ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,976 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

ADP Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Interview

I applied for a position via the portal. I was called by a recruiter for an initial screening, then had a phone interview with hiring manager. Next was a phone interview with two team leads, then finally an in person interview with two managers. Everyone was pleasant and supportive along the way.

Interview Questions

• There were no trick questions, nothing especially difficult or unexpected. Because my background and experience truly were a very good fit for the position, I just needed to answer the questions honestly.   Answer Question

Senior QA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

it was long interview. they were looking for mainframe, tax, payroll. i didnt put those in my resume, they shouldnt expected that from me.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews. In person interview. Shadow day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

First, I received an email to sign up for a brief phone screen which was quick and pleasant. The second step was a face to face interview which was conducted in house and was a very enjoyable experience. I sat down and interviewed with two different people that were very friendly and professional while also being very down to earth with the entire process. Once this was completed I received notification within 24 hours about the position and receiving an offer for it.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a question that I was not prepared for as they all relatively fit into the scope of the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP in March 2010.

Interview

Called for Interview for Architect position. Two rounds of interview and the interview was fairly complex.

Interview Questions

• How to implement thread pool which can pass through multiple layers   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

it should be simple and need to discuss about the experience .

Interview Questions

• Trying to ask weird questions which an experienced professional can't handle ..   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Three interviewers. One would ask a question and the other two would take notes. They would then trade off on who would ask the next question. The questions seemed canned.
    They asked that you answer the questions stating:
    Situation
    Task
    Action you took
    Resolution

Interview Questions

• I don't recall a difficult question. They were all straight forward and open ended.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter called with an offer. She called back later to agree to the salary I negotiated.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

A buddy of mine that was already working there told me about the position they had open. So I filled out my resume and walked it in. Two months later received a call to come in for intereview. Just basic questions tell me about yourself, past employment and so fourth. Then a week later received a call to come in for another interiew this time with Mgrs (2). Same typical questions about myself, past employment and questions on what I had experience with. A week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted offer.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview that included a 15 minute sales pitch to the hiring manager. Asked basic questions as well as in-depth questions about experience. They're looking for both a culture fit and a specific skill set as well as potential.

Interview Questions

• 15 minute sales pitch after 15 minutes of studying their compensation plans.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

Very thorough interview process with a phone interview followed by field ride and then another interview. They want to make sure they are investing in the right people.

Interview Questions

• There are many behavioral type questions asked in the interview   Answer Question