ADP Major Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Major Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

3.3

Major Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a bit lengthy. It started with a phone interview with the recruiter, then a face to face interview with the VP of Sales, then an interview with the 2 hiring managers, and finally a mock presentation in front of the VP of Sales and 2 hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• They were most interested in my experience with C-level executives and presentation skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Major Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted two days after applying online by a recruiter. After an initial phone screen with the recruiter (easy, but thorough) I was invited for an in-person interview the following week. You'll need to complete a pre-formatted cover letter asking why you want to work at ADP beforehand. The interview consisted of an hour-long meeting with the Sales Executive, very friendly and professional, where I was asked about my background in detail, why ADP, my general sales abilities and strengths/weaknesses, etc. I then spoke for 30 minutes with the VP of Sales, and after, with another manager in Major Accounts.

Those I spoke with were extremely courteous and displayed a genuine interest in my background. They seek candidates of sound character and believe sales acumen can be built on top of that, so be sure to demonstrate a solid foundation of character, personality, and confidence before elaborating on specific sales skills.

As others here have said, one crucial thing to know is that they often don't have a vacant position immediately available and you'll be placed on the bench after receiving an offer. The waiting period can range from 2 weeks to 2 months and is largely dependent on the needs of the office where you're applying. This was the only downside to an otherwise very positive and professional interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Meet with Regional Manager and VP. If they both want to see more you will have to do a presentation to secure the position. Regional Manager was a good, solid interviewer. The VP, unfortunately, was quite condescending. He looked at his email while I was talking multiple times and told me my resume wasn't very good. Being respectful of people's time and experience is key in these situations and his tone fell short in that regard.

Interview Questions

• Basic sales acumen and career path questions. The Regional Manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ADP (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by 2 recruiters for an open position in Pittsburgh office. Set up an interview for the following week. I sat down with 2 managers separately for 2 different department positions. The interview was casual yet challenging.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficulty you had at a previos job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Major Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. The recruiter was friendly and knowledgeable and really took the time to learn more about me. I went through two interviews, one with the VP of sales who was fantastic and one with two sales managers. The overall feeling during my second interview wasn't great. Some of the questioning was a bit crass and I walked away with the feeling that if i had gotten the position I would be coming to work in constant fear of losing it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (Windsor, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Targeted by recruiter, very friendly and upbeat. After a phone interview with recruiter a appointment was scheduled with the VP of sales. I was surprised to not meet the hiring manager, or the director, but meet directly with the VP of sales who has been with the company for a long time - no pressure or anything. Friendly, extremely professional and generally likable, nice guy. Got right down to business, very little small talk, and basically went with a boiler room/wolf of wall street style interview "sell me this pen" type attitude. I was pretty turned off by his interview style, and felt like he was in a hurry and rush to burn through the interview and get back to something more important. FYI - ADP does not usually have a position OPEN when you interview. You will be on the bench until they have a position open up. Not a place you want to interview at unless you have a lifetime of sales experience or you eat, breathe and sleep sales.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are CEO's and CFO's most concerned with?
      2.. Sell to me, pretend I am a CEO/CFO. Get my attention to get an appointment.
      3. What size companies have you sold to before?
      4. What are the titles of people you have sold services to before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Richmond, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

After applying online and then passing a phone interview, I was told I needed to take personality and IQ tests. I took both and passed them. Then I was set up for the face to face. The meeting was with two sales managers and they wanted to know all the basic info about me and why I was looking etc. They really are looking to see how nervous you get and if you have a good personality. I closed the interview by asking to see what I can do to move forward. I was then given a ride along. This is again another personality test. You will actually sit through a presentation. For the most part you keep quiet but don't just sit there. I passed that and then I had another face to face. Now I had to put together a presentation. This is basically a report you generate to try and gain new business. They give you some vague guidelines but they really want to see your presentation skills. Here is where I had issues. I knew someone that worked there so they were expecting me to have a more ADP style presemtation. I kind of thought that was cheating in a way so I didn't. I think another factor was that I had very little experience. I was 3 years out of college. I ended up going through a series of interviews with Small Accounts and getting an offer but it was too low. Best advice is, if you know someone at ADP talk to them and get all the details, talk with your recruiter frequently and follow up, always ask for another interview. One question I would have though is how people are doing that have been there for a while. The salary I was told was 75k but then would drop to 40 plus commission. It does seem there is some turnover. Everyone seemed very nice though and it appeared like an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation you were in where there was a conflict at work and how did you go about finding a solution   Answer Question

Too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Cleveland, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Contacted through a recruiter for Small Business opportunity. Told I am too qualified and moved to Major Accts opportunity. Phone interview with recruiter - easy. Phone interview with VP- very comfortable. In person interview with 2 Regional Managers- pretty easy questions here too. Position is Hunter - no real extensive relationship building. Very much focused on cold calling.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer calling on completely competitive accounts or existing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Had to talk with internal recruiter, complete personality test, have 2 interviews with hiring managers, and deliver a presentation. Interviewers intentinally challenge you with qurestions you wont know the answer to.

Interview Questions

• Why shold we hire you with all the people out there looking for work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No i was content with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2009.

Interview

The intial interview process was two phone screens and then a final panel interview with a sales presentation.