ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017
1,976 Interview Reviews

Interview

During the phone interview the hiring manager talked about my resume and some behavioral questions. She also talked about what the company does and what the position does. They asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Aug 29, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your response and rating and welcome to the ADP team.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Received an initial 30 minute phone screening, followed by a in-person interview. Managers were laid back and nice. Majority of the questions were behavioral questions. After the interview, I received a call saying they would like to move forward to the next round of interviews. This included a ride along, presentation, and role play. I prepared for the presentation and role play for a week. I then received a call from a different recruiter saying they decided to move forward with other candidates. Therefore, I wasted a week preparing for my role play and presentation. Unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced rejection and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Aug 21, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Brief recruiter phone screen, in person with a manager, ride along, and a closing pitch. Smooth process if you are comfortable in a sales position! You are provided all of the tools needed to be successful in the interview process!

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest risk of hiring you?   1 Answer

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback from your interview experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Basic Interview. Put a lot of stress on how you can sell yourself under pressure. Briefly described the steps following if you were to be moved on in the process and said Ill turn it over to you, "Tell me about yourself".

Implementation Specialist Interview

Interview

Unpleasant. Called to say that the job was filled internally. Asked questions to sort of fill time I guess. Said I would be getting a call or an email follow-up and I received nothing. Pretty lame.

Interview Questions

• The interview started out stating the position I was applying for / expecting to interview for was already filled internally.   Answer Question

Outside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Melville, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

First the recruiter reached out to me, she asked a few questions and I was asked to go in for an in person interview. I met with the manager the next week. I was asked about past success and why I was looking to leave my current position. I answered all questions and I felt the interviewer was impressed by my answers. After the in person interview I did a ride along. This is where you shadow another rep to get an understanding of the day to day role. I then sent my thank you letter and waited, only to find out they decided on another candidate. Its funny because I felt everything went great.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Client Support Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Augusta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on Indeed. I got a phone interview a few days later. Then, I went on a group interview in Augusta, GA. 1 female manager and 1 male trainer. Both were going through the motions. I learned very few facts about the position. They were both vague and it felt like pulling teeth. Finally, I decided that there was no point in asking questions. I got up and so did they and I left the building happy to not have to come back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when.... What are your positive and negative attributes.   1 Answer

Aug 29, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for providing your feedback on your interview experience.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had the first in person interview and it went very well. They wanted to make sure everyone was comfortable and able to answer the questions honestly. They asked about former jobs and asked for specific examples of things in your career.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience and welcome to the ADP team.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Canceled once due to technical difficulties after I took time off from current job. Then on reschedule tell had to wait over 30 minutes to track down another person to do interview, 1st person would not answer phone from reception. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as discouraging as it was. We hope you will continue to apply and visit openings for ADP roles in the Chicago area.

SBS District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP (Louisville, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

For over a month now I have been in an "interview process" with ADP. It's taken forever for me to get any sort of feedback from them. I started with a basic phone interview followed by a facetime interview about a week and a half later. I emailed the lady I facetimed with a thank you email and had no response for a week. She finally responded and said she would like me to go on a ride along. I then got an email from a recruiter telling me I made it to the final interview process, confirming my ride along time, and telling me to prepare for the role play portion. I did my ride along last Wednesday (1 week ago) and sent the girl I rode with, the recruiter, and the hiring manager all a thank you email. I have yet to hear back and am just expecting a rejection email at this time. I know for a fact I am very qualified for this position and I think the way the interview process was handled is very unprofessional. It's been honestly a waste of my time with so little feedback. I do not recommend interviewing for this company as there are many more professional companies who will respect your time a little more.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you failed at something and how did you deal?   Answer Question

Sep 11, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing you experience with us. We would like to know more about you situation, especially if you still have not heard back from your recruitment team. Please contact us at... More