ADP District Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

3.3

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

On the fourth interview I was challenged in my experience and why all 4 other people I interviewed with thought I was so qualified if not over qualified based on my resume alone. Interview wasn't even really an interview but he did offer me an entry level job to start where the VP of Sales orginally started with the company. If you have not worked for a competitor you need not apply for sales unless you apply for an entry level role.

Interview Questions

• Why I am interviewing for a position without any prior experience in the SaaS industry when they are looking for candidates with 5-7 years experience to bring over a territory from a competitor? (Job description clearly sales at least 2, though I have over 7)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a short process. I was in contact with the recruiter. She had me interview with 6 different teams for small business services with ADP. I was interviewed for over two hours by more than 6 managers and two current District Sales Managers then i did a seat ride on the actual roll. i asked many questions.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to take a pay cut   1 Answer

Negotiation

no base was take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

You will interview with multiple people including a phone interview, sales manager, and VP. The process is not too long as ADP is always looking for qualified sales representative

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you and where are you strongest. i.e. As a hunter or servicing existing accounts   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin.com and received an interview. I interviewed with the video president. I may have over studied for the interview. The questions asked are very simple and they look for a lot of experience over everything.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Step 1. Phone interview with recruiter. Step 2. In-person interview with sales exec. Step 3. Ride along with another sales manager. Step 4. Interview with a second sales exec. Step 5. Role play (fake sales presentation) followed by a presentation in which you essentially sell yourself. (Tip- see youtube for sample role plays). Step 6. Phone interview with VP. Step 7. EXTENSIVE background check. They verify every job for the last 10 years, drug test, criminal check, and college records. I would call your references to see what information they will release. If they won't verify dates of employment, job title, and salary you will need to provide proof in the form of old pay stubs.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. Read "The Challenger Sale" before your interview and be aggressive. Follow up every interview with an email and close each interview by making sure you have addressed all of their concerns and what the next step will be (just like you would during a sale). Also, make a good 30/60/90 day plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the salary offered was pretty good.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Irvine, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with the local recruiter, phone interview with one of the sales Vice Presidents, followed by two in person interviews with local Sales Executives (one in Irvine, one in La Palma).

Interview Questions

• They used a lot of "tell me about a time when..." style open ended questions and sought practical work experience examples   Answer Question

ADP Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and welcome to the ADP team.

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

5 steps- 3 detailed interviews, a ride a long and a role play. During the Role Play you must go through the entire appointment that you would have with a prospect. You must hit on key components of what they need and you must close the sale

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen, second phone interview and two, face to face interviews with manager and senior manager. Process was relatively fast, just a few weeks. Interview process was standard. Background checks, drug screen, cant recall if they required some sort of competency or behavioral testing....I believe they did require this via an online assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you would be a great fit for this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always tell the recruiter, and interviewers you are also deep into the interview process with their competitor, Paychex to obtain a more aggressive offer from ADP.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Baltimore, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

phone screen with recruiter, meet with VP, field ride, then meet with other managers if you pass field ride. Sometimes there is a group panel interview with all of the managers in the region. Senior reps will also interview you to see if you'll fit in the culture.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

The process took 3 week. I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to a second interview in house. After the second interview I was asked to retune to do a ride along with one of the current sales agents. A week later I was offered the position.

Negotiation

No negotiation