ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,871 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any tricky questions. It was all (mostly) from my resume, which I knew like the back of my hand. Know everything you have on there and be ready to talk about it.   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP in October 2016.

Interview

1. (phone screening) Like many others who have posted on here about the interview process at ADP I have had an overall positive experience. I applied online through Indeed and received an email to set up a phone interview which I was well over prepared for because it was just someone from the talent team literally typing down what I was saying (I could hear typing in the background).

2. (online assessment) I guess I met some sort of requirement though because shortly after I received an email to do an online assessment.This was an interactive assessment and tested how fast you typed/reaction time to situations and simulated what the actual software you would be using as a Client Support Specialist looked like while you actually got to hear potential phone calls and customers.

3. (face to face group interview) Within 24 hours I was contacted again by the interview coordinator via phone to set up an actual face to face interview on site. I was thrilled to be contacted so quickly and received another email following the phone call with the interview information and also an attached document of what to expect for the interview. With that document as well as reading every single tip/interview questions on this site (DO YOUR HOMEWORK) I was well over prepared for the interview. From these comments on Glassdoor I think that it honestly depends on what location/who interviews you. My interview was with two managers and from the start it had a "lets have a conversation" vibe. The interview went incredibly well and I felt more than prepared because like I said, I over prepared. I was impressed with how much these two managers talked up ADP, obviously any manager would (hopefully) talk up the company they work for but I noticed that it was genuine and it was obvious they truly loved working there.

4. (30 min phone interview with director) Well I guess they liked me as well because again, 24 hours later I got an email to have another phone interview with the Director of client support. That interview also went JUST as great and seemed more of a "get to know you", "see if your personality fits with the culture of the company" type of thing . It has now been 2 and a half days since that last interview and I am eagerly awaiting a call to see if I got the job which I am crossing my fingers for because ADP seems like a fantastic place to work.

Current Status: awaiting an offer

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Project Specialist

Great review - thank you. We hope you receive an offer but if not thank you for applying and going through the interview process.

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ADP (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was a long interview process. The full process took about 6 months and I had 5 interviews. I met with the hiring manager, 2 individuals on my time, VP of Client Services, and the Retention Director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about a PEO?   1 Answer

Jun 19, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and welcome to the ADP team.

Learning Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Online application, phone screen, then phone interview... followed by a video conference and then one last phone interview. It was pretty quick and a great experience, but now I am waiting for a decision.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a 10 minute presentation on a topic of your choice.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The actual interview went fine. Good back and forth communication. Really it felt just like a conversation between new friends. The negative aspect comes from the fact that I was interviewed for a position different than what I applied for and actually wanted. This was discovered at the end of the interview when indisclosed that I was not interested in a management role. The interviewer asked why I applied for one then? We went our separate ways but that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for the confusion.

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP in June 2017.

Interview

I was submitted based on a referral. The recruiter reached out to me and set up a time. From the onset of the interview I felt like I was under interrogation. The recruiter seemed to have fault with my resume.

At the conclusion of the call, the interview says she will call me the following week. Following week, I send an email and the recruiter calls me and leaves me a voicemail indicating she wants to talk with me. I call her back, no response. What I get is an email from her over the weekend saying 'Thanks but we are going with other candidates'. No feedback, no return of my phone call. I would think because this was a referral it would have been handled more professionally. I think I was more disappointed in how it was all handled vs not moving forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me if you have any experience with external clients.   1 Answer

Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Portland, ME) in June 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn. We set up a time for a phone interview. I was then interviewed by a manager. Then told to prepare for a final interview, role play and ride along. The manager and recruiter kept in contact through the entire process. It was the best interview process I have ever been through with a job.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What are your long term goals/short term goals?   Answer Question

RPO Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I had three phone interviews and a brief assessment before offer extension. The whole process took a few weeks. It went smoothly and the communication was good throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to dealing with difficult hiring managers   Answer Question

May 31, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Standard process. Phone Screening followed by two interviews. The first interview is a face to face with a manager, and attempts to go through your information and background. The final interview is an entire day in the office, and then in the field, with the interview and mock sales meeting at the end.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn who had apparently 'reviewed' my profile and found me to be a match. Scheduled a phone interview: the first question was to tell the recruiter more about myself and why I am interested in ADP. Two minutes into the conversation, the recruiter decides to ask me to target things more oriented towards my educational track, and hangs up- despite having 'reviewed' my profile and reaching out on their own. I never really write about such experiences, but I think their 'Review' process definitely needs improvement. For such a large organization dealing in HR, not so much with the professionalism yourselves, ADP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself and why you are interested in ADP.   Answer Question

May 15, 2017 – Project Specialist

Hello - your interview brings up many questions for us as an HR organization and trying to improve our interview processes - if you could reach out to us with more details ... More

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled 24 hours after applying. A face-to-face interview was scheduled for the same week. The interview included a presentation consisting of why I would be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Requested moving/sign on bonus and was told the salary would be increased to include the amount, but sign on bonuses weren't given in the department

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your positive review of the ADP experience and welcome to the ADP team :)