ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ADP

2,718 Interview Reviews

2.9

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP in April 2016.

Interview

CB interviewed me and was like a dead fish. Hardly spoke and felt as though I had to pull words out of them as they did not know how to lead a conversation, OR they were not prepared for interview. The attitude was as if the boss forced them to reach out to me in order to meet a candidate interview quota and they loathed speaking. Closed the interview by asking if I would be a good fit, and they said yes. That's it, just yes. Said they would follow up on Friday, never did, and sent no less than three emails to follow up over the next few days. What a waste of time, and how unpleasant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and recieved a phone call (after a week) from a recruiter top schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I went into the office for a face-to-face interview with the manager.

The interviewer was completely unprofessional, was late to the interview, and even read a text during the interview! She seemed uninterested in anything I had to say the entire time I was there. The whole thing lasted maybe 10 minutes and she walked me to front door without even saying a word. I didn't even get an email saying that I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 3, 2016 – Project Specialist

We apologize for the experience that you had with ADP. It is always out intention to provide the best candidate experience throughout the entire interview process and hope that you will keep us in... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

3 step interview process. Initial brief phone interview, which was very easy and asked basic questions. About a week later was an In person interview with the manager. Not too difficult asked relatively basic interview questions. About a week after that was a ride along with an employee and then a Role play process and final interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADP (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview questions were intense and tough, but the interviewers make you feel comfortable. For the most part, they just want to figure out more about you. You will be asked to go on a "field-ride" with a current employee to shadow and learn more about the day to day activities and expectations. The field ride is pretty relaxed. The in-person formal interview is a little more intense and you'll be thrown some unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the last lie you told and why?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What is the last good book you read?
      Tell me about a time you failed and how you recovered?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX).

Interview

The HR person was unprofessional and rude. It was a phone interview and she asked me to "walk through my resume", which is a big red flag with the interviewing process. That meant she not only didn't look at my resume, she didn't bother to. What a waste of time. And asked me,"why did I want to work here". Another red flag. She also told me there were a lot of talented candidates to consider. Which again is another red flag. I'm sick of these unprofessional companies not asking qualifications with my skills or past job experiences. It's frustrating.

Interview Questions

• "Walk me through your resume"
      "Why do you want to work here"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It consisted of three interviews. 1st is a phone interview. 2nd interview was with VP of Sales. 3rd interview is a field day. The third interview it is an 8 hour day where you ride along with one of their current employees and see what the job consists of. Then once you come back, you have an interview with 3 managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Very extensive in-office interview that lasts up to 5 hours and is followed with a sales simulation which was fairly difficult to think of on the spot. Started with a phone interview with a recruiter which was just your basic 1st interview that consisted of behavior based questions. From there I had a 1on1 Face time interview with the VP of sales that was a little more extensive. The final round interview was essentially you driving around with a sales rep and shadowing them for the entire day.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application online for the position and an HR recruiter contacted me via email to schedule a phone screen interview. He forwarded my information to the hiring manager and about a week later I went to the office for an interview with him. Pretty standard experience, no curve ball questions. They took about 1.5 weeks to get back to me about scheduling a day for a field ride. But before you do the field ride, you need to interview with 3 managers. They all ask the same types of questions. I send thank you letters and follow-ups to everyone I've met with. No one has reached out to give me any updates on the process. It's been about 3 weeks and not a single word. Do not get your hopes up if they do not contact you after interviewing, simply move on. Go to their competitor. I find it extremely unprofessional that they would string you along and then never have the decency to say they found a better candidate/etc.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 28, 2016 – Project Specialist

Sorry for this negative experience. If you would like to be more specific in details so we can escalate to the proper channels, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank You

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website for a position, got a call from the recruiter for a simple phone interview. Invited immediately for an in person with the VP of Sales. Did really well with that and was invited for a ride along which was also great. No one contacted me after that so I followed up and was invited for the final interview which was also a 20 minute role play. I did extremely well on that and every manager said so as well. I felt extremely confident and I also had 3 years of sales experience.They said I would hear back by the following Friday and it has been OVER A MONTH with nothing. I haven't heard from anyone and have followed up with EVERYONE. This is extremely unprofessional and a joke that your company has a hiring process like this. Have the courtesy to at least let someone know, remember you were interviewing for the same job at one point. I wouldn't even accept the job now if they offered it to me. Don't waste your time especially if you have to travel,there are plenty of other companies who offer the same perks and salary/commission structure.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jul 28, 2016 – Project Specialist

We apologize for your negative experience. We have escalated to our San Diego Sales recruitment team and if you wish to follow up with more details, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com... More

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

ADP employee referred me to a position and connected me with a recruiter, Phone interview with Recruiter, in person interview with Sales Manager, ride day with sales rep, in person interview with VP of sales