ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.9

887 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

In applying for the Client Support Specialist Position I had to first go through a phone interview. The interview was transcribed word for for word by the interviewer. After making it through that phase, I completed online personality assessments and an online work simulation excersise. After that, I was invited on site for a face to face interview with two hiring managers. The interview lasted about 80 minutes and I received positive feedback, and was invited to do another phone interview with a VP.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you went above and beyond to handle a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Sep 18, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your interview.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Several calls form a foreign call center for the same positions with the same questions. No one at the giant building could tell me where to go or who I was meeting. Security seemed annoyed I was bothering him.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 18, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and rating.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Phone screen followed by one on one interview followed by ride along followed by role playing followed by an interview with divisional Vice President. They kept in touch with me throughout the process but I felt the process was a little excessive for what really is an entry-level position.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Sales Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Went through a brief phones screen with a recruiter, basic questions reviewing my resume. Moved on to the next step where I met with the VP of sales, which again was primarily going over my resume and brief situational questions. Got invited to the "final" interview where I was asked to shadow a sales rep and then at the end of the day was supposed to do a role play with one of the managers. Got there at 9:00 am to shadow, got back to the office at around 3:30 pm. The sales rep went to grab the VP to tell him that we were back, he came and walked me out because he said that he had a conference call but that I would be hearing back from either him or the recruiter to schedule the role play portion. Reached out to the recruiter 4 days after via email asking her for clarification- no response. Called the next day- no response. 2 weeks later received a generic email saying they were moving on with other candidates. There was absolutely nothing I could have done wrong the final day as I was just shadowing so it was a complete waste of time and extremely unprofessional. I read other reviews on Glassdoor saying that this is how the company handles interviews and am extremely disappointed to find out that is the case. Would NEVER recommend this company.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are interested in your review to help improve our interview processes. Please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com if you can share any details so we... More

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career services and had an interview at school. Interviewer was friendly and whole experience was pretty laid back. i was unfortunately rejected and didn't have the opportunity to go on-site for a technical interview

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

It went good. Initially called for phone screen then followed in person interview with basic technology questions. E try thing was simple questions and they Were very friendly . Whole process took less than one hour

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Learning Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I had worked for ADP for a year from 2016 to April 2017. In June, I was moving with my husband who is in the military for a change of station. I was told that the only way I would be able to get a job with ADP at the office that would be to quit and then completely reapply at the place I was moving as a new candidate.

I applied for the learning specialist and had all the qualifications. I applied in the beginning of May and did not hear back about even a phone interview until July. Two months just to hear for a phone interview. Also, they did not contact me, I had a friend who worked at ADP who assisted me in finding the correct recruiter to speak to. I emailed her and she had me do a phone interview the following week.

During the phone interview, the interviewer called me 15 minutes late. All he asked me about was any working gaps. I only had this current one because I relocated as I said before, because my husband is serving in the military. The questions sounded very scripted and the interview did not flow whatsoever. The interviewer told me he was asking me questions from a form he had to fill out and that he had no decision in the process. Therefore, when he asked if there were questions, I did not ask any because I assumed from the way the whole debacle went, he would have no clue about the position.

The interviewer hung up with me after it was done. He then called back because he forgot to ask me two other questions

I was told I would be contacted in 2 weeks. It was not until 3 weeks that I, once again, took the initiative after being completely blown off and disregarded. I emailed the recruiter and she did not get back to me for a few days. Then at 3 and a half weeks in, I received an automated email that they did not decide to give me another interview.

When it was all said and done, ADP wasted this prior employee's time. Not just a little bit of time but 3 months and did it very unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Aug 29, 2017 – Project Specialist

This is very discouraging and alarming. Please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com if you wish to share more information - we are interested in hearing more about this issue. Thank you.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Received an initial 30 minute phone screening, followed by a in-person interview. Managers were laid back and nice. Majority of the questions were behavioral questions. After the interview, I received a call saying they would like to move forward to the next round of interviews. This included a ride along, presentation, and role play. I prepared for the presentation and role play for a week. I then received a call from a different recruiter saying they decided to move forward with other candidates. Therefore, I wasted a week preparing for my role play and presentation. Unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced rejection and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Aug 21, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Brief recruiter phone screen, in person with a manager, ride along, and a closing pitch. Smooth process if you are comfortable in a sales position! You are provided all of the tools needed to be successful in the interview process!

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest risk of hiring you?   1 Answer

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback from your interview experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Basic Interview. Put a lot of stress on how you can sell yourself under pressure. Briefly described the steps following if you were to be moved on in the process and said Ill turn it over to you, "Tell me about yourself".