ADP District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP District Manager Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview typical, face to face typical. Sales presentation stressful.
Process was lengthy. One phone screening, 2 face to face,one face to face presentation and a final phone interview with VP.

Interview Questions

• Biggest sales, most difficult sales, what motivates you, tell me of a time you did X ( several of these)
    How do you solve conflict with co-worker?
    Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary not negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and informative. ADP surely takes their time to hire the right type of person for the role. You get to speak with multiple individuals within the organization ranging from Senior Leadership all the way down to the team you will be working alongside.

Interview Questions

• How do your activity requirements in your current sales job translate into expected revenue you are bringing the company?   Answer Question

ADP Response

Sep 7, 2016 – Project Specialist

Thanks for this review. Great insights into the interview process.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview, I met one of the managers at a bar and he had me come in for an interview and just asked your regular sales questions. They offered the job either same day or next day. I guess because the turn over there is so high they will take anyone they can get as fast as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (San Bernardino, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview to verify my resume information. Then an interview was scheduled for the following week. It was a one on one interview that lasted 30 minutes. I was then scheduled for a phone interview the following week. Still waiting for the outcome, they had several people interviewing for this position.

District Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, interview with 2 different sales executive. Questions about sales experience and career plans. Offer received within few days, then two weeks for drug and background testing

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Newark, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

few stages, few months few phone calls, then few 1-1, very long process, few tests and a presentation for the hiring team. The process is very long and can take few months, be ready to participate in interviews once you think the process finish

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Birmingham, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

2-3 phone conversations with recruiter and regional VP. Field ride followed by one on one interview with local manager. Interview with local manager and regional VP followed by a role play. Field ride was to ensure you "knew what the job entailed." But one day riding with a top rep is not your average day.

Interview Questions

• What motivates me to succeed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I am a college student and got an entry level sales job with ADP. I got in contact with a recruiter and they were extremely helpful throughout the process. I did a phone interview with the recruiter and then had to do a digital interview, then a month later I interviewed with the VP of small business and we talked for about 30 minutes about why sales is for me, and why I want to work for ADP. I ended up getting a 6 week internship, which means I could potentially get the job at the end. (I was told that about 90% of the interns get the job)

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I joined The Ladders and applied to a job that it recommended as a match based on my profile. A couple of days later, the recruiter contacted me about my application. We had a productive conversation and spoke for nearly an hour. At the conclusion of our call, she said she was going to forward my resume to the hiring manager and recommend we move the process forward. I was excited about the prospect and grateful for the guidance she gave me in the days to come. She could not have been better. She suggested questions for which I should prepare and gave me some direction in what I should ask the hiring manager. It was really ideal.

Then the morning of the interview came, and everything changed. I arrived 15 minutes early and called the hiring manager to let him know I had arrived. The call went to his voicemail. I called again, a minute shy of our meeting time and he was essentially wondering where I was. We figured out where exactly to meet each other since only badged employees have access to the office. When we met, he seemed rushed and in a hurry, and I noted that I had called him 15 minutes prior and it had gone to voicemail. He said he had been on a conference call, but did not offer a reason why he didn't try calling me back, or acknowledging that I had called.

I wanted to move past this and settle in for the interview. We started at the earliest point in my resume, and it became quickly apparent that he and the recruiter had had minimal communication about me as a candidate and my resume. The first several questions were all things I had discussed with the recruiter and I did not get the impression that he had heard any of it before.

He wondered about my earliest tenure, and I explained it as best I could, given that it was over a decade ago and I've had two other employers since. I thought it would reflect well that I held several positions during my tenure and had clearly advanced. He wondered where the sales numbers were for this time. I was absolutely confounded. This was a position I had left 8 years ago (and I was not been asked by either employer since for these numbers).

At this point, I knew the interview was over. We continued on this part of my resume for what I felt was a disproportionately long period of time. He was clearly frustrated that there was no way to for him to measure me, in his words, in this position. The company I worked for is a Fortune 500 company and there (a) would be no way I could get those numbers now and (b) would be no chance anybody at the company would confirm/refute said numbers for an outside party. Should I have saved them elsewhere? Probably. But I didn't think of it almost a decade ago, and as I said, no one in the company would be willing/contractually able to verify them anyway.

We finally moved on to my current position and quota achievements. I had discussed these with the recruiter as well, and she led me to believe they spoke well of me as a candidate. He essentially said they weren't good enough and that if he hired me, it would reflect poorly on him and weaken his position in the eyes of his team. He also did not like several things about how my company manages its sales team, which is obviously something I cannot control.

I knew by now that he was not someone I could work for, so I just got through it as best I could. I have always thought of ADP as a solid and well-respected company, but the fact that this manager is evidently one of the stars in the company made me realize it simply is not the kind of corporate culture I seek.

I wrote a follow up e-mail to him and copied the recruiter thanking them for their time and removing myself from consideration.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was when he wanted to see sales numbers from over 8 years and two employers ago.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Interview

They will put you in a scenario where you have to sell them the object they put in front of you. They want you to tell them how you close sales. Do not say you have ANY fear of cold calling, knocking on doors, etc. They want a very aggressive, money motivated person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you failed. Also - at the end of the interview the VP wanted me to close him.   Answer Question