ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017
2,073 Interview Reviews

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying for the position, I was contacted via email within 24 hours for phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes involving general questions based on your current job experience. After this process I was asked to complete the online assessment. The online assessment takes about 60 minutes. It has about 3 sections; 20 coding questions in 10 minutes, 4 customer calls scenarios simulation and about 100 personality questions. Still in the process of going to an in-person interview in the next few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to handle angry customer and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Oct 23, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the honest, thorough and insightful assessment of your interview with ADP.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP in October 2017.

Interview

I first got an on-site interview at a conference. It's a behavior interview. Followed up with a skype interview. All about the information you put in the resume. So be careful about what you put, if you are not completely familiar with them, don't put them on the resume.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 23, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback and insights into your review experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP in October 2017.

Interview

process = Phone interview, in person interview with vp sales in sbs division, then interview with other ppl, ride along, then mock sales call....... IF you are looking to be treated like a rag doll in an interview process this is for you. I interviewed at ADP 4 times and every time made it to the second round and no further. they interview 5-10 people every week even when they are not in need of hiring people. the recruiter literally told me they are above head count, but we still need to interview ppl...... other times they told me I am a great candidate, but they reached capacity and to go interview at this other location, but that vp stood me up to play golf or something

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume, why would you want to work for us when you have a background that is not payroll?   Answer Question

Oct 30, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will share this review with our Talent Acquisition leaders.

Client Solution Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP in October 2017.

Interview

Set up a phone interview time a few days in advance. Interviewer was very pleasant to speak with and made the process very comfortable. This interview was more about expanding and confirming information provided in the resume with a few " tell me a time when..." questions. Afterwards, was sent an email with an assessment. Still pending review in the interview process, it does take a while.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to deescalate a customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Oct 30, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience around the Client Solution Specialist role.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Submitted the application through their career site along with a cover letter and a resume. The whole process from applying to offer letter took what felt like a long time. I can't quite remember but I believe it was at least 2-2.5 months. Interviewing staff was very nice and seemed enthusiastic about me joining the team. The offer and benefits are great and it seems like a nice office to work for.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of STAR questions. One was "Describe a time when you worked with a team and what the outcome was."   1 Answer

Nov 6, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the positive review of the ADP recruitment staff at our Norfolk location and welcome to the ADP team.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I recently interview at ADP. I had a phone screening. It was very thorough and they ask a lot of questions. They used your past experiences to figure out your thought process and how would you react in certain situations. I haven’t received a phone call yet but I am hoping I do. I enjoy work like this. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Nov 6, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience around ADP Alpharetta.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an initial interview with the recruiter over the telephone. She then set up an in person interview with the hiring manager and members of the legal team at ADP. The recruiter - Ms. Reilly was professional, and helpful. After she determined that I had the underlying skill set needed for the job she set everything up for the in person interview with a group of 5 different people. She followed up with me promptly and assisted me through the next steps. She provided guidance and answered all my questions in a timely and thorough manner. She is a great ambassador for the Company. The recruitment process was professional and fair. Treated me well with a lot of respect.

Interview Questions

• How would I cope being in an environment where the workload was relentless and daunting?   1 Answer

Nov 6, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with your recruiter and the relationship they were able to build over the hiring process. Welcome to the ADP team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Maitland, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Quiz on grammar and spelling
    3. Pre-screen (outsourced, felt like it was the gentleman's first experience)
    4. In person interview (so far one week for everything)
    5. Webcam interview (was told it was going to be just a conversation...felt more like an interrogation)
    About a month into the process...and after way too much communication...been absolutely zero communication.
    I felt like they were questioning why I had even applied for the job and almost like they were talking me out of it.
    I was told by the department head, I would hear in a week...it's been two and nothing.

Interview Questions

• When has been a time you could not solve a problem?   1 Answer

Nov 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact us adp_talent_community@adp.com if you have yet to hear back on your status.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online where I was required to provide basic information about myself. At the end of the online application an assessment on grammar is given. The next step in the process was a phone interview with a recruiter. This part of the interview consisted of education, work history, salary expectations, there were also several "story" type questions. Because the interviewer is merely transcribing the interview for a hiring manager to go over, the entire process seemed inhuman and awkward. Many times I had to repeat myself, because the interviewer hadn't been able to type everything in a timely manner. After this process another online assessment is sent to be completed. This assessment starts of with a 20 question timed (10 minute) test that assess basic math and bookkeeping skills. The second part of the test consist of 3 mock calls (which test your ability to upset, handle upset customers, and customers with late payments) that are to be completed within a 30 minute time limit. Finally there is the personality assessment that consists of around 40-60 questions. After completely this I was told I would be contacted with 1-2 weeks about whether or not I would move onto the next step of the process. 3 weeks have passed and I have yet to be contacted.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Nov 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience in the Tempe location. If you feel comfortable, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com so we can track down your status within our... More

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and we scheduled a phone screen. The recruiter had explained that the phone call would be very conversational and wouldn't ask any interview-related questions. Two minutes later, they started hammering me with STAR questions (which is fine but why lie about the phone conversation being 'conversational'?) As he was explaining about the role, he seemed to have hated his job and sounded very monotone. Because of the fact that the actual recruiter seemed to not be enthusiastic about the company, I decided to part ways and not move forward with the interview process.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the interview experience.