ADP Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Standard process. Phone Screening followed by two interviews. The first interview is a face to face with a manager, and attempts to go through your information and background. The final interview is an entire day in the office, and then in the field, with the interview and mock sales meeting at the end.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Phila, PA).

Interview

Very informal and friendly, I felt extremely comfortable and myself the whole time. I was able to answer all the questions without hesitation of intimidation. There were no moments where I felt I did not know how to answer. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. The process moved rather quickly which I liked.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process started on the phone. The next week I had an interview in the office which went well. After that I met with two more representatives in the office. The same day they put me on some cold calls and gave me hands on experience. The whole interview process took only about a week. Ask for the job in your interview and don't be scared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me five good traits that good for sales and five bad traits in sales and they can't be opposite.   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the insights and feedback on your interview experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Hand an over the phone interview and an in person interview. Both interviews were pretty standard. If you really want to impress them know your information about the company before the interview.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and insight.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview lasted an hour with two people and I was never offered a drink. I found this extremely unprofessional. What made it worse was the interviewer was drinking an iced tea right in front of me.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the review of your interviewing experience.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP in March 2017.

Interview

Received email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was with talent acquisition specialist and went very well with lots of optimism. More challenging in-person interview (around thirty minutes) followed by a final phone interview. All were very professional and informative about the role. It is very important to be confident, convey why you want to work for ADP and why you're interested in sales specifically.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and welcome to the ADP team.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in March 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview, then a meeting with the different sales managers. Interviewed with over 10 different managers and employees, then did a ride a long with an employee. While most of the interviews were very casual, it was a long process

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through the ADP website for a sales role. Application is only a few questions, then you upload your resume and a cover letter if you'd like. I received an email to schedule a phone interview less than 12 hours later.

Senior Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

Interview

Conducted a preliminary phone call with a corporate recruiter who asked a number of HR related questions.

Second step included a sit down with the decision director, to whom I asked if there were any concerns with me delivering on the opportunity upon the close of the interview. Although he relied with no concerns, no third interview was offered.

Interview Questions

• What effect does HR have on the bottom line of a business?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The people at ADP and time spent during the field day interview process was wonderful, up to the point that I was offered a Sales Apprenticeship and then received a generic rejection e-mail a couple of days later. The managers even asked me about my availability for the internship. I followed-up after the interviews with both the managers and the recruiter, yet still only received a generic rejection e-mail and no response from the managers. It wasn't that I had a problem with the rejection e-mail; rather, that I received a generic e-mail after being offered an internship. ADP needs to work on their hiring process. I am not the only one that has had a negative outcome with ADP, I did my research on Glassdoor prior to this, I saw it coming. I found the process to be a good learning experience for myself, but I would not recommend others to consider working for ADP nor would I encourage any use of their service.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for this review of your interview experience. We will review internally with our sales teams.