ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,905 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

New Grad Global Product Technology Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in November and didn't hear back until February. Which was fine, because of my circumstances at the time. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. First interview was in person, in office. Two very, very nice people talking generally over my resume. They told me then they wanted a second round. Heard back about that a few days later. Scheduling through the process was... a Struggle. I was in contact with 4 recruiters through the process so it made things strained as it was hard to know if everyone was on the same page. There was an instance where they didn't know what I was applying for and was giving me info a different position. I chalk this up to this is the first time this program has existed so I'm sure process will get better with time.

The second interview came away from my resume more but it was still the focus. Everyone I talked with was incredibly nice and supportive of the fact that I was still pursuing other companies at the same time. They (the interviewers) said that they though that we were good fits for each other. Got a (very generous) offer 3 business days later. They allowed me 2 weeks to make a decision and even extend that deadline when another company started signalling they were going to make an offer.

What sealed the deal for me was when one of my recruiters called me just to see what was on my mind and see what i was thinking, and obviously see what she could say to get me to go with ADP. She ultimately told me to go with my gut, even if that wasn't ADP. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. I went home and signed the offer that night, other offer unseen. I felt pursued, like they were fighting to get me which really helped that decision.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any tricky questions. It was all (mostly) from my resume, which I knew like the back of my hand. Know everything you have on there and be ready to talk about it.   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the fantastic review of your experience interviewing with ADP Alpharetta and welcome to the ADP family :) #hellowork

Outside Sales Representative - Melville, NY Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Melville, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their recruiters for a phone interview. Then was invited in for a one on one interview. After I was invited back to interview with 6 other people, then go on a ride along and finish with a role play.
    The interviews were fine, easy. Then I meet the kid who will be taking me on a ride along. First off his shirt and pants are extremely wrinkled and looked extremely unprofessional. We go into his car and their is dog hair everywhere, which I really didn't feel like lint rolling my entire suit after the process. I see where he keeps his papers, you'd think they'd be filed and organized, correct? No, this kids papers were literally scattered all around the back of the car and wrinkled just like his attire. He also did not prepare me for the role play at all, which the email said he would do.
    I finish and go into the room for role play, their supposed to give you 30 minutes to look over a scenario. I got 10, because they forgot to give me the paper. So, naturally I didn't excel in this portion of the process.
    I wouldn't of excepted the offer anyway because I didn't realize that before hand that you are selling a "service", not a tangible item. You're literally a phone solicitor on foot.

Member Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I attended this company interview process through institute. It has 4 rounds
    1. written
    2. TR
    3. TR
    4. HR

written test is very easy to clear as it consists of aptitude, reasoning, english and programming questions.

1st technical round was very easy about my project.
    2nd technical round was little tough (all about collection framework, advanced java).
    didn't clear 2nd TR.

Interview Questions

• core java(access modifiers, abstraction, collection frame work), advanced(servlet lifecycle, html coding, jdbc connection).   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The recruiter conducted a phone interview, then I was called in for two face to face interviews before I was offered the job. The conducted a background check and drug test. Once everything was cleared ADP sent me a offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed in spanish to see how well my spanish skills where.   Answer Question

Member Technical Staff, Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview Process consisted of 3 rounds. Initially there was a screening test with 3 sections (Quants + Logical + Technical). Those who cleared the first round were called for technical interview followed by hr discussion. The technical interview was based on concepts of Java, SQL and some resume related questions. They were particularly looking for someone with strong SQL background.

Client Services Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

After my initial application submission, I was contacted by email in about a week or so. This email was to set up my telephone interview with the recruiter. I was available when the recruiter called and the conversation went really well. They recruiter was very professional and polite. He informed me that he would be forwarding my name to the next level in the interview process. That was an interview with the department directors. I was contacted by email to give me instructions for the next step. I was given a time and address to show up. I showed up about 15 min early but had to wait in the lobby after checking in about 10 min past my interview time. A young lady came out to get me and another lady and she escorted us into the business area and showed us to our interview rooms. My interview was with three members of the staff. They were all department directors. They were very nice and professional but one lady seemed to not be as interested because she yawned a lot during the interview. The interview seemed to go well, it lasted about 45 to 50 minutes. I was asked if I had any questions and i asked about 2-3 questions for them. I was then escorted out and told that I would be hearing something soon about the next stage. It was about a week that passed and I was contacted via email by the initial recruiter telling me that he had talked with the directors and they enjoyed the interview with me but due to the high competitiveness of this position, I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, which animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter, interview with the VP, field ride with a sales rep, another interview with a sales executive, and a final role play of a sales pitch.

Senior Software Engineer Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (Pune (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I went down for a supposedly a mega walkin drive at ADP on 15th july. I reached 15 mins early then the specified time. The guard didn't let me in untill it was exact time. We all were sitting outside in the parking.. This is worst way to treat an interviewee.
    Once we got in there was not more than 6 candidates were waiting in that room.
    They start taking interviews. I think there was 1 technical 1 managerial and last HR round.

I was called for techical round. N gave interview for 1.25 hour.. Was only unable to answer 3 questions out of almost 30+. Still they told me that the interview didnt went well.

It seems to they were selecting their relative or so

Interview Questions

• Basics of java Oops, basics of Exception handling, collections framework in deep, web Services especially REST, basics of maven etc.   1 Answer

Jul 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the response and sorry for the negative experience. We will share this review with our HR leaders to improve our processes.

Member Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP (Pune (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview consisted of following rounds: Written Test followed by first face 2 face round which consisted of questsions based on the written test and basics of technology check questions. Later followed by Manager round. Later followed by Senior Managerial Onsite Team

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the insights int your ADP interview experience.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The ADP interviewing process is very impersonal. You are sent an email with times to schedule what they call a phone interview. You are contacted at that particular time by someone in a call center who essentially just reads from a script. The person knows nothing about the position, the call is recorded for "quality assurance" and you basically just regurgitate everything that's already listed on your resume as they type your responses into a computer. I know ADP fancies itself as some sort of innovative HR giant but this whole way of screening candidates is completely, as I said, impersonal and inefficient. The person did not ask me anything that wasn't on my resume so they were essentially doing a completely redundant job. I realize ADP probably recieves thousands of resumes a day but it seems like they have the technology available to screen resumes without using this third-party. It felt like a waste of my time and theirs. When I received an email a couple of weeks later to self-schedule an in-person interview I decided this just isn't the company for me. When looking for a job you have to remember you are also looking for somewhere that's going to be a good fit for you personally. I feel that a company culture where people can't be bothered to personally review a resume and make human contact to request an interview is a company that doesn't value it's employees; you're basically just a nameless cog in the machine. I do realize this has become the norm with many large companies but this could also be the reason that employees feel under-valued and aren't loyal. This company may be a great opportunity for some but I prefer to feel at least a little valued by my employer and I think it's a bad sign when you don't even work there yet and they aren't making any effort to build a relationship with you.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume, job by job and describe your top three duties in each position.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a no-compete agreement?   Answer Question
    • Have you been working with any other recruiters at ADP (meaning they have to split their coveted commission if you were and you end up being hired)   Answer Question

Jul 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for providing this feedback. We will share with our HR teams.

Associate Client Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (El Paso, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

First you would have a phone interview which would determine if you would get an in person interview. Phone interview consisted of just going over resume submitted as well as some situational questions. If selected to continue they call and schedule an in person interview. Then generally 2 additional in person interviews each with a gradually higher executive. In-person interview were mostly situational questions which I answered by stating a situation, action, and result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer.   1 Answer

Jul 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback on your ADP interview in El Paso.