ADP Major Accounts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

3.2

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Natick, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in-person interview with hiring managers in group setting. run down basic list of interview questions to gauge your personality, final in person presentation to the group on topic related to the job

Interview Questions

• name a time you faced a difficult challenge and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Jun 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the detailed review.

Implementation Project Manager (Major Accounts) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview was easy. Recruiter was very thorough in explaining position as well as company history.
    Face to Face interview was fairly easy. Interviewed by 2 people (panel)...one person in-house the other via telephone.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Initial Interview with recruiter, 2nd interview with Vice President, final interview role play. My first two interviews went well. The final interview I felt like the person interviewing already had their mind made up and didn't want to hire me to begin with. I was told I was interviewing with one person and then a third person I never met was thrown in. The energy was off from the beginning. He drilled me on the number of sales I had, which I didn't know that information off the top of my head considering my current job is about revenue, not number of sales. I was so put off by his energy I forgot I had my brag book with my sales, rankings and commission pay stubs to show what I brought to my organization. He asked what other companies I was interviewing for and I was thinking why does that matter if I am here interviewing with you. The 2 women I interviewed with didn't make me feel like that, they were pleasant and had good energy. I didn't receive a offer but if I had to work for that manager I didn't want the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP in October 2016.

Interview

Thank Applied for the job on the ADP site. Received a call from the recruiter that week. I was set-up with a face to face interview with the VP of Sales. After that I had an interview with 2 executive sales managers and a small business executive. The meeting seemed to go well with one executive sales manager and the small business executive. The other manager was very ABRASIVE and Confrontational. She tried to discredit me the entire interview. It was more like an interrogation process. She was extremely unprofessional. I was also asked age related questions-when did I graduate and how old were my kids. A company that specializes in HR should know what questions NOT to ask. I did not think these questions were relevant. It is apparent that ADP only wants people in their mid 20's to early 30's check out most of the sales force profiles. It was even in their recruiting literature sent to me targeting millennials. Don't bother if you don't fit the age requirement even if your qualified. Waste of my valuable time. They also keep re-posting the position. The job has been open for over 6 months. Really no one is qualified?

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked what my commissions were over the last five years at my present job. Are you sure you will be satisfied with our salary since it will take 24-27 months to earn a commission since you exceeded your goal every year?   1 Answer

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in August 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with HR recruiter. 30 minute conversation and told I should expect to hear from the hiring manager in a couple days. I followed up after a week to learn that they actually lost my initial interview paperwork and I had to start from scratch. The HR recruiter said that ADP is always hunting for top sales talent in this role, but if you do your research they people ultimately in this role do not have lengthy sales backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience selling software products?   1 Answer

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then a recruiter reached out to me for a phone screen. After speaking with the recruiter, I was invited to come in for an in-person interview with the VP of Sales and a Manager. The interview went well, I researched the company extensively prior to the meeting, and I was able to clearly show my preparation. Next, I was invited back for a second round with two other managers. Again, thoroughly prepared I did well and was advanced to the final round which is a presentation and role play with the VP, two managers, and one of the reps. The recruiter emailed me the template for the presentation, and gave me helpful tips. The role play consists of "pitching" what you sell in your current position. I spent a week creating and practicing my presentation and role play. When it came time to present I was ready to show off all my hard work. I thought the presentation went well, and was told by everyone in the room that it was very well done, and better than most they see.
     Finally, it was time for the role play. For my current job I sell a complicated technical solution for a specialized industry, which is difficult to role play with people that don't have prior knowledge. The role play did not go as smoothly. However, I still thought I was the best fit for the role. A few days later it turned out they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Why ADP?
      Tell me about your current sales position (asked a lot of questions regarding this)
      What do you like to do on weekends?
      Why you for ADP?   Answer Question

Sep 7, 2016 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your unfortunate experience. It sounds like you were really prepared. Stay in touch with your recruiter and reach out periodically to see if new similar roles emerge.

Thank you!

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted two days after applying online by a recruiter. After an initial phone screen with the recruiter (easy, but thorough) I was invited for an in-person interview the following week. You'll need to complete a pre-formatted cover letter asking why you want to work at ADP beforehand. The interview consisted of an hour-long meeting with the Sales Executive, very friendly and professional, where I was asked about my background in detail, why ADP, my general sales abilities and strengths/weaknesses, etc. I then spoke for 30 minutes with the VP of Sales, and after, with another manager in Major Accounts.

Those I spoke with were extremely courteous and displayed a genuine interest in my background. They seek candidates of sound character and believe sales acumen can be built on top of that, so be sure to demonstrate a solid foundation of character, personality, and confidence before elaborating on specific sales skills.

As others here have said, one crucial thing to know is that they often don't have a vacant position immediately available and you'll be placed on the bench after receiving an offer. The waiting period can range from 2 weeks to 2 months and is largely dependent on the needs of the office where you're applying. This was the only downside to an otherwise very positive and professional interview experience.

Major Accounts Service Implementation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a good interview overall. The hiring managers were very friendly and made me feel comfortable which allowed me to be myself and answer questions accordingly. Definitely be yourself and don't try to fake a personality; it's very important you fit into the environment and part of that is being an individual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter who conducted a phone interview. From that, it was decided to move into the next process, meeting with a department manager. I never received a confirmation email from the recruiter providing me the address of the meeting or the name of the person I would be meeting. I had to send 3 messages asking to confirm, with the last one basically saying I would not be arriving since I was not confirmed for that time. Once I arrived for the interview, I mentioned the name I was given to meet with, but someone else showed up. It was a long drawn out almost 2 hour meeting. I was then brought back to meet with the Department Head and another manager. That meeting lasted only about 1/2 hour, which it actually took me longer to drive there than actually meet with them. They commented they had a full day of interviews and had to move onto the next. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• The standard, non-creative question, "What can you bring to this position?"   Answer Question

Jul 28, 2016 – Project Specialist

Sorry you had such a negative experience on your interview. We will escalate to the Allentown team. Thank you

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Meet with Regional Manager and VP. If they both want to see more you will have to do a presentation to secure the position. Regional Manager was a good, solid interviewer. The VP, unfortunately, was quite condescending. He looked at his email while I was talking multiple times and told me my resume wasn't very good. Being respectful of people's time and experience is key in these situations and his tone fell short in that regard.

Interview Questions

• Basic sales acumen and career path questions. The Regional Manager   Answer Question