ADP Major Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 3.3K interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

ADP

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADP

Interview

Phone call with recruiter who was rude and then a three person panel whom got offended when they learned I was interviewing with other companies. I’ve interviewed with them before years ago, the manager at that time called me stupid. Run away..

Interview Questions
  • Where did you see the job posting?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocoee, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (Ocoee, FL)

Interview

Absolutely the worst experience. I asked if the salary is negotiable, the recruiter stated no and that was a conversation we should have had when we spoke.... um, what’s the problem with asking? Furthermore, I told them the starting salary for a large city is not enough for me to get out of bed in the morning, she said she didn’t appreciate the sarcasm, wasn’t sarcasm, just trying to be honest. Need less to say, if those are the recruiters you have at your company, I am glad to not be an employee.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Kansas City, MO)

Interview

Hiring process consisted of two phone interviews and two in person interviews. The last interview is a role play and is pretty awkward when your not trained on their products. They don't make it very clear on what they are looking for or give any direction besides a 1 page handout that tells you what business you are presenting to. I was told you have to touch down at the office to start the day and at the end of the day which is located in Lenexa.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL) in Jul 2016

Interview

I applied online, and then a recruiter reached out to me for a phone screen. After speaking with the recruiter, I was invited to come in for an in-person interview with the VP of Sales and a Manager. The interview went well, I researched the company extensively prior to the meeting, and I was able to clearly show my preparation. Next, I was invited back for a second round with two other managers. Again, thoroughly prepared I did well and was advanced to the final round which is a presentation and role play with the VP, two managers, and one of the reps. The recruiter emailed me the template for the presentation, and gave me helpful tips. The role play consists of "pitching" what you sell in your current position. I spent a week creating and practicing my presentation and role play. When it came time to present I was ready to show off all my hard work. I thought the presentation went well, and was told by everyone in the room that it was very well done, and better than most they see. Finally, it was time for the role play. For my current job I sell a complicated technical solution for a specialized industry, which is difficult to role play with people that don't have prior knowledge. The role play did not go as smoothly. However, I still thought I was the best fit for the role. A few days later it turned out they went with someone else.

Interview Questions
  • Why ADP? Tell me about your current sales position (asked a lot of questions regarding this) What do you like to do on weekends? Why you for ADP?

ADP

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in Jun 2016

Interview

I was contacted two days after applying online by a recruiter. After an initial phone screen with the recruiter (easy, but thorough) I was invited for an in-person interview the following week. You'll need to complete a pre-formatted cover letter asking why you want to work at ADP beforehand. The interview consisted of an hour-long meeting with the Sales Executive, very friendly and professional, where I was asked about my background in detail, why ADP, my general sales abilities and strengths/weaknesses, etc. I then spoke for 30 minutes with the VP of Sales, and after, with another manager in Major Accounts. Those I spoke with were extremely courteous and displayed a genuine interest in my background. They seek candidates of sound character and believe sales acumen can be built on top of that, so be sure to demonstrate a solid foundation of character, personality, and confidence before elaborating on specific sales skills. As others here have said, one crucial thing to know is that they often don't have a vacant position immediately available and you'll be placed on the bench after receiving an offer. The waiting period can range from 2 weeks to 2 months and is largely dependent on the needs of the office where you're applying. This was the only downside to an otherwise very positive and professional interview experience.

Interview Questions
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in Mar 2016

Interview

Meet with Regional Manager and VP. If they both want to see more you will have to do a presentation to secure the position. Regional Manager was a good, solid interviewer. The VP, unfortunately, was quite condescending. He looked at his email while I was talking multiple times and told me my resume wasn't very good. Being respectful of people's time and experience is key in these situations and his tone fell short in that regard.

Interview Questions
  • Basic sales acumen and career path questions. The Regional Manager
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Buffalo, NY) in Mar 2016

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then Regional VP and the face to face with Regional Director. Everybody was very friendly and professional throughout the process, great company! Opportunity Compete directly in Paychex's backyard.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ADP

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in Feb 2016

Interview

The interview process is a bit lengthy. It started with a phone interview with the recruiter, then a face to face interview with the VP of Sales, then an interview with the 2 hiring managers, and finally a mock presentation in front of the VP of Sales and 2 hiring managers.

Interview Questions
  • They were most interested in my experience with C-level executives and presentation skills.

ADP

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in Sep 2015

Interview

The interview process was smooth. The recruiter was friendly and knowledgeable and really took the time to learn more about me. I went through two interviews, one with the VP of sales who was fantastic and one with two sales managers. The overall feeling during my second interview wasn't great. Some of the questioning was a bit crass and I walked away with the feeling that if i had gotten the position I would be coming to work in constant fear of losing it.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (Windsor, CT) in Aug 2015

Interview

Targeted by recruiter, very friendly and upbeat. After a phone interview with recruiter a appointment was scheduled with the VP of sales. I was surprised to not meet the hiring manager, or the director, but meet directly with the VP of sales who has been with the company for a long time - no pressure or anything. Friendly, extremely professional and generally likable, nice guy. Got right down to business, very little small talk, and basically went with a boiler room/wolf of wall street style interview "sell me this pen" type attitude. I was pretty turned off by his interview style, and felt like he was in a hurry and rush to burn through the interview and get back to something more important. FYI - ADP does not usually have a position OPEN when you interview. You will be on the bench until they have a position open up. Not a place you want to interview at unless you have a lifetime of sales experience or you eat, breathe and sleep sales.

Interview Questions
  • 1. What are CEO's and CFO's most concerned with? 2.. Sell to me, pretend I am a CEO/CFO. Get my attention to get an appointment. 3. What size companies have you sold to before? 4. What are the titles of people you have sold services to before?
4 people found this interview helpful