ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP in October 2016.

Interview

1. (phone screening) Like many others who have posted on here about the interview process at ADP I have had an overall positive experience. I applied online through Indeed and received an email to set up a phone interview which I was well over prepared for because it was just someone from the talent team literally typing down what I was saying (I could hear typing in the background).

2. (online assessment) I guess I met some sort of requirement though because shortly after I received an email to do an online assessment.This was an interactive assessment and tested how fast you typed/reaction time to situations and simulated what the actual software you would be using as a Client Support Specialist looked like while you actually got to hear potential phone calls and customers.

3. (face to face group interview) Within 24 hours I was contacted again by the interview coordinator via phone to set up an actual face to face interview on site. I was thrilled to be contacted so quickly and received another email following the phone call with the interview information and also an attached document of what to expect for the interview. With that document as well as reading every single tip/interview questions on this site (DO YOUR HOMEWORK) I was well over prepared for the interview. From these comments on Glassdoor I think that it honestly depends on what location/who interviews you. My interview was with two managers and from the start it had a "lets have a conversation" vibe. The interview went incredibly well and I felt more than prepared because like I said, I over prepared. I was impressed with how much these two managers talked up ADP, obviously any manager would (hopefully) talk up the company they work for but I noticed that it was genuine and it was obvious they truly loved working there.

4. (30 min phone interview with director) Well I guess they liked me as well because again, 24 hours later I got an email to have another phone interview with the Director of client support. That interview also went JUST as great and seemed more of a "get to know you", "see if your personality fits with the culture of the company" type of thing . It has now been 2 and a half days since that last interview and I am eagerly awaiting a call to see if I got the job which I am crossing my fingers for because ADP seems like a fantastic place to work.

Current Status: awaiting an offer

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Project Specialist

Great review - thank you. We hope you receive an offer but if not thank you for applying and going through the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

This was the most unprofessional process I have ever dealt with. Had a phone interview within a few days of applying. About a week later, had a f2f interview and heard nothing for 2 weeks. As far as I know the interview went very well. One of the ladies even let me know that I had a very good energy and she seemed very interested. Waited 2 weeks and heard nothing. So then after seeing someone's interview experience on glassdoor that was similar to mine, I went online to check my status since I had not received direct contact. Just like the other person they failed to contact me directly. To interview someone twice and feel you do not need to contact them directly to let them know they have not been selected is unprofessional. I have never experienced this after having not one but TWO interviews.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied online, and heard back in a few days from a corporate recruiter via email who wanted to set up an initial phone interview for a few days out. The phone interview was about an hour - she let me know that this is an extensive process, and that if I were selected for the next round, I would have another phone interview, followed by a Skype interview, and lastly an in person interview. She wanted to be very upfront about how long the process could take, and as I am currently employed, I told her that it's understandable and fine by me. The second phone interview was scheduled for about a week later, and it was with the person who I would assume would ultimately be my manger, and she was great! Very relatable, and knowledgeable - has been with the company for about 10 years. This interview went very well (to my knowledge), and I sent a thank you email shortly after the interview, and she responded telling me that we would "be in touch." It's been 2 weeks, and I haven't heard back. I even sent a follow up to my follow up email a week after my interview and nothing. A week after that, I sent a follow up email to the corporate recruiter who spoke to me first. Still no response. I checked my application status and it still says I'm in consideration, so I don't know what's going on.

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

You would think as a payroll company ADP would have the process of hiring together. Nothing is further from the truth. From the recruiter to the online employee application it was painful. I found the company to be outdated and out of touch. I honestly found the recruiter and managers unprofessional and lacking in skills. I would not recommend bothering with ADP. There are much better companies to work for. Pass on this one.

Interview Questions

• Why would I hire you over all the other people who have interviewed for this position?   Answer Question

Client Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

I applied online. The same day received an email to schedule a phone interview (in a week). The phone interview was a pretty standard experience. In a little over a week received an email to schedule f2f interview. Waited 1.5 months to have that interview. The f2f interview was with a couple of managers and went pretty well. So at least that made up for the long wait. They asked a lot of situational questions. After the interview there was nothing. They had just recently (weeks later) updated the status online that I was not selected, however no one took the time to notify me personally. Based on this long and unproductive experience it appears that this is not the kind of company I would want to work for.

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The interview is pretty much straight forward. They tell you to sell yourself. Make sure to be enthusiastic and genuine. And ask questions. Be sure to ask for feedback. I met with the VP of Sales for Small Business Solutions and previous to that, i had a phone interview with a talent acquisition recruiter. The first interview asked questions regarding your background as well as some info about the company, what the position entails, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ADP?

Why sales? in particular outside sales?

What motivates you?

What do you think this job entails?

What aspects do you look for when looking for a career opportunity?
      Answer Question

Sales Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter after applying online (within a week). After the recruiter call was set up with an interview at an office with Sales executives. After this interview there was a third in which I met with the VP. After this interview there was a scheduled field run with someone in the company to get a feel for the position. Now waiting to hear back on position so not sure if I got it or not (so I put no)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Owings Mills, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter. The questions were primarily about work history and salary expectations. In person interview was with a claims manager and another claims manager via telephone. I found out it was a call center position in the face to face interview. Needless to say I wasn't very happy about that and decided to stop the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you have this employment gap?   Answer Question
    • Were you terminated from this position? Your gap indicate you were probably terminated rather than taking a new job.   Answer Question

Associate Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Bait and switch. They were recruiting for a 1-2 year level developer but were interviewing for a 6+ year person instead. It seems they just wanted someone with senior experience who was willing to work for junior pay. It was a two stage process: phone screen and in person panel.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement a multi-threaded application in Java?   Answer Question

ADP Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for this negative experience. We have escalated this review to our Alpharetta HR team.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted directly by ADP recruiter who was upbeat through the entire process and kept my interest in the position with frequent updates. Phone interview screens were by recruiter, dept coworker, and manager.

The focus seemed to vacillate between prove tech/analytic skill, then focus on interpersonal, then back to analytic. I was given a data problem to solve/present for the in person interview which I appreciated as a way to show my problem solving ability. However, the 'intended audience' was less clear, so with just a few screens to show, it was unclear if was presenting to a technical audience, sales team, executive summary, or having an exploratory two way discussion.

The interview panel was 4 people, 1 by phone, 1 by webcam, 2 in person spanning just under an hour in time, without an expectation set of how long the interview would be up front. I anticipated a longer duration since I've had prior interviews with this number of people/complexity last 2-2.5 hours, though somewhat sequentially (1/2 hour each person). Most of the questions seemed in line with expectations of a business analyst position. It had about the right mix of "check box" type questions and open ended "describe to me" type questions.

There wasn't an opportunity to show portfolio items of related projects completed. The opportunity for open two way discussion about a typical workday barely made it into discussion which was unfortunate since one of my interests in considering ADP was discovering what defined their culture / where I could add the most value. However, with 30 seconds counting down till the hour was up the ability to engage in discussion about seeing if ADP was the right fit felt unavailable.

Overall, I think the recruiting process was top notch with the recruiter and the interview process quite respectful. It didn't feel like a grilling session, though many questions required thinking in the moment. A better idea of interview duration and content/audience bounds for sample project would have been helpful. Mandatory disclosure of 'prior pay' without time set aside in the interview to discuss benefits/culture/work environment creates a chasm of unknowns where I felt awkward information asymmetry and knowing what the top challenges of the position would be.

Non-acceptance for the position was via a one line automated email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience using different types of data sources.   Answer Question