ADP District Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP District Sales Manager Interview Questions

3.1

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP in October 2016.

Interview

Thank Applied for the job on the ADP site. Received a call from the recruiter that week. I was set-up with a face to face interview with the VP of Sales. After that I had an interview with 2 executive sales managers and a small business executive. The meeting seemed to go well with one executive sales manager and the small business executive. The other manager was very ABRASIVE and Confrontational. She tried to discredit me the entire interview. It was more like an interrogation process. She was extremely unprofessional. I was also asked age related questions-when did I graduate and how old were my kids. A company that specializes in HR should know what questions NOT to ask. I did not think these questions were relevant. It is apparent that ADP only wants people in their mid 20's to early 30's check out most of the sales force profiles. It was even in their recruiting literature sent to me targeting millennials. Don't bother if you don't fit the age requirement even if your qualified. Waste of my valuable time. They also keep re-posting the position. The job has been open for over 6 months. Really no one is qualified?

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked what my commissions were over the last five years at my present job. Are you sure you will be satisfied with our salary since it will take 24-27 months to earn a commission since you exceeded your goal every year?   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

On the fourth interview I was challenged in my experience and why all 4 other people I interviewed with thought I was so qualified if not over qualified based on my resume alone. Interview wasn't even really an interview but he did offer me an entry level job to start where the VP of Sales orginally started with the company. If you have not worked for a competitor you need not apply for sales unless you apply for an entry level role.

Interview Questions

• Why I am interviewing for a position without any prior experience in the SaaS industry when they are looking for candidates with 5-7 years experience to bring over a territory from a competitor? (Job description clearly sales at least 2, though I have over 7)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone Call with recruiter, then Skype interview with VP of sales. The interview process did not take very long, but be sure to have taken notes on the company, as you will be asked some in depth questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: what 3 words would your friends use to describe you   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and then scheduled for multiple interviews. Interviews were same day back to back with management. Very professional and great process. Drug test and background check follows. Very straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• What was a conflict in business/sales that you overcame?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interview and offer letter sent two days later.

District Manager- SBS Outside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The interview with the VP of Sales was a great experience once it started. The office was under a little construction so initially I was a little put off. I was prepared for a very formal interview but come to find out it was rather laid back. I spent about an hour in the actual interview where a lot of references to sports made me feel very comfortable. I have my second interview in a couple days and I look forward to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through employee referral. Multiple phone screens led to an on-site interview with regional sales manager. Questions were framed to evaluate candidates based on their ability to succeed in demanding sales environment. Ride-along day was very enjoyable, and final interview in Chicago was a role-play with VP of Sales in a challenging sales situation. Overall, everyone was very kind and aggressiveness seemed to be the key component to successfully execute the role-play.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a short process. I was in contact with the recruiter. She had me interview with 6 different teams for small business services with ADP. I was interviewed for over two hours by more than 6 managers and two current District Sales Managers then i did a seat ride on the actual roll. i asked many questions.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to take a pay cut   1 Answer

Negotiation

no base was take it or leave it

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

1. Over the phone interview- very basic and overview (It was pretty much a prescreen to make sure that it was worth their time to talk further)
    2. Met with VP- Super overview of everything. This interview was really low-key (surprisingly)
    3. Field drive- they'll tell you this isn't really an interview but everything is an interview during the process! Looking to see if you are a good fit and could handle the day to day work
    4. Meeting with managers- This is by far the toughest/most intense. Depending on managers it can be anywhere from 2-6 people. One on ones- it felt like a cross-examination. Be prepared for everything

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time where you failed?
      Q: What motivates you?
      Q: Do you know what this job entails or what this company does?
      Q: Why sales?
      Q: Why do you think you have what it takes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ADP (Chandler, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen interview Corp Recruiter with general sales questions like current base/commission, sales style, flexibility and ability to work in high impact, constantly changing environment. In-Person Interview required 15 minute presentation highlighting sales achievement, sales style and strengths. Feedback from the 4 Interviewers revealed that the role requires a consistent "hunter" personality for new business.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ADP?, Are you more of a hunter or relationship-builder?   Answer Question

District Manager- SBS Outside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

submitted an application online, was contacted by a recruiter who asked basic questions and reassured me that i was a great fit for the position. when i arrive at the facility 15 minutes early they seat me in a shabby intake area. people (including the person who would later interview me) walked passed me, looking me up and down. it was slightly unprofessional, alas i'd probably be doing the same. after waiting for nearly a half hour my interviewer finally called me in. he too, looked me up and down as if to size me up asked a couple of questions and then announced that he wanted me to fight for the position because he 'was ready to end the interview' ...confused i reviewed my accomplishments and why i thought i would be a good fit to which he responded ' has anyone ever told you that you are hmmm sassy?...it's not a good thing.' I think it was the first time i actually rolled my eyes in front of a potential employer...two more interviews follwed with other managers--each trying to 'connect' with me. i didn't really give the company a fair shot after the initial interview as my counterpart's behavior was so offputting. i followed up with friendly e-mails --no one responded. i didn't get any notification that i had been turned down for the position just a request to evaluate the interview process.

Interview Questions

• the interviewer--the first one, looked at my resume (clearly not reading it) and said why should i choose you when i could hire someone with a 4.0 gpa. ( my gpa was a cool 3.5) it was sort of off putting and said without reason. i felt he was trying to ruffle my feathers just because--if i wasn't a good fit why would the recruiter contact me in the first place. nothing really made sense....   Answer Question