ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ADP

2,723 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Sacramento, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone interview with a nice lady who asked basic questions. I was then given a personal interview with the VP of the company. After this I was not contacted at all and did not know if i was going to go any further in the interview process.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview that included a 15 minute sales pitch to the hiring manager. Asked basic questions as well as in-depth questions about experience. They're looking for both a culture fit and a specific skill set as well as potential.

Interview Questions

• 15 minute sales pitch after 15 minutes of studying their compensation plans.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

Very thorough interview process with a phone interview followed by field ride and then another interview. They want to make sure they are investing in the right people.

Interview Questions

• There are many behavioral type questions asked in the interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter after an employee referral. Set up a phone interview which was more like a conversation than an interview. Next was an on-site interview with sales manager. Pretty easy interview as well. Stopped the process when I was offered a different job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP (Woodland Hills, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very biased toward sales professionals coming in from other industries although this position is entry level

Interview Questions

• The turnaround in the interview when the manager converts the conversation into a role play and asks for hypothetical objections.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2008.

Interview

Was sent to an ADP recruiter by a third party recruiter
    Had phone interview with ADP recruiter
    Was sent to interview with local sales manager
    Had ride along with another sales rep
    Had another interview with regional sales manager
    Had a web conference interview with a Vice President of the company

Had a really hard time getting the "Final word" because of illnesses, managers travelling, etc. Then, they ended up not even hiring anyone for the position because they didn't have it in their budget. It was a really long process only to be let down, but I understand that sort of thing happens in large corporations. The recruiter was really good to keep me in the loop, and I could tell this was definitely a "professional" organization.

Interview Questions

• Typical sales questions.....how do you get to the decision maker? What are your strengths? weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Buena Park, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was nothing out of the ordinary. Phone interview, face to face, ridealong, and then a rols play. I was not offered the position because they didnt think sales was the number 1 career path in my eyes. They are nothing but sales driven! Sell, sell, sell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied through linkedin and got a call from a recruiter about a week later, prior to the phone interview you need to do a quick online interview, Pretty basic questions (Why ADP, Why sales, Time you had to negotiate, etc. Then went in for an in-person interview with the VP of sales in my area. Thought the interview went really well and he asked me to reach out to him in a weeks time but after I tried calling twice I never got through and havent heard back from them since. Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had do negotiate? If so, how did that work out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP (Long Beach, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Quick phone call interview, they give you a good grasp on what to expect.

Interview Questions

• What draws you to want to work for ADP?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I interviewed at ADP in August 2013.

Interview

Received phone and then in person interview. Phone interview was very general asking questions about qualifications and reason for looking for a new job. In person interview was all over the place in questions. Asked questions about when I graduated High School and College, He even tried to guess my age, asked when I got my married and what my spouse did for a living. Completely unprofessional interview and those questions asked were 100% illegal and irrelevant to the job.

Interview Questions

See What ADP Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Associate District Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros: “The ADP ADM interview process sets up each candidate with success, as you meet with key employees that have worked hard to get to the position they currently hold. Chuck Lacy is an...”“The ADP ADM interview process sets up each candidate with success, as you meet with key employees that have worked hard to get to the position they currently hold. Chuck Lacy is an inspirational leader and makes the success of his team as a priority before himself. A true leader. On my first day I was welcomed and introduced to everyone in the office. What I enjoy most about ADP is you become family right away and EVERYONE is there to answer questions and help you succeed. As an ADM you also take part in a training class of other ADM's who started at the same time as you across the nation! I have made a lot of relationships with those in Seattle and those in my ADM class. I also have met a lot of great clients as I strive hard to meet my goals and find those businesses that can benefit from ADP!” – Full Review