ADP Major Accounts District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Major Accounts District Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Kansas City, MO) in April 2020.

Interview

1st conversation with a recruiter. 2nd interview over the phone with the hiring sales manager. 3rd interview with the VP of Sales. 4th interview I was asked to prepare a 15 minute PowerPoint presentation for a sales call role play in addition to a 10 minute slideshow presentation on why I was a good fit for the role. A week and a half later I received an email letting me know they decided to go in another direction. Although the interviews themselves were not difficult, the amount of time put into building a PowerPoint presentation just to receive a rejection via email may be a bit too much to ask for some.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 18, 2020

Thank you for sharing your insights into the ADP interview process. We appreciate your feedback and will share with our talent acquisition teams to better improve the candidate experience.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP in December 2019.

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruiter, Phone Interview with VP of Sales, In-Person Interview with Sales Executive (your direct manager), In-Person Sales Presentation to Sales Executive and VP of Sales. Recruiting stays in touch with you throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• There were multiple questions centered around gaining access and selling to C-Level executives.   Answer Question

Jun 8, 2020

Thank you for your review and for sharing your insights with us on Glassdoor. We appreciate these details and are happy to hear that you had a positive experience.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Interview

Enjoyed the interview process. The Recruiter (Nar) reached out to me on LinkedIn. Scheduled initial call with her. Then we set up a call with the VP of sales in Portland office. Who moved me to a third round in person in Seattle office. I didn’t make it to the final round which would have been an in person presentation. Everyone was very respectful, kind and I enjoyed the process even though I didn’t get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your story In sales? Why change? Why now?   Answer Question

Nov 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing insights into your interview experience with us on Glassdoor. We are happy that your experience was positive and appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP (Atlanta, GA) in September 2019.

Interview

1. Applied through LinkedIn and within about a week or so, a recruiter reached out to set up a time to speak.

2. Recruiter call was very well organized and prepared for speaking with me. Very straight to the point on role description, expectations of salary requirements and overall understanding of company.

3. Recruiter either determines you are a good fit to go on to the next step or not.

4. Went to the next step where I was to interview
    with two managers in person.

5. Interviewing with two managers in person was a great opportunity to come prepared with your stats, accomplishments, a clear description of what you are doing now or in the past that has set you up to win at ADP. Come prepared with a brag book and numbers. Also come with a lot of questions. This is your time to pick their brains as managers. I think this really determines if you will fit into the culture there. Managers were warm and friendly. Build rapport.

6. Next step is feedback from those managers to your recruiter. Once that happens, you will either move onto the next step of the big presentation or not.

7. Recruiter will provide you with a list of things you need to do for your role play presentation. Presentation is very straight forward. Make sure to really come prepared. You’ll have about 3-7 days to prepare, depending on what follow up in person time you choose.

8. For presentation you will most likely meet with another manager and the VP of Sales. During presentation, make sure to ask a lot of questions (role play) and interact a lot with VP of sales and manager. Close!

9. After presentation, recruiter will get follow up from how you did and determine next steps. This could take 2-5 days to hear back.

10. Once you get the approval to move forward, you will do a seat ride with one of their tenured reps, to get a day in the life experience.

11. Within 2-5 days you should receive an answer if you are to be hired or not.

Overall process went well! Everyone was prepared and asked great questions. You can tell they truly want to pick the best person for their current needs and future needs. The process can be a little long.. if people take vacation etc, I would say maybe 1 month and maybe a little more depending on scheduling!

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Sep 30, 2019

We appreciate you sharing this full experience into your interview process for the District Manager role. This insight is extremely helpful for candidates going through these same experiences. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the process and are excited that you have joined us at ADP! #WorkHappy

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I was referred by a colleague. Had an initial phone screening then 3 in person interviews followed by a formal presentation. Overall pleasant experience. Upon tentative offer, a full background check was ran. The process was very well streamlined.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 31, 2019

We are glad you had a positive interview experience! Thank you for your review and for sharing your insights with us on Glassdoor. Welcome to the ADP team. #WorkHappy

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with the ADP recruiter, and progressed to a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview, and finally a presentation based on a sales account. The process required a lot of preparation but made it clear the hiring managers really wanted to get someone they were confident could succeed in the role.

Interview Questions

• What is the best piece of sales advice you ever received?   Answer Question

Apr 8, 2019

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Interview

It was a very straight forward process:
    Recruiter emailed me following day of my application

Set up phone interview with the recruiter same day(Monday).
    Reviewed my resume, duties of the job, salary and commission and what to expect in f2f interview.

Second interview f2f with two sales executives (managers) 3 days later.
    It was very comfortable, much like a discussion with a customer. Lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Final meeting with same managers following Monday.
    Did a role play and why I thought I should work for ADP

Received call same day from original recruiter telling me I was being offered a position

Entire process took a week, which I thought was fast for a large company.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 25, 2019

Thank you for the review and rating and welcome to the ADP team. #WorkHappy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Tampa, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

1st Interview - Recruiter
    2nd Interview - Sales Executive
    3rd Interview - VP of Sales
    4th Interview - Regional VP
    5th Interview - Ride Along/Presentation

Interviewing at ADP was a long drown out process. They made me feel like I was just a number towards the end so I started to lose faith in a long term career here. I was a finalist but didn't end up getting the job. I feel like they are missing out on a lot of great talent because they necessarily drag out the process too long.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 17, 2019

Thank you for sharing your insights into your District Manager interview experience and we apologize that your experience was negative. We aim for a professional experience in every interview session. If you have anything additional to share, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com Thank you.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Rather lengthy process, but they want to make sure they have the right person.
    - Phone interview with recruiter
    - Phone interview with VP
    - In-person interview with direct manager
    - In-person panel interview/presentation with management and VP
    - Received offer

Interview Questions

• How would you get a deal closed if we weren't the cheapest option?   Answer Question

Feb 11, 2019

Thank you for the review and rating and welcome to the ADP team. #workhappy

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Houston, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

Very friendly, interview was mostly conversational. The presentation was a first for me, the VP was very kind and at the end everyone went around the room and told me one good thing I did. Felt very supported and encouraged.

Interview Questions

• Create a presentation with a company information you find online.   Answer Question

Dec 16, 2019

Thank you for your review and for sharing your insights with us on Glassdoor. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful and positive interview experience. Welcome to the ADP team! #WorkHappy