ended answers such as no, yes and I don't know. I thought he was trying to see if he could make me sweat or break but he didn't. He made the sales call very difficult by not providing the answers to the questions I was asking. After seeing he wasn't going to allow me to close him I ended the sales call by scheduling a second appointment.

After that interview/role play I then was told that they had another candidate to interview and I would hear something back by that Friday. I reached out to my recruiter and didn't hear anything back until almost a week later. I got a generic email saying that they chose to go with another candidate.

Here are my gripes with the company:

I) Throughout the entire process I never was able to reach any of the people I met with. I sent follow up emails and voicemails with no reply at all. I was fortunate enough to have a great recruiterwho prepped me for each stage and was my contact point throughout the entire process. I thought it was very unprofessional to send me a generic email after completing the entire process after promising me they would personally contact me a week earlier.

2) I created a professional portfolio (brag book) showcasing all of my sales achievements and awards and brought it to the interviews. The executives didn't even bother looking at it. . The portfolio showcased that I was a top seller and earner at my current employer but I guess that was irrelevant to them.

3) One executive specifically told me that I wasn't competing against other candidates. They were looking for qualified candidates and if I fit the description I would be hired. On the other hand another told me that I was up against another candidate. mixed signals

4) This position is ALWAYS being advertised. They are obviously looking for a certain type of person. Also there is very high turnover according to one of the reps. Thats a huge red flag there

Interview Questions