ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017
1,706 Interview Reviews

Senior Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

Interview

Conducted a preliminary phone call with a corporate recruiter who asked a number of HR related questions.

Second step included a sit down with the decision director, to whom I asked if there were any concerns with me delivering on the opportunity upon the close of the interview. Although he relied with no concerns, no third interview was offered.

Interview Questions

• What effect does HR have on the bottom line of a business?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone interview was awkward. Spoke with someone who mumbled and seemed completely uninterested in the Interview. A lot of his questions were repetitive and the interview ended with dead air and then an abrupt and obviously scripted outro.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you were not able to appease an angry customer.   Answer Question

Implementation Project Manager (Major Accounts) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview was easy. Recruiter was very thorough in explaining position as well as company history.
    Face to Face interview was fairly easy. Interviewed by 2 people (panel)...one person in-house the other via telephone.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The total interview process took 3 weeks, and consisted of a phone interview, 60 min computer assessment and onsite interview. My onsite interview experience was not as expected. I was never asked to spill out the 60-second personal statement I wrote or the 12 open ended questions I prepared for. I was told that I would hear something back in the week. I thought the interview went great as I was well prepared and totally wanted this job. The very next day, talent called to tell me that I was not qualified after all. Totally disparaging.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the role?   1 Answer

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application and was first contacted by a recruiter via email. A phone interview was scheduled.
    The phone interview consisted of questions explain your jobs listed on your resume and why you would be a good fit for this position. Within 2 days, I was scheduled for a f2f group interview with 2 managers and a team lead.
    The f2f interview consist of analytical and behavioral questions along with providing plenty of examples from precious jobs based on scenarios that were given. This was for 30 minutes. If you pass that part of the interview, they put you in another room with a different manager to do a assimilation test. I heard back a few days later to schedule a final interview with the VP.
    The final interview was more so relaxed with the VP getting a feel for you to see if you really are a good fit for this position. Within a few days, I was offered the position. :-)

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Augusta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interviews I went through. I went through an over the phone interview that were basic questions about your experience. Then they send you an assessment. Upon passing that, you then get emailed a cheat sheet for the next interview which helped a GREAT DEAL. I had an onsite interview with two wonderful managers, male and female. It was so relaxed and I was able to be myself. That cheat sheet helped so be sure to use it!!! .They asked more why do you want to work here, and more situational based questions. Make sure you ask questions as well. I then got another email about one other interview. I moved on to the next interview with the department director which also was great. Everything seemed good. The process is LONG!! I didn't get many updates on the status between my last interview and my final decision which I feel, would be more helpful. I got a phone call a MONTH later with my denial, the lady that called me talked so fast and was a bit rude hence I was already receiving a denial. I didn't even get to ask why because after I said OK, She hung up. But overall, great experience.

Enterprise Monitoring Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on ADP site..
    I received a call for HR screening. HR discussed salary expectations..$130K base + benefits
    Later I did on get mail for further interviews, on sending mail to HR, I was informed my salary expectations were higher.. I reduced the salary expectation to $115K base..

Then HR scheduled a telephone interview... After the telephone interview face to face interview was arranged with 4 people..

Interview Questions

• Initial interview questions about my experience with monitoring tools which they were using as well..
      Later interviewers were expecting more programming skills.. and not just scripting knowledge in HP vugen...
      They plan to build APIs for monitoring and hence need a person who is more of a programmer.
      some of the programming questions asked:
      What is your favorite language?
      How do you count lines in Unix?
      Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Findlay, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview to go over my resume and then was contacted to have an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of four members of the organizations ask me about my prior position and questions regarding working for ADP and the particular client they recruit for. I also was given a "written prompt" of responding to and email and being able to delegate my time after a meeting and knowing what I should do based off the importance of the task. Lastly, I was given a very brief tour of the building and then shadowed two employees and what they do as a coordinator. There was no follow up after the shadowing of the employees, the last individual just walked me out of the building.

Interview Questions

• Do I make mistakes at my current job and how do I handle or correct those mistakes.   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to ADP online via their career site in December 2016. In Jan mid, I got an email asking me to schedule a phone interview. Last week I had the phone interview with a recruiter, which went good. I was asked all basic questions beginning with tell me about yourself and then about the projects that I had worked on. This week I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was asked about my career goals, about my professional background and other basic questions. The overall experience was pleasant. :)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email 2 days later to set-up a phone interview. Completed the phone interview and same day received an email to complete an online assessment. This assessment consisted of a phone simulation test, a timed 20 question test, and a personality test. Make sure to provide realistic answers to the personality test and don't work too fast on the timed test! Two days later I received a phone call from a recruiter that I passed to the next step of the process and I would be emailed with times to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was conducted by two hiring managers for 30 minutes and the final 30 minutes was more relaxed with the upper manager. I was well prepared by researching popular interview questions and behavioral questions as well. Make sure to review the prep interview forms the recruiter emails you, ask a lot of good questions to the hiring managers, learn all you can about the job/ADP, and just be confident in yourself!! Two days later got a call that I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What motivates you?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What do you know about ADP?
      How can you handle a difficult client?
      Answer Question