ADP SBS District Manager ( Sales Position - Small Business to Business Sales) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017
2,019 Interview Reviews

2,019 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (San Diego, CA).

Interview

phone screen- recruiter selling you on the job. (Interviewer) lies about everything. Sells you on the job, freedom and earning opportunity. Have you come back for a second round interview with the managers. Offer you a "sales apprentice" position, sales intern, etc. Whatever title they use to describe it... they only pay you $12.50/hr with zero benefits for as long as they want. Don't take it

Interview Questions

• The entire interview was all just a way to sell me on taking less pay for a job that would have more potential down the road. Complete lie. If I hadn't been told by a lot of people that ADP had such amazing training... I never would have accepted.   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Interview

I am not certain that this is the complete hiring and interview process but I hope so. I let my experience be known and hope to be contacted.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Project Specialist

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Company recruiter reached out to me first. Scheduled brief phone call to align goals. Set-up phone call with market sales VP. Moved along to sales manager face-to-face and then moved along to sales VP face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about sales background and sales process   1 Answer
    • Everything was straight forward until the VP wanted to ask some very open ended questions about what I perceived as going on in Indy right now.   1 Answer

Oct 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback and review.

ADP Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Five or six One-on-one with five or six of their team members in Atlanta. Each person pretty much asked questions that made me repeat pretty much the same thing that I said to the last person. It would've been nice for them to have 1 interview to save everyone's time.

I felt a lack of respect from some of the interviewers. One person literally pointed to a work experience and said "tell me about -that-. yeah that." I knew that I was not fully prepared for the job, but knew that I could do the job if given the opportunity, considering that this was an internship. I looked online and saw that the people in this department all came from non-cs backgrounds. However, during the interview, they seemed to demanded a lot of CS backgrounds. It sounds as though they're looking for interns to do their full time work.

The entire time, it was literally five rounds of interviews, each one-on-one felt like another version of pointing out how I was unqualified for the job.

I actually give fault to the person who screened my resume. Why invite me for an interview then acknowledge I do not have skills that you want?

Also, I asked if they were looking to keep interns for long term and convert, I got a negative vibe.

One of the worst interviews I've had.

Oct 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

We will share your insights with our Atl. HR teams and if you have any additional feedback you wish to share, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com -- thank you.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied and 2 days later got an email to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer called on time and started listing of what seemed like the same questions on the general application. Did not ask about experience as it relates to the position. Could not answer job related questions because she had no idea. I'm worried that I will not get to move on because the interviewer had no clue about the position I applied for and probably took bad notes...

Interview Questions

• Tell me breifly about your job duties in your current position   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Three Step Interview
    One Telephone with someone oversees (30 minutes ) Questions regarding work place experiences
    Two face to face with potential managers
    Focused more on what jobs I did at previous workplace

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you faced with a challenge during your work day. How did you over come it?   Answer Question

Oct 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience and welcome to the ADP family.

Associate District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a lovely recruiter and had an initial phone screen. I was then moved to an in person interview with the VP of Sales which went really well so I was moved to the ride along. The ride along was long (entire day) but fun. I then had my final interview/role play with to SE’s and the VP of Sales. I was convinced o had the job since I was told I did amazing but they moved forward with another candidate which was a slap in the face considering I was told I did great.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by an in person interview. The in person interview was very informal & I was asked to join a rep on a ride along, but they decided to go in a different direction

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADP (Maitland, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday and received an email for a phone interview the next day. The interview was actually pushed up a day because apparently the hiring process was moving so quickly. They asked me about my work history and told me more about the position. Several days later I received an email that they had not selected me for an in person interview. I was surprised since I am actually doing this same job for another company so I'm curious what kind of history they're seeking.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 16, 2017 – Project Specialist

SBS Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, in person interview with hiring manager, ride along (which I did not do). The initial phone screen with the recruiter was easy- standard first interview questions for a sales job. I found the in person interview with the hiring manager to be fairly straight forward and easy as well. I did not get past the 2nd round of interviews, which surprised me because I felt I had a strong in-person interview.