ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017
1,710 Interview Reviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through the ADP website for a sales role. Application is only a few questions, then you upload your resume and a cover letter if you'd like. I received an email to schedule a phone interview less than 12 hours later.

Associate Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Bait and switch. They were recruiting for a 1-2 year level developer but were interviewing for a 6+ year person instead. It seems they just wanted someone with senior experience who was willing to work for junior pay. It was a two stage process: phone screen and in person panel.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement a multi-threaded application in Java?   Answer Question

ADP Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for this negative experience. We have escalated this review to our Alpharetta HR team.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was fast and absolutely wonderful! The recruiter was great and went above and beyond from start to finish. Best experience I've had so far! First impression counts and it has been great. I can't wait to start!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate! Excellent offer!

HCM Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP in February 2017.

Interview

I applied back in November 2016 and received an email in December to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and it was basically someone reading questions and typing answers. Didn't really get much input from this interview. I asked some questions that the person was unable to answer. And then in January 2017, I received another email to schedule another phone interview with one of the team members. The interview was more of a conversation. More unconventional questions were asked. I guess to gauge someone's character. About a week or so, I received another email to inform me that I am moving to the next step which is an in-person interview. The interview lasted about an hour. It was a panel interview with 2 managers that were in the office and 2 other managers were conferenced in. They made the whole process comfortable. They were very informative and again, it was more conversational rather than the usual formal interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted directly by ADP recruiter who was upbeat through the entire process and kept my interest in the position with frequent updates. Phone interview screens were by recruiter, dept coworker, and manager.

The focus seemed to vacillate between prove tech/analytic skill, then focus on interpersonal, then back to analytic. I was given a data problem to solve/present for the in person interview which I appreciated as a way to show my problem solving ability. However, the 'intended audience' was less clear, so with just a few screens to show, it was unclear if was presenting to a technical audience, sales team, executive summary, or having an exploratory two way discussion.

The interview panel was 4 people, 1 by phone, 1 by webcam, 2 in person spanning just under an hour in time, without an expectation set of how long the interview would be up front. I anticipated a longer duration since I've had prior interviews with this number of people/complexity last 2-2.5 hours, though somewhat sequentially (1/2 hour each person). Most of the questions seemed in line with expectations of a business analyst position. It had about the right mix of "check box" type questions and open ended "describe to me" type questions.

There wasn't an opportunity to show portfolio items of related projects completed. The opportunity for open two way discussion about a typical workday barely made it into discussion which was unfortunate since one of my interests in considering ADP was discovering what defined their culture / where I could add the most value. However, with 30 seconds counting down till the hour was up the ability to engage in discussion about seeing if ADP was the right fit felt unavailable.

Overall, I think the recruiting process was top notch with the recruiter and the interview process quite respectful. It didn't feel like a grilling session, though many questions required thinking in the moment. A better idea of interview duration and content/audience bounds for sample project would have been helpful. Mandatory disclosure of 'prior pay' without time set aside in the interview to discuss benefits/culture/work environment creates a chasm of unknowns where I felt awkward information asymmetry and knowing what the top challenges of the position would be.

Non-acceptance for the position was via a one line automated email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience using different types of data sources.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter and I had a 30 minute conversation about the job, what the interview process would look like, the joob salary and ADP benefits. Went over job skill set and basic job information as well.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Applied online, was sent an email to schedule a phone interview which was through a pretty cool automated system, but the phone interview itself felt very impersonal. The person (I hesitate to say recruiter) was obviously reading from a script and did not know the details of the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you had at your most recent job.   Answer Question

NAS HCM Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was super easy. I had a recruiter who was in constant contact with me throughout the process, and I was able to rely upon them for updates on the process as it was carried out.

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Findlay, OH).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and by the end of the day had set up a face to face interview. The interview lasted about an hour and ended with a tour. By the end of the week they had extended a job offer.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

The recruiter discussed there would be 4 stages to the interview. First, would be a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter to discuss the job requirements and your general qualifications. The hiring manager would give a thumbs up or down within about 4 days. If you passed this stage, the next step is a video interview with the hiring manager. This would take about 48 hours to setup once confirmed. After that, stage 3 is an in person interview, followed up by stage 4 which is possibly an executive interview. The entire process would take up to about 4 weeks. Recruiter encouraged applicant to contact them if the process seemed to be slowed down.