ADP Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.9

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a phone call within a few days. The phone interview was straight forward just asking questions and on the spot I was asked to meet with the VP of Sales. I had a great interview and felt I really connected with the VP and was moved forward to a third round of interviews. Once again felt I had a great interview and was told that the recruiter who I spoke to on the phone interview would be in touch to set up a ride along. A week went by without hearing so i gave her a call to which she told me I would hear back and even scheduled a time that she would contact me about the scheduling options for the ride along. She didn't call when she said she would so I called and left a message with no response. Followed up one more time a week later with no response. Not sure how this company works, but last time I checked its common decency to not string people along when they're deep into the interview process. I commuted an hour both ways for each interview I think the least they could have done was given me an answer as to what my status was. Pretty much a waste of time.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your negative experience. This is not a common practice at ADP and there should have been more clarity within the situation. Thank you for the review.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview lasted an hour with two people and I was never offered a drink. I found this extremely unprofessional. What made it worse was the interviewer was drinking an iced tea right in front of me.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the review of your interviewing experience.

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty basic phone interview with the recruiter. After that I sat down with the VP for about an hour. Again pretty basic questions. After that I did a ride day with one of the sales reps then at the end of the week I did a final interview with the VP and a manager.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • What do your parents do?   Answer Question
    • How would you rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 on the following: Loyalty. You keep a positive attitude after something doesn't go your way.   Answer Question
    • Who in this world knows you best? What would that person say are your strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Who do you look up to? What is the most important thing that person has taught you?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Good interview with the recruiter. Company was respectful and competitive. Salary and benefits were good too. Got a call back after a couple of days to demonstrate their interest in hiring me to the position they were offering

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone interview was awkward. Spoke with someone who mumbled and seemed completely uninterested in the Interview. A lot of his questions were repetitive and the interview ended with dead air and then an abrupt and obviously scripted outro.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you were not able to appease an angry customer.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY).

Interview

Spoke to 3 different people prior to being given an offer. We reviewed all the benefits ADP had to offer it's employees. Employees spoke highly of ADP and were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, why ADP and how did I feel I was a good fit for ADP.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied and then I was scheduled an interview with Juan Martinez, Hiring Manager. I love his honestly in the position. The interview was orthodox which allowed me to make a sound decision on rather or not I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• I was told the position was very stressful and demanding from clients and management. I respect the brutally honest.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Overall it took about a month to have a phone interview with a recruiter and than two phone interviews with managers. Both interviews lasted close to an hour each

Interview Questions

• What challenges did I expect from learning the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Simple interview that mainly asked behavioral questions and questions regarding past work experience. They are mainly looking for sales and customer service experience being that the job entails those qualities. Ended up declining to move forward to the next step because it was something I was not interested in.

Sales Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I just want to first and foremost say that I have reason to state I was discriminated against in this interview and lost out on the position due to my skin tone. The office I interviewed at lacked diversity. I had a proven sales track record at my previous company. Not only do I have these qualities, I was able to show physical proof of my track record and I get a call from the recruiter, stating they were moving on with other candidates. I have applied for other jobs and have never gotten that vibe. I guess they didn't want add diversity to their office. Thankfully not every company is like that and I have met other people like myself that experienced similar situations.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Dec 15, 2016 – Project Specialist

We appreciate your feedback on your interview experience at our ADP NYC location. At ADP, we value diversity and inclusion as evidenced by our diversity rankings on third-party lists like ... More