ADP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017
1,871 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was granted a phone interview and in person interview in the same week. In person interview was with the on site manager and a off site manager by way of the phone. Was selected for a final phone interview the next day and received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult experience with a client over the phone.   Answer Question

May 1, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and welcome to the ADP team!

Client Support Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Maitland, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was quiet easy. I applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 30 minute's and after the interview the recruiter asked me to wait for an email with a link for the online assessment.
    The online assessment went okay and I'm still waiting for a feedback from them.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you received excellent customer service?   Answer Question

May 15, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback.

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Louisville, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

Brief conversation with recruiter, who was very engaging. After that there was a 30 minute interview with a Lead Architect via video conference. That interview was a mix of technical and behavioral questions. No quizzes on language semantics or anything like that; more questions around general technical concepts and processes. Received notification 2 weeks later stating they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you do that would annoy other people?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous development)?   Answer Question
    • What types of people do you have difficulty working with?   Answer Question

May 15, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Pasadena, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Lots of calling back and forth to the east coast with no follow up from ADP locally in CA. I was very surprised by the lack of professionalism in the interview. The hiring manager showed up almost 2 hours late to the appointment. He didn't seem to have many questions prepared, but did talk quite a bit about the company and the current situation. After taking 20+ hours to prepare a business case for them; little to no attention was paid to it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used data to solve a user issue.   Answer Question

May 31, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your commentary on your interview experience with ADP.

Interface Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward, phone interview with the recruiter to go over resume and job experience. In person interview after that with managers from the department. Questions are pretty standard situational/behavioral questions, STAR format answers. There were some hiccups after that with finalizing everything, but the recruiter was very open and kept in contact throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a team leader position, how do tailor your communication to the different personalities on your team?   1 Answer

May 31, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and welcome to the ADP team. :)

Lead Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Norfolk, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in late March 2017. I had a phone screen with the recruiter in April of 2017. I then interviewed with 4 people on 4 different weeks last interview was May 2017. All the interviews that i did were online via video/webcam. I told the last that I had offers on the table and that I really wanted to work at ADP. I had the offer that night! 1st day was 3 weeks later. Background Check was an online form. Received Clearance to start 1 week after I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review and welcome to the ADP team.

Principal Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was comprised of a phone screening followed by a 2 hour in-person interview with the team I would be working with. I was a little shocked when the phone screening with the hiring manager was essentially finished in about 10 minutes without us really getting into anything of significance, but no big deal. A few days later I came in to the Alpharetta, Georgia office for the in-person interview which for the most part went OK. Some of the questions were a little clunky, but nothing that isn't inside the normal bounds of what you would normally see in a panel interview with a bunch of technical people. I felt like the questions were fair and allowed them to achieve their goal of determining if I had the technical knowledge required for the role I was interviewing for.

My negative review isn't in relation to the screening or the interview itself, but what is either an extremely slow hiring process by the company itself or the internal recruiter that I was working with who was impossible to connect with and was extremely undependable in responding, including promising to connect on several specific dates and times only to not respond to calls or emails at those promised times. I'm fairly certain the only reason I was able to get connected with this person at all is because my acquaintance who works there who was referring me had to reach out to them directly.

The team was interested in hiring me, but unfortunately they could not make a competitive offer to me inside the range that I had discussed with the internal recruiter, which is no big deal. The internal recruiter offered to help me in applying for other roles at the company since I had a positive interview and seemed like a good fit for the company, which just never got going. I applied for a couple of different positions online that I was interested in, but there was no activity on my applications and the internal recruiter became impossible to connect with. At one point I figured this person was no longer with the company, only to get a message from them that they would connect with me soon only to not hear from them for over a week.

After over 2 months of this frustrating process, unfortunately I have had to give up on working at ADP, which is too bad because I've heard nothing but good things about what it is like to work there. It just isn't realistic to think that you can hire anyone of quality if you take so long to correspond with them . . . they will be hired by someone else.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your negative experience. We will escalate this review to our internal teams within ADP HR Alpharetta.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Plain and dry. There was no dialogue like a typical interview. I really felt like I was interviewing with a robot programmed to record responses and then move on to the next question. I can't hold it entirely against the company as every individual is different, but I also have to believe that part of the experience was reflective of the training.

Interview Questions

• What was a personal experience that really set the stage for who you are today and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Jun 12, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback on your interview experience.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Roseland, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in mid-March. I heard back a few days later and had a phone interview scheduled for the end of the month, after which I was required to send over a few PowerPoint and writing samples to see if I would move on to the next stage. I was glad to hear that I would move on to the next stage, and I had an interview scheduled for the first week of April.

The original recruiter I spoke with was suddenly out of office, so I was connected with a new recruiter to take me through the process. After my first in-person interview, I emailed the person I had met with to thank them for their time, and waited to hear back. I heard back from the recruiter a few days later, mid-April, and was told that I had two interviews to be scheduled. The interviews were scheduled on the same day, at the end of April, and once again I sent follow-up emails to those I had met with.

After this meeting, I did not hear any updates unless I reached out to the recruiter or hiring manager myself. I waited five business days before reaching out each time, and was told that there were still decisions being made as the team was deciding between two candidates. Finally, in mid-May, I heard back that there would be a fourth in-person interview. I was excited to hear back, albeit a bit miffed it had taken a bit of time.

After my final in-person interview, I did not hear back until I reached out to the recruiter at the end of May. I kept being told that I would hear back by a certain date; that date would pass and I would hear nothing. Finally, in the first week of June (a week after I was told final decisions would be made), I heard from the recruiter that ADP had gone with the other candidate.

At this point, I was not angry that I did not receive an offer - I was upset that my time had been seemingly wasted. I understand there were certain extenuating circumstances, but there are no reasons that this process should take 3 months. I applied in mid-March and finally received resolution in June. I hope ADP rectifies this to ensure no one else has to go through this process in such a negative manner.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Applied through college. Simple process. There were two rounds. First round was relaxed, a couple of behavioral questions to get to know you. Second round was technical, questions about my projects and what I want to work on, mostly from resume.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the transparent review and rating.