ADP Major Accounts District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ADP

3.3

Major Account District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (Bridgeport, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

Exhaustive. Very likely designed to take your focus away from the fact that this company's salesforce and culture is almost a "very large boiler-room". You are never clearly told what you'll be doing in your new sales job. You may well be misled to about benefits and comp.

Interview Questions

• Presentation of a topic in powerpoint or whiteboard in front of managers and peers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Multistep process, met with all levels
    Ridealong with salesperson
    Mock Presentation
    Should've negotiated base more

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ADP& the folks you're meeting with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Conversations with recruiter. Should've pressed harder on higher base.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and with the managers you would be working with on a day to day. The managers were very smart and made sure you had a handle on all aspects of a company. There was a phone screen, a 1 on 1 interview with a manager, a personality test, and a group interview with a required presentation you give to them selling ADP's solutions.

Interview Questions

• An in depth review of your business acumen and how your prior experience has set you up for success in this position.   Answer Question

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADP in October 2012.

Interview

I had first contact with a recruiter that was very helpful in preparing me for the next steps. I had a 3 step process with two in person interviews starting with the VP and next with the Sales Executive. The final step was a presentation that the recruiter gives you the topics for. After my presentation, I had to make some dials for the manager to let him hear my gaining access pitch.

Interview Questions

• How do you sell what we do while making an HR person feel comfortable and not threatened?   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy, they gave me what I specified.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in October 2013.

Interview

1) I was contact via LinkedIn and setup with an interview with the Regional Manager.

2) I had an interview with the Regional Manager one week later that lasted about an hour. I received a call later that day for the next interview.

3) Interviewed with two of the location manager (one of whom I would be reporting to) one week later that lasted about 30 min. I received a call later that day asking me in to do a presentation for them on outsourcing in 3 days.

4) I gave them a presentation on outsourcing (no specifications were given for the project) that was about 5 min long. At this step, make sure that the presentation is actually a sales presentation and make them believe in whatever you are trying to sell them, no matter how little feedback they are giving you during it. I received a call back about an hour later telling me that they were going to extent me an offer. I received the offer later that afternoon.

5) YOU ARE NOT HIRED - They will do a very thorough background check on work history, criminal, drug and education. Make sure you call your previous employers and that all information they have is the same as what you have. I passed the background.

The whole process is long, but smooth if you keep the conversation light during the interviews and know every metric from your past. This is not an entry level position, so you should know a lot about prospecting, pipeline management and closing deals. If you are an ideal candidate, they know you will be interviewing them as much as them interviewing you and expect it. Once you know it is the right fit, tell them and then sell, sell, sell.

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP (Allentown, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

Well oiled machine, they conduct interviews all the time because of the turnover. Very pleasant process with two to three different sales executives conducting one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, this is what the pay is, want the job?

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (Portland, OR) in July 2010.

Interview

Difficult to start a process without going through HR recruiters and week out HR interview first. My process was 8 years ago and it didn't seem to change much. There is a test although that may be going away. Somehow ADP has this linked to the stremaline division and I worked for the US Employer services division and streamline is a product offered by that division. It would not surprise me to learn that they have ensured that the US portion is as difficult as possible to review on Glassdoor. enough said.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or terribly difficult, you will have to make a presentation, again not difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Attempted too but there was and is no give in this area.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Tucson, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

A standard phone call with the sales recruiter was the first step. Reviewed the resume, discussed why ADP, why leaving current positions, and what my previous positions entailed for responsibilites and accomplishments. Next was a conversational interview with the district vice president. AFter that, I was assigned a presentation on the affordable care act and met with the district vp and hiring manager to present. Again, conversational. Noting behavior per se.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my progression path at the company looked like, so be comfortable with the other positions in the company and what your options are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for this role. Base was 55K with a one year training subsidy of an additional 1250 per pay check for 6 months, then 750 a pay check for the last 6 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Milford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. I wasn't really looking but she said this was a great opportunity. First I spoke with her for about 30 minutes. I thought it went well and she thought it went very well. Next step was in person. Met me the manager. I thought this went very well too but the manager did not

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from LinkedIn through a employee referral. I had a telephone on with her to discuss my prior experience and was then moved to the next step of interviewing with the VP over the phone. I passed that and was offered to ride with another sales rep to see "a day in the life". Then next step was to have a face to face interview with the VP and do a presentation. The presentation was basically a overview of the company. The offer was given several months later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't have to negative, the offer was more than I expected.