ADP Associate District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

3.1

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR for a position at Culver City office. Really enjoyed the interview process. Their Talent Acquisition Business Partner was very nice, polite and provided me with all the necessary information throughout the entire interview process . I had 3 interviews at ADP: phone interview, interview with Sales Executive and Role play. Really enjoyed the process! Very positive and nice people, I don't understand why people write negative things here about this company.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Dec 4, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your positive interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (San Diego, CA).

Interview

phone screen- recruiter selling you on the job. (Interviewer) lies about everything. Sells you on the job, freedom and earning opportunity. Have you come back for a second round interview with the managers. Offer you a "sales apprentice" position, sales intern, etc. Whatever title they use to describe it... they only pay you $12.50/hr with zero benefits for as long as they want. Don't take it

Interview Questions

• The entire interview was all just a way to sell me on taking less pay for a job that would have more potential down the road. Complete lie. If I hadn't been told by a lot of people that ADP had such amazing training... I never would have accepted.   Answer Question

Oct 23, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the insightful review and for adding in specifics that are helpful for us to improve our processes.

Associate District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a lovely recruiter and had an initial phone screen. I was then moved to an in person interview with the VP of Sales which went really well so I was moved to the ride along. The ride along was long (entire day) but fun. I then had my final interview/role play with to SE’s and the VP of Sales. I was convinced o had the job since I was told I did amazing but they moved forward with another candidate which was a slap in the face considering I was told I did great.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 23, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for the disappointing result but we hope you will continue to try to be a part of the ADP team. Thanks for sharing your story.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Recruiter interview over the phone (they make this easy and want to help get you to the next step if you're a good fit), manager interview, meet the VP for another conversation, ride-along with current associate.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 18, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

You apply to a job board website, the recruiter (if interested) will call you for a 10-20 minute pre screen phone interview. Then, you come in to an office near you, mine was Chicago and you interview with the VP. He was rude, checking his phone, and yawning during the interview and had I not known better, I would guess he was uninterested. However, I know the game and they want to see how you react to someone challenging you. Be yourself and answer thoroughly. He tried to again challenge me by saying "you may be a better fit for the apprenticeship" and wants to see how you react. I simply said I was not called in to interview for the apprenticeship, I want to work for ADP as an outside sales representative and so what are the next steps.

Was granted a "ride day" this is an all day field ride with a "top performer" so be prepared to be there all day, unpaid (some companies pay you for doing this), and ask a lot of questions. Then if the rep likes you he somehow sends a text to the manager without you knowing and you are then brought back to the office and will do a role play with two product offerings as the manager playing the customer. If you can sell him, you are offered the job on the spot. It is not as in depth as you would imagine, and they allow you to study for 10 minutes before going in. I paid close attention to how the rep I rode with spoke to his clients and I worked that into my presentation. I was offered the job before I left. CLOSE, ask for the the job!!!

Interview Questions

• Why would we hire someone like you who already wants to leave your current job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be successful in outside sales?   Answer Question
    • Tell me 3 qualities about yourself that would apply to this role and 3 things that would work against you in this role about yourself   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about doing an apprenticeship for 2-3 months at $13/hour?   Answer Question

Sep 18, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing the full picture of your interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Portland, ME) in June 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn. We set up a time for a phone interview. I was then interviewed by a manager. Then told to prepare for a final interview, role play and ride along. The manager and recruiter kept in contact through the entire process. It was the best interview process I have ever been through with a job.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What are your long term goals/short term goals?   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the positive review of ADP and welcome to the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website and about 2 1/2 weeks later I got a call from one of their recruiters for a phone screen. The phone interview went well or so I thought. She told me about the salary and benefits and told me they'd reach out the following week to let me know if I've made it to the next round. I never heard back from them. Why would you try to sell me on the company by telling me what kind of benefits and salary you provide if you weren't interested in me? I was very disappointed. Would've liked a call or an email letting me know I didn't make it to the next round. For a company as big as ADP that focuses on providing benefits for employees you'd think they would know how to treat candidates.
    I checked my phone and email every single day, almost every hour because I was very interested in hearing back from them. This was a very bad experience for me. Not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a challenge and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Melville, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. If they approve, that is followed by an interview with VP. If the VP approves, that is then followed by an interview with all the managers + a field ride. So three rounds of interviews on three different days.

Interview Questions

• I don't think you're right for this job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This is an entry level sales role. Candidate will be asked questions on their interest in sales. Phone screen, 1 on 1, and presentation on content provided. It’s an enjoyable interview.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The interview is pretty much straight forward. They tell you to sell yourself. Make sure to be enthusiastic and genuine. And ask questions. Be sure to ask for feedback. I met with the VP of Sales for Small Business Solutions and previous to that, i had a phone interview with a talent acquisition recruiter. The first interview asked questions regarding your background as well as some info about the company, what the position entails, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ADP?

Why sales? in particular outside sales?

What motivates you?

What do you think this job entails?

What aspects do you look for when looking for a career opportunity?   Answer Question

Feb 27, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review of the interview experience. Great details on the process for future interviewees.