ADP Small Business Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

3.1

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Brief recruiter phone screen, in person with a manager, ride along, and a closing pitch. Smooth process if you are comfortable in a sales position! You are provided all of the tools needed to be successful in the interview process!

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback from your interview experience.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process can be a little long as there are 4 interviews, but it was fairly laid back. I was thrown off when I was asked "what other companies are you interviewing with" because it seemed too personal and it made me comfortable and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 31, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback.

Small Business Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Worcester, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

First had a brief interview over the phone. Then I was invited to interview in the office. I Interviewed in front of two people. They asked behavioral and situational questions. Was told I would hear back about coming back in to interview with another member of the sales team. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you set a goal and didn't accomplish it?   Answer Question

Jun 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and rating of your ADP interview.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP in May 2017.

Interview

Had a brief interview on the phone and was invited to an in-person interview. Was supposed to meet with the VP of sales. When I got there, they said he was just finishing up another interview; however, I was eventually told that he was unavailable. I interviewed with a sales manager instead.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your thorough review of interviewing with ADP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Tucson, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screening through ADP recruiter. Asks basic questions, gives insight on compensation. Second one on one with sales executive. Runs through your resume, several tell me about a time style questions. One on one interview with Vice President of Small Business Sales. Sell yourself, few questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• Give five words to explain what makes a good sales person. 5 negatives   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was VERY fast (Denver) - had 1 phone interview and 3 in person interviews within 10 days. Very intense so research ADP before going in for your interviews. They are look for more personality than technical sales experience. If you get through the interviews, expect one in person interview with the Sales VP, a drive along with someone in your potential role and then a role play session with a sales manager. RESEARCH ADP BEFORE GOING IN! And don't be socially awkward ;)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied online and heard back pretty immediately from the recruiter. We set up a phone screen and I loved everything she had to say and we had a great conversation. We then set up a personal interview for the very next day. The personal interview felt more like a question drilling process rather than an interview. Be prepared for hard questions over and over and not getting to know you as a person. Didn't feel right.

Small Business Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There was a phone screen, in person interview with VP of Sales, interview with 3 sales managers, field shadowing (actually going with ADP member to sales meetings), and then role play (where you had to sell ADP to the VP of sales. I completed all of these in the span of a few days and was given an offer immediately following the role play.

Small Business SB - Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Tampa, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

a little long winded. I applied through indeed, Received a phone call the next day from a recruiter. Very nice girl was just trying to do a basic phone screening about my background at first, then set up another detailed phone interview with her later in the week. The phone interview went well asked me in for a face-to-face with a district manager at the local office. face-to-face was very basic again same redundant questions some situational and business appropriate questions. When they were telling the about ADP a little more in depth I could tell this was not a fit for me. Base pay for a scratch territory is very low about $37k with "average sales reps end of first year 60-80k" who stick around(most scratch territories with mostly commission start with a higher base pay say $50k, and then you ween off after a year into commission. that way you don't stress out too much to start and get your footing right. They could have at least started you off with a higher first quarter or 6 month salary, but it will stress you to work harder to get sales for them) I'm sure this either has to do with internal competition between reps geographically, or has to do with the incredibly high turnover rate of reps and they do not want to pay more for someone to just quit who cannot handle it. Then throughout both interviews the recruiter and the DM (interviewer) would use very corny buzz-words; Hunter, Rock-star, etc. for me just seemed like a little bit much. Overall interview was very basic but it does feel like ADP tried to hire talented individuals (a lot of them) in the hopes that at least half stick around. Throw enough crap at the wall something is bound to stick. I recommend this job to a motivated individual who does not have a lot of expenses out there.

Interview Questions

Was not for me, financially as a scratch territory, and as a company goes

Small Business Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on the ADP site and received an email 2 weeks later regarding a phone interview. I set up the phone interview and was ready at the appropriate time. The recruiter never called. I emailed the recruiter and never heard back from the recruiter. If this is how they treat their potential candidates, I hate to see how they treat their employees and customers.