ADP Major Accounts - District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Major Accounts - District Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Natick, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in-person interview with hiring managers in group setting. run down basic list of interview questions to gauge your personality, final in person presentation to the group on topic related to the job

Interview Questions

• name a time you faced a difficult challenge and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Jun 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the detailed review.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Initial Interview with recruiter, 2nd interview with Vice President, final interview role play. My first two interviews went well. The final interview I felt like the person interviewing already had their mind made up and didn't want to hire me to begin with. I was told I was interviewing with one person and then a third person I never met was thrown in. The energy was off from the beginning. He drilled me on the number of sales I had, which I didn't know that information off the top of my head considering my current job is about revenue, not number of sales. I was so put off by his energy I forgot I had my brag book with my sales, rankings and commission pay stubs to show what I brought to my organization. He asked what other companies I was interviewing for and I was thinking why does that matter if I am here interviewing with you. The 2 women I interviewed with didn't make me feel like that, they were pleasant and had good energy. I didn't receive a offer but if I had to work for that manager I didn't want the position.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in August 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with HR recruiter. 30 minute conversation and told I should expect to hear from the hiring manager in a couple days. I followed up after a week to learn that they actually lost my initial interview paperwork and I had to start from scratch. The HR recruiter said that ADP is always hunting for top sales talent in this role, but if you do your research they people ultimately in this role do not have lengthy sales backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience selling software products?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter who conducted a phone interview. From that, it was decided to move into the next process, meeting with a department manager. I never received a confirmation email from the recruiter providing me the address of the meeting or the name of the person I would be meeting. I had to send 3 messages asking to confirm, with the last one basically saying I would not be arriving since I was not confirmed for that time. Once I arrived for the interview, I mentioned the name I was given to meet with, but someone else showed up. It was a long drawn out almost 2 hour meeting. I was then brought back to meet with the Department Head and another manager. That meeting lasted only about 1/2 hour, which it actually took me longer to drive there than actually meet with them. They commented they had a full day of interviews and had to move onto the next. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• The standard, non-creative question, "What can you bring to this position?"   Answer Question

Jul 28, 2016 – Project Specialist

Sorry you had such a negative experience on your interview. We will escalate to the Allentown team. Thank you

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter. After a phone interview I was sent info that would prepare me for the next steps. After phone interviews with the Sales Executive and VP, I went to the office for a mock presentation

Interview Questions

• Based on past experiences and what I was looking for in a future employer   Answer Question

Jul 28, 2016 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the review and welcome to the ADP team :)

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview first with a corporate recruiter. Then I had a face to face interview with the Vice President in the Core Market. After I passed that interview I was set up for another face to face with the two Account Execs in the office. This interview was an interview with the two Sales managers and after passing that there was a role play selling the service.

Interview Questions

• How have I been successful in my sales career so far and why do people buy from me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The entire process was intense, but in my opinion, worthwhile. I think it's designed to weed out the people who are using this job as a stepping stone to another industry/job. I was very clear on each step of the 5 step process (#1 phone screen with recruiter, #2 in-person interview with Sales Exec, #3 in-person with Vice President, #4 Ride Along with Rep, #5 Final Presentation) and there were no surprises along the way. If you truly prepare for the interviews by researching the company, you'll be ready for the questions they ask. The ride-along was very beneficial to me since it gave me the opportunity to ask the day-to-day questions and observe 'a day in the life'. I found a TON of resources on LinkedIn, youtube, and on ADP's website to help me prepare for the interviews and final presentation. Be ready to discuss your sales numbers, if you have them. Be genuine (and confident) and you should do great!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience and how it applies to this position?   1 Answer
    • Why should ADP hire you? Why do you want to work at ADP?   1 Answer

Major Account District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Bridgeport, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

Exhaustive. Very likely designed to take your focus away from the fact that this company's salesforce and culture is almost a "very large boiler-room". You are never clearly told what you'll be doing in your new sales job. You may well be misled to about benefits and comp.

Interview Questions

• Presentation of a topic in powerpoint or whiteboard in front of managers and peers.   Answer Question

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

It all depends on the need. ADP is big on hiring back ups to fill in for open positions. If they have all positions filled the process can be multiple steps (3 interviews after HR). If they need someone urgently they tend to skip steps.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The process, from application and phone screens to the in-person interviews, was seamless and professional. While each stage built in difficulty and testing of knowledge, aptitude and potential fit, the interviews were conducted in a fluid fashion. I enjoyed the overall experience. Be prepared to not just speak to your background, but how each component of it fits with the role you're interviewing for and future promotions that could follow.

Interview Questions

• What are characteristics you look for when interviewing candidates?   Answer Question