ADP Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a phone call within a few days. The phone interview was straight forward just asking questions and on the spot I was asked to meet with the VP of Sales. I had a great interview and felt I really connected with the VP and was moved forward to a third round of interviews. Once again felt I had a great interview and was told that the recruiter who I spoke to on the phone interview would be in touch to set up a ride along. A week went by without hearing so i gave her a call to which she told me I would hear back and even scheduled a time that she would contact me about the scheduling options for the ride along. She didn't call when she said she would so I called and left a message with no response. Followed up one more time a week later with no response. Not sure how this company works, but last time I checked its common decency to not string people along when they're deep into the interview process. I commuted an hour both ways for each interview I think the least they could have done was given me an answer as to what my status was. Pretty much a waste of time.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your negative experience. This is not a common practice at ADP and there should have been more clarity within the situation. Thank you for the review.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview lasted an hour with two people and I was never offered a drink. I found this extremely unprofessional. What made it worse was the interviewer was drinking an iced tea right in front of me.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the review of your interviewing experience.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people from ADP after 1 phone screen with head hunter. I thought it was strange that the VP of sales & reps all gave me their business cards to stay in contact, but nobody including the recruiter got back to me; no feedback for why I wasn't able to make it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What was the customer response rate based on call & email activity   Answer Question

Apr 3, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review of your interview experience. This is unfortunate that your interviewer did not reach out to you afterwards and that is not the policy at ADP. We apologize for their mistake... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was sought after on LinkedIn by an ADP recruiter. The process was all very last minute and thrown together poorly. I was coming up from DC, so I was obviously taking a lot of time and money to come to their Manhattan office. When I went for my first in person interview I was told I would meet several people. I only met the VP in that office and I was in and out in under 40 minutes, didn't meet anyone else or even get a tour. I then reluctantly came back up two weeks later and met several managers who were much more pleasant, but I was never really given an appropriate or accurate overview of the day to day job despite my questions so I seemed unprepared. However I liked the managers and wrote them all thank you notes and then heard literally nothing from ADP after spending hundreds of dollars on train tickets and time from a different state. I emailed the recruiter who reached out to ME asking for some feedback because I hadn't heard back and got nothing. To be honest I was able to find a job with a much more welcoming and respectful community that same visit, but was really thrown off by how much time I feel like I wasted in the end when I was very open to working for ADP and was surprised at how I was treated by a company that supposedly has a great reputation. Maybe I was just another interviewee to help the recruiter hit her numbers, which is very sad.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review. We are very interested in your story, and if you wish to provide more details, please contact us at adp_talent_community@adp.com

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty basic phone interview with the recruiter. After that I sat down with the VP for about an hour. Again pretty basic questions. After that I did a ride day with one of the sales reps then at the end of the week I did a final interview with the VP and a manager.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • What do your parents do?   Answer Question
    • How would you rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 on the following: Loyalty. You keep a positive attitude after something doesn't go your way.   Answer Question
    • Who in this world knows you best? What would that person say are your strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Who do you look up to? What is the most important thing that person has taught you?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Good interview with the recruiter. Company was respectful and competitive. Salary and benefits were good too. Got a call back after a couple of days to demonstrate their interest in hiring me to the position they were offering

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone interview was awkward. Spoke with someone who mumbled and seemed completely uninterested in the Interview. A lot of his questions were repetitive and the interview ended with dead air and then an abrupt and obviously scripted outro.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you were not able to appease an angry customer.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an colleague, then asked to send my resumé and then set up a phone interview a couple days later. It's a very simple interview and as long as you sell yourself as someone who likes to take on challenges, does well with deadlines, and is looking for a job where hard work is rewarded I'm sure it will go well.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Spoke to 3 different people prior to being given an offer. We reviewed all the benefits ADP had to offer it's employees. Employees spoke highly of ADP and were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, why ADP and how did I feel I was a good fit for ADP.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied and then I was scheduled an interview with Juan Martinez, Hiring Manager. I love his honestly in the position. The interview was orthodox which allowed me to make a sound decision on rather or not I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• I was told the position was very stressful and demanding from clients and management. I respect the brutally honest.   Answer Question