ADP Major Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

3.4

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Hiring process consisted of two phone interviews and two in person interviews. The last interview is a role play and is pretty awkward when your not trained on their products. They don't make it very clear on what they are looking for or give any direction besides a 1 page handout that tells you what business you are presenting to. I was told you have to touch down at the office to start the day and at the end of the day which is located in Lenexa.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review of your interview experience.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then a recruiter reached out to me for a phone screen. After speaking with the recruiter, I was invited to come in for an in-person interview with the VP of Sales and a Manager. The interview went well, I researched the company extensively prior to the meeting, and I was able to clearly show my preparation. Next, I was invited back for a second round with two other managers. Again, thoroughly prepared I did well and was advanced to the final round which is a presentation and role play with the VP, two managers, and one of the reps. The recruiter emailed me the template for the presentation, and gave me helpful tips. The role play consists of "pitching" what you sell in your current position. I spent a week creating and practicing my presentation and role play. When it came time to present I was ready to show off all my hard work. I thought the presentation went well, and was told by everyone in the room that it was very well done, and better than most they see.
     Finally, it was time for the role play. For my current job I sell a complicated technical solution for a specialized industry, which is difficult to role play with people that don't have prior knowledge. The role play did not go as smoothly. However, I still thought I was the best fit for the role. A few days later it turned out they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Why ADP?
      Tell me about your current sales position (asked a lot of questions regarding this)
      What do you like to do on weekends?
      Why you for ADP?   Answer Question

Sep 7, 2016 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your unfortunate experience. It sounds like you were really prepared. Stay in touch with your recruiter and reach out periodically to see if new similar roles emerge.

Thank you!

Major Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted two days after applying online by a recruiter. After an initial phone screen with the recruiter (easy, but thorough) I was invited for an in-person interview the following week. You'll need to complete a pre-formatted cover letter asking why you want to work at ADP beforehand. The interview consisted of an hour-long meeting with the Sales Executive, very friendly and professional, where I was asked about my background in detail, why ADP, my general sales abilities and strengths/weaknesses, etc. I then spoke for 30 minutes with the VP of Sales, and after, with another manager in Major Accounts.

Those I spoke with were extremely courteous and displayed a genuine interest in my background. They seek candidates of sound character and believe sales acumen can be built on top of that, so be sure to demonstrate a solid foundation of character, personality, and confidence before elaborating on specific sales skills.

As others here have said, one crucial thing to know is that they often don't have a vacant position immediately available and you'll be placed on the bench after receiving an offer. The waiting period can range from 2 weeks to 2 months and is largely dependent on the needs of the office where you're applying. This was the only downside to an otherwise very positive and professional interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Meet with Regional Manager and VP. If they both want to see more you will have to do a presentation to secure the position. Regional Manager was a good, solid interviewer. The VP, unfortunately, was quite condescending. He looked at his email while I was talking multiple times and told me my resume wasn't very good. Being respectful of people's time and experience is key in these situations and his tone fell short in that regard.

Interview Questions

• Basic sales acumen and career path questions. The Regional Manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Buffalo, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then Regional VP and the face to face with Regional Director. Everybody was very friendly and professional throughout the process, great company! Opportunity Compete directly in Paychex's backyard.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Major Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a bit lengthy. It started with a phone interview with the recruiter, then a face to face interview with the VP of Sales, then an interview with the 2 hiring managers, and finally a mock presentation in front of the VP of Sales and 2 hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• They were most interested in my experience with C-level executives and presentation skills.   Answer Question

Major Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. The recruiter was friendly and knowledgeable and really took the time to learn more about me. I went through two interviews, one with the VP of sales who was fantastic and one with two sales managers. The overall feeling during my second interview wasn't great. Some of the questioning was a bit crass and I walked away with the feeling that if i had gotten the position I would be coming to work in constant fear of losing it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (Windsor, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Targeted by recruiter, very friendly and upbeat. After a phone interview with recruiter a appointment was scheduled with the VP of sales. I was surprised to not meet the hiring manager, or the director, but meet directly with the VP of sales who has been with the company for a long time - no pressure or anything. Friendly, extremely professional and generally likable, nice guy. Got right down to business, very little small talk, and basically went with a boiler room/wolf of wall street style interview "sell me this pen" type attitude. I was pretty turned off by his interview style, and felt like he was in a hurry and rush to burn through the interview and get back to something more important. FYI - ADP does not usually have a position OPEN when you interview. You will be on the bench until they have a position open up. Not a place you want to interview at unless you have a lifetime of sales experience or you eat, breathe and sleep sales.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are CEO's and CFO's most concerned with?
      2.. Sell to me, pretend I am a CEO/CFO. Get my attention to get an appointment.
      3. What size companies have you sold to before?
      4. What are the titles of people you have sold services to before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ADP (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by 2 recruiters for an open position in Pittsburgh office. Set up an interview for the following week. I sat down with 2 managers separately for 2 different department positions. The interview was casual yet challenging.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficulty you had at a previos job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Buena Park, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was so excited to be considered for a position withing ADP. It was the standard phone interview which lead to another phone interview with the manager of the department. He loved my experience with Insurance before and asked me to come in for a sit in with one of the top producers. That day came, and i was in awe with the opportunity to be able to work with this company. I loved the atmosphere and the energy. While sitting with the producer, i learned the day to day activities and also the culture and it fit my personality perfectly. After an hour, i sat down with the Manager and what I assumed to be his supervisor. The manager asked to to explain my situation and expierience to the supervisor so he can be updated with who i am. After that they asked me a few questions and they asked me if i had any questions which was just one since the phone interview, me and the manager pretty much had a Q and A over the phone. I asked what would prevent me from getting this position, and they had had a small concern but believe that I can do it and fit in perfectly and that I would be a top candidate. They let me know that they would let me know that Friday or the following Monday.

Today about a week and half later no word from anyone. I have emailed and contacted the manager and the recruiter and no callbacks or email replies. After reading everyone elses repsonses, i thought i would have known by now the decision but i am assuming that they went withj someone else. But how hard is it to keep the timeframe or either call or respond to give an update to the candidate? This is very unprofessional and now what I expected from this company who I researched has a great reputation. I'm very dissappointed.